Spider-Man web of shadows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No no, I thought Ultimate Spider-Man was great, but it came out before Spider-Man 3 and Spider-Man: Friend or Foe (that awful kids game). I was talking about those two games.

Oh that's right!! I forgot about the Friend or Foe game.

I wish I could afford this but its going to have to wait until much later. Probably after Christmas.

I will have to wait as well i just want it to be good as for something to look forward to.

I'm waiting for the reviews to see whether to get the PS3 and 360 version. I'm leaning towards the PS3 because I like the controller style better for the Spidey games cause I'm more comfortable with it.

Yep, tomorrow and what worries me more is that there aren't any big reviews for the game yet. Yahoo Games gave it an 8/10. Good start, I'd say.

Arg, no other big reviews yet and I'm picking this up in a couple hours! I just hope it's better than Spider-Man 3.

Ok I need some honest opinions...I don't care for achievements and I have not seen a CLEAR review on the differences between the 360 and PS3 versions.

I'm divided between both consoles.I love the PS3 controller and its design (I've used it throughout all the Spidey games) but I would prefer not to experience the slow-downs I've heard reported.

I'm wondering if there is a slight graphic downturn from the 360...I remember in Spidey 3 you could not "see" the distance of the city as far as you could with the PS3 version.

Opinions?

I'd go PS3 but i hear the game should be held off till the bargain bin. There's probably slowdown in both.

this game looks weak! i wouldnt even bother buying one if i were u, just seeing some of the story and graphics, not impressive the slightest bit, when r we going 2 get a GREAT spidey game? :emperor

Ok I need some honest opinions...I don't care for achievements and I have not seen a CLEAR review on the differences between the 360 and PS3 versions.

I'm divided between both consoles.I love the PS3 controller and its design (I've used it throughout all the Spidey games) but I would prefer not to experience the slow-downs I've heard reported.

I'm wondering if there is a slight graphic downturn from the 360...I remember in Spidey 3 you could not "see" the distance of the city as far as you could with the PS3 version.

Opinions?

from the IGN review:

Technically speaking, the game the game doesn’t stack up well against other open world titles. The voice acting luckily isn’t indicative of the rest of the sound package but the visuals are there to drag it right back down again. The PS3 runs far worse than the 360 version but neither is appealing or stimulating. Lots of screen tearing and slowdown mar the already unattractive textures and player models.

So it's not a smooth playing experience on either console. I held off buying the game after reading the reviews, but I might still pick it up. Can't make up my mind.

Aww, how disappointing. Guess I should be glad I couldn't afford it or I would have already bought it. I'll wait until its cheap now. It sucks because I spent all that money on a PS3 and I've yet to play a really satisfying game on it.

Aww, how disappointing. Guess I should be glad I couldn't afford it or I would have already bought it. I'll wait until its cheap now. It sucks because I spent all that money on a PS3 and I've yet to play a really satisfying game on it.

You're really having trouble finding a good PS3 game?

Anyway, I've decided to pick up Web of Shadows, I'll tell you all how it is after I play a bit. What pushed me over the edge and made me decide was the launch trailer, I watched it again:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/K7GOTetMZFQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/K7GOTetMZFQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

No, I'm not really looking for one. It's just that all the games I've bought for it so far haven't been as good as I was hoping. I haven't bought that many yet, and I don't play games that much so I'm sure they are out there.

Back