Spider-Man web of shadows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting with the Playstation "comic" Spider-man movie, the Spidey video games have been some of the BEST comic book-to-video game transitions in recent times.

I remember how amazing the PSX Spider-man was...what a fantastic game that was to first swing around and I remember it was really critically acclaimed as well.

The first movie Spidey was below average and then Spidey 2 was amazing with the open world followed by Ultimate Spider-man which was great as well. Spidey 3 seemed "rushed" and didn't take full advantage of the next-gen system graphics...probably to meet the movie deadline.

I feel the open-world Spidey formula has not yet been perfected yet. I think they can work on the random crimes to make them more diverse and interesting. I'm glad their working on the combat system as that has always been hit-or-miss as well as swinging around the city. The web-slinging has always been amazing but it also has been hit-or-miss with some of the controls for acrobatics, etc. hopefully it will indeed be refined and 'fluid' as they say.

I would love to see them go really "GTA" with Spidey and make numerous side missions/events that you can do as Spidey AND Peter Parker. A few suggestions:

-Side Missions with OTHER NY Superheroes: Daredevil, the Punisher, the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, and how about the X-Men? It'd be awesome to have some neat missions alongside other heroes.
-Dates: Yes...dates...how interesting would it be to take Mary Jane (or Betty Brant, Liz Allen...maybe even Gwen Stacy at one point) out as Peter Parker and then AS Spidey be able to go after Black Cat, Firestar, and others....oh and not to mention that you can also do side missions with the Black Cat, Firestar, etc. like stopping robberies...there could also be some "combo" moves.
-Multiplayer: Why NOT? With all the different outfits Spidey has, everyone can be him!!! Or perhaps even throw in some other characters like Venom and Carnage into the mix. Or what about Multiplayer VERSUS in a open-world city?!

I want to see some game play footage....none of this teaser FMV crap....I thought that Ironman was gonna rock based off the FMVs...we all know how good that game is....

I want to see some game play footage....none of this teaser FMV crap....I thought that Ironman was gonna rock based off the FMVs...we all know how good that game is....

Well what this has going for it is that it's not a movie game.

I wish they wouldn't make movie games. They should just put out games like this and have it released around the same time as the movie as a tie in.

OMG! I can't wait to see how this develops! I'm a huge Spiderman fan. Spidey 2 was my favorite game, by far. Ultimate Spidey was fairly cool with the option to play as Venom. I never had a chance to play Spidey 3 or Spiderman: Friend or Foe, but they didn't seem overly impressive. The graphics and story for this new game, however, really have me intrigued. Definitely looking forward to what is in store for this game!

Alright...a Spidey game from the comic universe again...

Movie games went downhill...

I look foward to playing this...

I wish they wouldn't make movie games. They should just put out games like this and have it released around the same time as the movie as a tie in.

You are right, the comic inspired Spidey games are better
I really enjoyed the Ultimate Spiderman game...

Whoa this does look awesome. Cool that Wolverine is in it too. I always think its cool when he and Spidey team up. They're almost like Batman and Robin to me. :lol

I'm getting this game no matter what...I just want to decide WHICH version...PS3 or X-Box 360....so I might wait for the reviews till then.

I'll have Fable 2 to tide me over on the 21st as well.

I hope this is a good game. I haven't really found a game that really sucked me in since I bought the PS3.

Back