Spider-Man web of shadows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a while I didn't mind. I find his voice annoying only when he's excited or worried about MJ. When he's calm, his voice has a rasp to it. Not sure how old he's supposed to be in this game. Better than Tobey, at least.

Spidey's voice is so ridiculously annoying I had a hard time justifying playing this game.

Sorry buddy but if you can't get over the annoying voice then whoa...you're missing quite a good game. :lol

He doesn't really talk all that much except for the cutscenes.

Oh I got past that. I was just saying the acting was so ridiculous that it's a good reason for some people to not play it.

I like playing the game but some stuff still feels gimmicky, the gameplay isn't all that solid, but it's Spider-Man so it's fun to just swing around. And I like kicking cars over and watching them cause an explosion chain-reaction.

Great game, really enjoy it so far. Only a rental for now, but I'm really liking it more than any other Spidey game i've played. Physics is really well done in this game.

Great game, really enjoy it so far. Only a rental for now, but I'm really liking it more than any other Spidey game i've played. Physics is really well done in this game.

So I FINALLY broke down and bought this game today for the PS3 and let me just say: "WOW!"

This is the best Spider-Man game I've played since Spider-Man 2 on the original X-Box. It's next thing to perfect in my opinion. And yes, I have even learned to cope with the voice-over which makes it standout in more of a positive way IMO. (It's not your "run of the mill" kind of superhero game.)

The controls are very fluent and everything in general flows so nicely. I was hooked at the very first opening sequence. The most original story I've seen for a Spider-Man game. Buy this if you're a Spider-Man fan! It's a must.

It's great fun. A bit of warning though, the camera and framerates get a bit frustrating once you get halfway through the game. More enemies around makes the game a bit sluggish.

:lecture

Yeah the more and more I play this, I'm thinking an eventual buy down the road. Definitely a really fun game. Like I said, the physics is amazing. Web-swinging through the city has never been more "comic book" real and accurate than in this game.

I'm at the second Venom meeting currently.

:lecture

Yeah the more and more I play this, I'm thinking an eventual buy down the road. Definitely a really fun game. Like I said, the physics is amazing. Web-swinging through the city has never been more "comic book" real and accurate than in this game.

I'm at the second Venom meeting currently.

I'm really addicted to the game right now. But I had a question: When you get the Red Suit Points for saving people or the Black Suit points for NOT saving people or hurting people.....What are those points for? I'm embarrassed to say that the Black Suit points are racking up...:eek: I really do try to save the civilians but man I'm horrible at it. I always mess up when they're flying through the air from an explosion and you have to web-blast them to catch them. I always get caught in the cross-fire from the thugs and I get shot just as I use my web. :banghead Plus I'll admit I do get a little destructive with the Symbiote at times. I'm trying to do EVERY side mission (save civilians, help the police fight gangs, etc.) So after I takedown 50 thugs, I do the mission to take out 100 more, then 150 more. I'm racking up the exp. though. I'm a completist. What can I say. Plus the fact that once you start another chapter of the game, it won't let you go back to finish uncompleted missions.

Anyways, can anyone answer my question about the Suit points? What are they used for? I haven't read anywhere about it in the manual.

I have no idea, but I must have a TON of black points. I've spent like an hour just walking around kicking cars into other cars so they explode, and then not saving the people. And then picking up cars and throwing them at people--since you can't punch them, but a car will hit them.

I have no idea, but I must have a TON of black points. I've spent like an hour just walking around kicking cars into other cars so they explode, and then not saving the people. And then picking up cars and throwing them at people--since you can't punch them, but a car will hit them.

I try NOT to rack up the Black points and instead go for the Red Suit points. But I find myself getting into MORE trouble, when I actually try to help. :lol

I also couldn't find where they keep "tabs" on those points but they HAVE to mean something. I would just google it or something but I don't want to read something that would spoil the game. So if anyone knows and it DOES have something to do with the turn out of the game, PLEASE DO NOT POST. (I guess I should have said something in my first post.) I just don't want to ruin the ending of this game. This is one of the best games I've played in a while....

Is there a demo for ps3?

I don't think so. I didn't see one on Xbox live marketplace either.

I'm almost done with the game. I wish there were more combat related Achievements (for the 360 version). You can only get an Achievement for 50, 100, and 250-hit combos, and I've already reached a 600-hit chain.

I'm really addicted to the game right now. But I had a question: When you get the Red Suit Points for saving people or the Black Suit points for NOT saving people or hurting people.....What are those points for? I'm embarrassed to say that the Black Suit points are racking up...:eek: I really do try to save the civilians but man I'm horrible at it. I always mess up when they're flying through the air from an explosion and you have to web-blast them to catch them. I always get caught in the cross-fire from the thugs and I get shot just as I use my web. :banghead Plus I'll admit I do get a little destructive with the Symbiote at times. I'm trying to do EVERY side mission (save civilians, help the police fight gangs, etc.) So after I takedown 50 thugs, I do the mission to take out 100 more, then 150 more. I'm racking up the exp. though. I'm a completist. What can I say. Plus the fact that once you start another chapter of the game, it won't let you go back to finish uncompleted missions.

Anyways, can anyone answer my question about the Suit points? What are they used for? I haven't read anywhere about it in the manual.

I think the suit points just sway your standings with your superhero friends. If you have more black points, you can call upon bad guys to help you out (like the vulture) or more red, good guys (like cage or wolverine). Also, I believe that is why the police is currently shooting at me... :lol

I think the suit points just sway your standings with your superhero friends. If you have more black points, you can call upon bad guys to help you out (like the vulture) or more red, good guys (like cage or wolverine). Also, I believe that is why the police is currently shooting at me... :lol

So with the team-ups, ALL of my allies only can be only used with the Red Suit. (ie Vulture, Wolverine, Black Cat, Luke, etc.) Is that because I defeated them in Red Suit form or maybe because I choose the side of Red (after you defeat them and you can choose the "end of the battle")? Or is it because I haven't gotten far enough in the game?
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm getting pretty far.....And it keeps getting better and better. The Symbiote moves are AMAZING! I've almost "bought" every move, but there's a few left that I'm excited about unlocking.

I'm getting pretty far.....And it keeps getting better and better. The Symbiote moves are AMAZING! I've almost "bought" every move, but there's a few left that I'm excited about unlocking.

:rock

Which part are you at now? Here's where I am:

Spoiler Spoiler:

:rock

Which part are you at now? Here's where I am:

Spoiler Spoiler:

We're actually pretty close.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I try to complete all of the side missions. The last one was defeat 500 infected which took FOREVER! :lol So this is why it's taking me so long to beat this thing. I also go on runs of collecting the "spider" tokens. I just reached Level 8.

Are you having issues with upgrading? I don't know if its because I'm maxed out for this point in time on the game, but even though I have plenty of Ex. pts., it won't allow me to buy more fighting techniques, even though I still have some left to buy. :confused:

Back