Spider-Man Far From Home (2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea it was a **** franchise that almost destroyed the brand and made Spider-Man seem dull. The second movie was a soulless trying to build a universe type movie. How can u build a universe around one character? Got lucky with venom but that strayed heavily from the origin

I freaking love how the MCU Spidey flicks show the high school eye view of world shaking Avengers events. The Cap PSA's, "billions of people turned to ash and then reappeared five years later, in other news there's a pep rally on Thursday, be sure to wear school colors," etc., lol.

I freaking love how the MCU Spidey flicks show the high school eye view of world shaking Avengers events. The Cap PSA's, "billions of people turned to ash and then reappeared five years later, in other news there's a pep rally on Thursday, be sure to wear school colors," etc., lol.
Yeah this is something I saw someone taking issue with that I didn't get. Some nonsense that this movie makes a mockery of Endgame. The ITV "tribute" to the fallen heroes with the Getty image was exactly the type of **** that a high schooler would put together 2 hours before it's due. This is supposed to depict high schoolers being young, flighty, and stupid, and how we grow to overcome these things. That's the whole point of Spidey and why he's so relatable.

Yeah this is something I saw someone taking issue with that I didn't get. Some nonsense that this movie makes a mockery of Endgame. The ITV "tribute" to the fallen heroes with the Getty image was exactly the type of **** that a high schooler would put together 2 hours before it's due. This is supposed to depict high schoolers being young, flighty, and stupid, and how we grow to overcome these things. That's the whole point of Spidey and why he's so relatable.

Exactly. Plus, to most of those kids, they probably couldn’t care less that Iron Man and Black Widow died :lol

I wish they would just drop this idea that they have to reboot the entire character , because a movie did not perform as expected its getting ridiculous. Writing a better story is what will help the movie unless the movie was absolutely hated then yes I understand a reboot.

I mean it's a business too Sony wanted to tap in to avengers marvel money so they struck a deal , but I dont find any of the new spiderman movies all that better then the previous versions, maybe its because it reminds me of that horrible Ultimate spiderman cartoon which was a terrible substitute for the previous spectacular spiderman cartoon.

This movie is very forgettable for me no emotion which makes sense since they are not referring spiderman canon so instead of his uncle being the reason for his motivation it's now I want to live up to Iron Man , it's not the tragedy of gwen stacy no we cant have that ina marvel movie and actuall death that means something and serves the story gives it emotional weight.

In retrospect if DC was going to turn their shared universe in to marvel I am glad it's not happening any more as I see that it makes the movie subservient to the larger plot.

I only wanted to see darkseid show up but if we get him in a new gods movie and that accomplishes the same thing then why not.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tobey might still happen, maybe they were testing the waters with you know who but AG hell no you got a better chance of getting hit by lightning while being bit by a shark just after winning lotto the same day before you see him in a Spiderman costume ever again lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake's reaction to Tom's earnest statement (on the Graham Norton show) that they became close friends "both on and off screen" was one of the funnier moments in talk show history.

So nobody was bothered by the fact that Tony Stark had a massive space station full of weapons of mass destruction that could track and kill anyone on the planet? You know, the kind of weapons Captain America fought to destroy in Winter Soldier.

I don't think Cap was against the existence of aerial vehicles of destruction (he was fine with Fury's helicarrier in AOU) but rather that one algorithm that would target and kill anyone who was deemed a threat to HYDRA. General Ross on the other hand would have **** a brick had he learned about the EDITH satellite though, that's for sure.

I was a little confused as to what Mysterio had control of prior to Peter giving him the glasses since they showed that they were already using similar drones to create the first batch of holograms.

I don’t know it seemed to me like it was exactly the same thing, just more advanced. I found it quite terrifying actually and also the breach of privacy that it allowed, all while at the same time people were singing praises to Stark. If this was a James Bond movie that would be the great weapon that the villain built.

Not only do those drones exist they’ve actually been surpassed in size depending on the mission requirements which decides the payload pod.

When did Tony make that stuff? And why didn’t he use it to help in the final battle against Thanos? That wasn’t really the best time to hold back.

Even if he made that satellite before Thanos those weapons would’ve been as effective as mosquitoes on Thanos lol

True, but I imagine it could have done some good against grunts like Outriders.

True but remember in EG Thanos and Outriders weren't even a reality until they jumped timelines. And the initial fight was just Cap, Tony, and Thor against Thanos himself which as jye pointed out would have been a situation where drones would be useless. And then once Thanos called his legions the heroes emerged from the portals soon after and everything really hit the fan so him not having the wherewithal to call a bunch of little drones in that moment is easy for me to accept.

True but remember in EG Thanos and Outriders weren't even a reality until they jumped timelines. And the initial fight was just Cap, Tony, and Thor against Thanos himself which as jye pointed out would have been a situation where drones would be useless. And then once Thanos called his legions the heroes emerged from the portals soon after and everything really hit the fan so him not having the wherewithal to call a bunch of little drones in that moment is easy for me to accept.

True enough, and realistically speaking the drones probably would have looked overpowered next to Hulk. :crying

Back