Spider-Man Far From Home (2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a seeming inconsistency I hadn't thought of until Chakor mentioned it. My love for Thor Ragnarok allows me to buy these explanations for how it might work.

35bzgj.jpg

The taser inconsistency is nothing compared to Hela leaving the Bifrost Sword unguarded for Heimdall to steal being the only reason Thor had a chance to save Asgard and the other realms during the final battle. :monkey3

Thinking back on SMFFH some other bits I really liked:

1. The entire cast, no complaints on any level
2. I thought they did a really good job of making me want his "plan" with MJ to work, to the point where I was probably even more invested in that than him fighting the elementals/you know who. I think teen romance/angst is a really core part of his character and they nailed it.
3. Their explanation for why his friends were constantly grouped together *and* always at the center of the action was pure genius. A very organic explanation for something that could have been eye-rollingly contrived.
4. I actually do really like this film as a genuine epilogue to EG. Cap got his passing of the torch moment with Falcon and now Tony got his with Peter. Very nice. Plus for people concerned that Steve left the world in shambles to be with Peggy this film canonically confirms that the powers that be have things pretty well under control. In fact the relatively low stakes nature of the conflict in this one drives the point home even further. It's funny because I really thought that an important aspect of honoring EG's finale was the assumption that Thanos' actions had thrown the universe into near permanent disarray but after one viewing of SMFFH I'm surprisingly okay with this approach as well.
5. I thought it was clever that shady characters would use the history making chaos of the snap/blip to con people into thinking that more mayhem was arriving as a residual result of that mess. I must say that the writing and plotting on this little low stakes wrap-up entry in the MCU was shockingly well developed.
6. I thought Happy's pitiful throw of the knight's buckler at the drone and then exclaiming "How does Cap DO that??" was hilarious, lol.
7. And yes the Spidey-swinging visuals raise the bar yet again. Some of the best moments in the entire MCU.

I'd be totally fine with Marvel including this film in their anticipated "Infinity Saga" box set should such a set ever be released.

Looking forward to the inevitable HT figures of

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Thinking back on SMFFH some other bits I really liked:

1. The entire cast, no complaints on any level
2. I thought they did a really good job of making me want his "plan" with MJ to work, to the point where I was probably even more invested in that than him fighting the elementals/you know who. I think teen romance/angst is a really core part of his character and they nailed it.
3. Their explanation for why his friends were constantly grouped together *and* always at the center of the action was pure genius. A very organic explanation for something that could have been eye-rollingly contrived.
4. I actually do really like this film as a genuine epilogue to EG. Cap got his passing of the torch moment with Falcon and now Tony got his with Peter. Very nice. Plus for people concerned that Steve left the world in shambles to be with Peggy this film canonically confirms that the powers that be have things pretty well under control. In fact the relatively low stakes nature of the conflict in this one drives the point home even further. It's funny because I really thought that an important aspect of honoring EG's finale was the assumption that Thanos' actions had thrown the universe into near permanent disarray but after one viewing of SMFFH I'm surprisingly okay with this approach as well.
5. I thought it was clever that shady characters would use the history making chaos of the snap/blip to con people into thinking that more mayhem was arriving as a residual result of that mess. I must say that the writing and plotting on this little low stakes wrap-up entry in the MCU was shockingly well developed.
6. I thought Happy's pitiful throw of the knight's buckler at the drone and then exclaiming "How does Cap DO that??" was hilarious, lol.
7. And yes the Spidey-swinging visuals raise the bar yet again. Some of the best moments in the entire MCU.

I'd be totally fine with Marvel including this film in their anticipated "Infinity Saga" box set should such a set ever be released.

Looking forward to the inevitable HT figures of

Spoiler Spoiler:

I absolutely loved how Parker got shafted in the plane ride over that was perfect classic comic book Parker torture 101 right there better than anything Raimi had happen to his Parker.

I love your #5 that is perfect.

Happy in this was at his best since IM1-2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely loved how Parker got shafted in the plane ride over that was perfect classic comic book Parker torture 101 right there better than anything Raimi had happen to his Parker.

I love your #5 that is perfect.

Mysterio was like that person who mailed the fake anthrax powder immediately after 9/11 which was a pretty brilliant angle to give his character IMO. This film felt like the final stage of healing from Thanos trauma. How does Marvel continue to be pitch perfect in what tone to strike with each new entry. Just how, lol.

Happy in this was at his best since IM1-2.

You know I actually enjoyed Favreau more in IM3 than IM2. The whole overbearing head of security/not knowing how to Skype call gag cracks me up every time, lol. But yes he absolutely rocked in SMFFM.

I liked the new Flash in this one more too. "The monster is filled with drones!" lol

As epic as that mid-credits scene was the way it played out seemingly prevents Peter from ever working at the Daily Bugle now which is a bit of a bummer. Maybe Feige felt we got enough of that from Raimi.

Last edited:
Mysterio was like that person who mailed the fake anthrax powder immediately after 9/11. Freaking brilliant. This film felt like the final stage of healing from Thanos trauma. How does Marvel continue to be pitch perfect in what tone to strike with each new entry. Just how, lol.

You know I actually enjoyed Favreau more in IM3 than IM2. The whole overbearing head of security/not knowing how to Skype call gag cracks me up every time, lol. But yes he absolutely rocked in SMFFM.

I liked the new Flash in this one more too. "The monster is filled with drones!" lol

As epic as that mid-credits scene was the way it played out seemingly prevents Peter from ever working at the Daily Bugle now which is a bit of a bummer. Maybe Feige felt we got enough of that from Raimi.

Well it has alot to do with freaking Sony and there strict laws. That’s why mj isn’t the real Mary Jane

It’s freaking hilarious that Sony put it in the contract that this movie better make 1 billion or else they threatened to take Spiderman back!

Sony making threats at a $23 billion 11 year consecutive year franchise lol

Mysterio was like that person who mailed the fake anthrax powder immediately after 9/11. Freaking brilliant. This film felt like the final stage of healing from Thanos trauma. How does Marvel continue to be pitch perfect in what tone to strike with each new entry. Just how, lol.

Umm... as a side note, some of us on here had the Brentwood sorting facility in Washington DC (NE) as our mail center in Sep 2001, so had our mail BAKED for at least a month (crumbly envelopes) and were majorly affected by that "freaking brilliant," but scary, incident. After... a front row seat to a portion of 9/11 no less.

Umm... as a side note, some of us on here had the Brentwood sorting facility in Washington DC (NE) as our mail center in Sep 2001, so had our mail BAKED for at least a month (crumbly envelopes) and were majorly affected by that "freaking brilliant," but scary, incident. After... a front row seat to a portion of 9/11 no less.

I don't want to speak for anyone else, but I thought he was referring to how Mysterio was written as freaking brilliant, not the anthrax powder guy.

Yes, exactly. :lol

And more specifically I was comparing Mysterio to the person who sent the *fake* powder, not the real stuff. SMFFH kind of showed us the MCU version of unsavory characters capitalizing on the hysteria of world shaking trauma. I guess Killian sort of played that card with fake Mandarin but SMFFH took it to a whole new level with all the super-tech/high fantasy elements.

Last edited:
And you're totally right about Parker's plane woes, jye. Freaking hilarious that neither Peter, Ned, or Brad were sitting by girls but due to Peter's "plan" both Ned and Brad get moved next to girls while he gets the teachers. :lol So freaking classic, lol.

Can I tell you that scene actually made me wince because I’ve been through a very similar experience on a very long flight overseas and it was brutal.

Didn’t involve wanting to sit next to girl it had to do with being moved next to cousins I didn’t like lol

Back