So who is going to buy the Theatrical Version of the Star Wars Trilogy tomorrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you be buying the Star Wars Trilogy

• Yes, will be pick them up

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • It depends on the price of them

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • No, I just cant justify buying another copy of the Trilogy

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • No, I like the special edition better anyway

Votes: 7 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Darth Loki said:
Easy pass for me. I can deal with the changes and skip that damn song or whatever the hell it is in ROTJ.

Pretty much. Hell, I like most of the changes except Greedo shooting first and that song and dance thing in Jabba's palace.

abstractharmony said:
I was strong enough not to buy ESB though (special edition is far superior)
Yes I much prefer the continuity challenged new windows on Cloud City, "Alert my Star Destroyer to zzzzzzzzz--what? Oh, uh, arrive or something," and the tension breaking edits of the new CG shuttle at the end.

I always remember watching ESB as a kid thinking, "This ending is so fantastically paced, but I just wish that could all grind to a halt so I can see just *how* Vader got to his Star Destroyer. I mean, he says 'Bring my shuttle' but is that *really* how he gets there?" :D ;)

The new dialog between the emporer and Vader, and Boba Fett's voice change ruin ESB for me.

Oh and a head's up to everyone planning on purchasing these; if you own a widescreen television and plan on zooming the picture so that the non-anamorphic picture actually fills the screen then the player-generated subtitles in ANH and ROTJ will reportedly be cropped out of their respective scenes.

Last edited:
Alice Adrenochrome said:
I bought all other versions so far, so, I might as well buy this version too. Although, I'm not really sure if it's worth it.

noooooo.jpg

You MUST not break down and give lucas blind money. he has taken too much of my money already. If you buy the movies now, in 2 months he'll announce a super duper platinum gold edition director's cut uncut version being released next year for more of your money.

congerking said:
noooooo.jpg

You MUST not break down and give lucas blind money. he has taken too much of my money already. If you buy the movies now, in 2 months he'll announce a super duper platinum gold edition director's cut uncut version being released next year for more of your money.

Yeah, and I'll buy those too.:rotfl

congerking said:
Its taken Lucas nine years to release the OOT on DVD. That isn't exactly cranking them out once a year. I'm just buying them now on the off chance they *aren't* released again for 5-10 years (or ever for that matter.)

Khev said:
Oh and a head's up to everyone planning on purchasing these; if you own a widescreen television and plan on zooming the picture so that the non-anamorphic picture actually fills the screen then the player-generated subtitles in ANH and ROTJ will reportedly be cropped out of their respective scenes.

So it's true...

They've thought of everything!!!

An easy pass for me. I have the originals on VHS still. Bought the SE movies on DVD when they came out and have only watched the Empire of dreams disc and Empire. Dont like Han shooting first, but other than that, most of the changes are ok by me.

In a couple more years when he releases them again, i might have a rethink. But only if he gets rid of those damn squares behind the TIE fighters.

Vaderx said:
In a couple more years when he releases them again, i might have a rethink. But only if he gets rid of those damn squares behind the TIE fighters.

When I was a kid, I thought those were shields/force fields.

tomandshell said:
So it's true...

They've thought of everything!!!
Not only that but apparently none of the discs will play unless you attach two accompanying clamps to your nipples and plug them into the wall. A special sensor monitors your mood and gives you electric shocks if you enjoy the movies too much. :emperor

even though i already have the crappy copies of the VHS tapes im gonna wait until a huge "saga" pack is announced that will have all the movies in it. or at least until its decided if its coming out in HD DVD or Blu Ray

Well I picked them up this morning, never any doubt really I'm a sucker for this stuff. Went with walmart and the graphic novels.

Ive just been out to the supermarket and they had them on the shelves there (seperate discs, no box sets). I didnt realise that , for the moment at least, They came with the SE version as well.
Guess that'd make it worth buying if you dont already own the SE's on DVD, But for me the main draw of the OT dvds was Empire of dreams.

Actually i was more excited to see Lego Star Wars:OT was out today, than the actual movies. :rotfl :rolleyes: :eek:

Magic Giraffe said:
I'm passing on them, I'm happy with the 2004 set and am waiting for the complete six movie set in 2007.

same here. ep1 will have a new cg yoda. who knows what else they'll change/add.

Just got back with the Wal Mart set... I've only put in ANH to check it out but it looks pretty good. I was worried that they would be total crap copies, but the O-OT's look very nice, good picture quality etc. The comic is a nice addition too, but I think $19.95 is a bit high per DVD, I was hoping for more like $17.

But happy to finally have a legit DVD copy that look better than the bootlegs I already owned :monkey3

Back