So who is going to buy the Theatrical Version of the Star Wars Trilogy tomorrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you be buying the Star Wars Trilogy

• Yes, will be pick them up

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • It depends on the price of them

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • No, I just cant justify buying another copy of the Trilogy

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • No, I like the special edition better anyway

Votes: 7 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm glad I was on the fence and didn't preorder these from Amazon, since it turns out that if you get them at Walmart each will include the original graphic novel/comic book adaptation. Those will be fun to look through. The Best Buy tin wouldn't match the prequel DVDs, and the Target exclusive production art mini-posters weren't much of a draw for me.

Darth Sheba said:
No. All I want is the O-OT properly restored, and that's not what's in this set. :(

Knowing Lucas, he probably will restore it later just so we can buy
it again later on.

Azrael23 said:
Knowing Lucas, he probably will restore it later just so we can buy
it again later on.
Thats not even a question. I mean you know another one is coming out next year, then on HD/Blu-Ray at least. I have every version so far so I kinda want it just for that reason.

Walmart usually has the cheapest out of the major retailers... although every so often Circuit city has an instore special on new releases. I'll be going the Wal Mart route since they're the closest option.

not me, saw them a hundred times when i was a kid.
i think a lot of the older ppl will remember why the changes have been made in the first place.( i welcomed the changes and always will)

of course for nostalgia reasons i can see why some people will get them.

I'm doing it, I can't wait. I didn't get the 1st SE set, but I'll get this. It's more of a "best I can do" purchase andIlike Best Buys Tin exclusive.

I'm holding off on this release - for now. The SE already left a bad impression and ruined what hopes I had for future editions.

spider1135 said:
it only 20 copies per best buy store, it will be very rare for the tin can edition.:monkey5
Correction: In my Best Buy ad, it read that there would be a minimum of 20 per store. I'm still trying to decide bwtween the Wal-mart graphics novles or the Best Buy tin. Decisions, decisions...

spider1135 said:
it only 20 copies per best buy store, it will be very rare for the tin can edition.:monkey5
Well Im just hoping that I can get to a Best Buy before they sell out and yeah its a minimum of 20 so that could have 50 or even a 100. I will probably get there sometime after lunch because I have a computer project to finish.

If I do buy them they will be from the guy at the flea market. He sells 8 movies for $20. Great quality burned DVD's:p......

:moon :moon :moon :moon :moon to you GL....

spider1135 said:

But you can totally get them from Bestbuy.com too that's what I did to save the trouble, I'll have mine today or tomorrow. The last copy of the OT I bought was in like 97 or 98 when that special editon came out, so it's about time I updated and got a new set, even if it is just Laserdisc transfers. I'm just glad to see the Death Star blow up like a bunch of cheap fireworks, Han shoot first, and Sny Snoodles be a muppett!

Well, I said I wouldn't but I'm weak, I'm a child of the 70's it's not my fault, it's genetic.

I was strong enough not to buy ESB though (special edition is far superior) but at last I can watch ROTJ without that ****e song and Greedo doesn't get a shot off in ANH.

Funny story - I was talking to a girlfriend of mine who is in her 20's and she told me at the weekend that she's never seen the OT!!!!!!!!!

Shameful!

Back