Media SILENT HILLS by Hideo Kojima & Guilleromo Del Toro - Starring Norman Reedus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks, I'm glad Kojima didn't let them use the Fox-engine, that should screw those dbags real nice, I can't imagine how many of their projects were using it :lol for starters the whole production on PES2016 being scratched.

I hope Kojima retakes the Silent Hills project under a different original franchise and he still brings Del Toro on board, **** Konami.

I've resigned myself to the fact that SH3 was the last truly good Silent Hill game the world will ever see.

Sigh.

Shattered memories is in fact way more enjoyable, repayable and has better voice acting for me than SH1 by far.

I simply can't replay SH1 anymore, too clunky, too ugly looking, super awkward dialog, it aged terribly compared to MGS1 which is still immaculate and the superior game in the series.

Talk about tragic, this game would have been so good. I'm at least happy that Kojima is standing firm against Konami. Hopefully, we'll see some IPs from him later on.

Shattered memories is in fact way more enjoyable, repayable and has better voice acting for me than SH1 by far.

I simply can't replay SH1 anymore, too clunky, too ugly looking, super awkward dialog, it aged terribly compared to MGS1 which is still immaculate and the superior game in the series.

Well sure, the graphics are hideous NOW. I wouldn't replay it myself - it'd ruin the memories. But it was by far my favorite SH game, story-wise. I just love Alessa. And I remember the gameplay being fine when I played it a bajillion years ago. But I was pretty young...

Well sure, the graphics are hideous NOW. I wouldn't replay it myself - it'd ruin the memories. But it was by far my favorite SH game, story-wise. I just love Alessa. And I remember the gameplay being fine when I played it a bajillion years ago. But I was pretty young...
But regardless of the age we live in, there are many PS1 games that look great today, not in terms of tech or current standards of course, but in terms of personality and "retro charm", like the resident evil games, Dino Crisis, MGS1 still looks, sounds and feels amazing, and plays the same too, hell, even Alien Resurrection still looks pretty good.

But Silent Hill 1? It doesn't look that bad, but traveling is unbearable, and so is pretty much everything else, atmosphere is still pretty haunting but everything else is just so damn annoying to me, it's just not worth the replay, and I tried, like 3 times in the last year. :lol

That's a good point. I remember when I was in engineering lab at my University, anything that you can technically invent there, became property of University :lol. Especially if you made use of their facilities and finance to do it. I'm sure the same practice applies to big companies, too. And I doubt that KojiPro was privately funded in any way.

On an interesting note, I remember reading several years ago, that Patrice Desilets (the creator of Assassin's Creed) was fired and immediately kicked out of Ubisoft's headquarter building without any explanation or apology. Brotherhood was his last game, but the series has continued since without him. Ubi even used the same game engine in Brotherhood for Revelations and AC III - so it implies that they definitely did have ownership of the game engine.

Yeah I definitely don't see Konami just flushing this project, since they've invested probably a great deal of money into it and will continue without Koji. Hopefully, TPP truly is the last link in MGS and the rest can just be non-canon or disregarded without Kojima.

But, it's really going to suck for him, if his one IP in decades gets taken away from him :lol. That'll like putting salt into an open wound...

I honestly would be really surprised he would develop anything that would even come close to the fan base that MGS has. Especially considering, he's in this weird phase.

I honestly would be really surprised he would develop anything that would even come close to the fan base that MGS has. Especially considering, he's in this weird phase.

Kojima's the Michael Jackson of videogames, let's just hope he doesn't end up the same way.

Kojima's the Michael Jackson of videogames, let's just hope he doesn't end up the same way.

That's a great comparison. He had his weirdness when he was young, but became a full blown weirdo/kid toucher when he got older. I'm not saying Kojima is the same :lol but it's the same evolution line.

Back