Media SILENT HILLS by Hideo Kojima & Guilleromo Del Toro - Starring Norman Reedus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about Norman Reedus???
147jav.gif

I was actually looking forward to this game...:(

Not a fan of Reedus, and I don't think if he's not with the project anymore would really effect anything honestly.

But it wasn't Konami's assets to my knowledge, it was Kojima Productions, Kojima has his own artists and programmers, Konami are the only publishers when it comes to Kojima stuff, I could be wrong though.

After all, Kojipro also suffered from the so called rebranding.

Kojima Productions was (to my knowledge) just a branding thing. For all intents and purposes it was and still is Konami. Konami paid for it, paid the salaries of the employees and all of the overhead that comes with running a very expensive studio.

Kojima was just a name attached for marketing purposes. It gets more press if it says Kojima Productions, and now this is purely conjecture on my part. But I can imagine the execs at Konami getting pretty upset that Kojima was a more important name to gamers than Konami. After all in the past few years he Produced Castlevania, all of the MGS games (obviously) and now Silent Hill. Konami was almost an afterthought to Kojima Productions and having Kojima Productions at the forefront dilutes the Konami brand.

Well they diluted themselves. They haven't been able to get a game off the ground without Kojimas name on it for years and it's not like they haven't had plenty of opportunities, especially with Silent Hill. Don't even get me started on 6 Days in Fallujah.

Konami screwed themselves. By outcasting Kojima they will lose the core of the Kojima team. These guys made Konami the majority of their profits. They can make mgs without Kojima but it will be rushed and will suck. That will pretty much kill their highest grossing franchise ever. Good luck Konami. You just signed your own death warrant. It's all downhill from here. Kojima may not make any new mgs games but his legacy is solid. Konami will now be known as the company that fired Kojima and then promptly went under.

Konami screwed themselves. By outcasting Kojima they will lose the core of the Kojima team. These guys made Konami the majority of their profits. They can make mgs without Kojima but it will be rushed and will suck. That will pretty much kill their highest grossing franchise ever. Good luck Konami. You just signed your own death warrant. It's all downhill from here. Kojima may not make any new mgs games but his legacy is solid. Konami will now be known as the company that fired Kojima and then promptly went under.

I sure hope so.

They could have given Kojima freedom to do more games and intellectual properties under the Konami brand, Konami would've still won, but nope.

I'm no interested in anything produced by them after MGSV.

I kinda wanted Kojima out of MGS, since I personally feel he's moved on from the series, even though he was still directing them. But this... I think this was to be an excellent experience for him, and the gateway to new IPs or ZOE3. I honestly don't see his future too bright. I know most people will doubt that, but c'mon I don't see him doing anything even close to MGS again, since he's not the same guy anymore. Granted, he can deliver a quality game, but I think the compelling part of creation is gone from him. At least in the MGS area.

I'm not bashing the guy, I want to be proven wrong honestly. Konami really pulled a weird move.

It's true he probably won't make anything like MGS anymore, but that doesn't mean he won't make anything of the same quality.

About his future, hell, any company would kill to have Kojima in their rows, I hope he goes independent though, at least for a while, see what he can do with less resources and full creative freedom, I'm excited about that.

People need to stop blaming Konami it could have been Kojima fault we don't know .

SILENT HILLS by Hideo Kojima & Guilleromo Del Toro - Starring Norman Reedus

This is so sad I could cry. My first time being sad a game was cancelled and its with awhile tragic story.

This is like when apple fired Steve Jobs

Re: SILENT HILLS by Hideo Kojima & Guilleromo Del Toro - Starring Norman Reedus

It's true he probably won't make anything like MGS anymore, but that doesn't mean he won't make anything of the same quality.

About his future, hell, any company would kill to have Kojima in their rows, I hope he goes independent though, at least for a while, see what he can do with less resources and full creative freedom, I'm excited about that.

I wasn't doubting his ability to make a "quality" game, but his direction and quirkiness got too flamboyant and downright weird for me in Metal Gear. Sessler was the only one to really make mention of it in the industry.

But when it came to this game, I don't think he would of had any room for that. It was to be a very high profile game, so I would guess he would be all business.

People need to stop blaming Konami it could have been Kojima fault we don't know .

We'll never get the story on what happened. I honestly can't see Konami being THIS dumb to fire their only money maker. It probably went both ways on this one.

This is so sad I could cry. My first time being sad a game was cancelled and its with awhile tragic story.

This is like when apple fired Steve Jobs

I'm pretty bummed about it too. It was definitely going to reinvigorate the horror genre, and change it forever.

Sorry to be completely off topic, but what is that anime-skeleton looking dude gif you got on your sig? Looks awesome.

Back