Media SILENT HILLS by Hideo Kojima & Guilleromo Del Toro - Starring Norman Reedus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuuuuuuuu. Damn, this sucks. Was looking forward to this game. Ah well, I'm sure we'll get another Silent Hill, it just won't be this one.

My girl decided to play this yesterday, and I don't know what she did but she got Lisa to appear in the window. Never saw it before, only pics.

So, the only thing that will ever come from Silent Hills is this awesome, free demo?

Yeah I honestly wouldn't worry about it until we get some sort of confirmation on Konami's part...

I'm wondering if they're just going to build it on a separate engine, but I'm doubtful if it can look so photo-realistic.

Yep, sadly. I still don't understand how Konami doesn't fully own the FOX engine.

Konami absolutely do. They paid for it. You could argue the people that know how to utilise it best are KojiPro. Who know who'll leave with Kojima.

Also I really don't see how that rumour is forea...l at all. Full production hasn't started on it yet

If the engine is under control of Konami, then that leaves Kojima up the creek without a paddle. He might have to abandon Koji pro and go work for a new dev entirely.

Even if he has to Kojima isn't going to have any problems finding employment. I am honestly hoping Sony scoops him up and gives him his own studio even if they have to rebrand it.

If the engine is under control of Konami, then that leaves Kojima up the creek without a paddle. He might have to abandon Koji pro and go work for a new dev entirely.

Not interested in the slighted unless it includes Kojima.

Hell, even if they had the FE(Which I'm glad they don't have it), it will simply not be as good as it should be if PT is any indication, because the reason PT is that good, it's because of Kojima.

I wasn't excited so much for the title, but for the concept and execution, doubt they can fulfill the potential set by PT without the talent.

I'm a game developer and I can safely say, that unless you have it in writing stating otherwise. EVERYTHING you develop at work is the property of the company. They're paying your salary? They own the output. Kojima didn't code the Fox Engine by himself and he certainly didn't pay out of pocket on ANY development costs. It would be UNHEARD of if Kojima left Konami with company assets (engine, code, etc.). If Kojima does leave and gets to retain a portion of Kojima Productions. I could imagine either he will have to pay a licensing fee to use the Fox Engine, or just go with another 3rd party option like Unreal.

But it wasn't Konami's assets to my knowledge, it was Kojima Productions, Kojima has his own artists and programmers, Konami are the only publishers when it comes to Kojima stuff, I could be wrong though.

After all, Kojipro also suffered from the so called rebranding.

Without Kojima it will just sucks, PT already prove everything. Its only short demo but show so many potential and kojima direction

But it wasn't Konami's assets to my knowledge, it was Kojima Productions, Kojima has his own artists and programmers, Konami are the only publishers when it comes to Kojima stuff, I could be wrong though.

After all, Kojipro also suffered from the so called rebranding.

Kojima was Vice Prez of Konami. KojiPro was a subsidiary of Konami. Konami owns everything 100%

Not interested in the slighted unless it includes Kojima.

Hell, even if they had the FE(Which I'm glad they don't have it), it will simply not be as good as it should be if PT is any indication, because the reason PT is that good, it's because of Kojima.

I don't care for the man's writing anymore, but I have no delusions about his innovative talent when it comes to developing. The evolution of the MGS series in terms of graphical quality, frame rate and motion capture speak for themselves.

Back