Media Death Stranding: a Kojima Productions game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/6 custom made by ‎Sebastien Bontemps

74627111_567533174063472_467395873207222272_n.jpg

74469739_567533254063464_67685622273277952_n.jpg

I just finished it today. I absolutely loved it. I am desperately hoping for a 1/6 Sam. Is LimToys listening? :lol

The above customs look awesome!

I am still only 5 or 6 hours in, did a call out and got a response that what was Sam, himself!

Is that supposed to mean anything in particular? I was a tad caught off guard by it. Thanks

I am still only 5 or 6 hours in, did a call out and got a response that what was Sam, himself!

Is that supposed to mean anything in particular? I was a tad caught off guard by it. Thanks

I think it just means that there is another player in your vicinity.

This game is something else. I never thought I’d find delivering packages so addicting.

I'd buy a Unger. Honestly Sam was pretty boring character. Mads stole the show.

And god, the names were so cringe. Kojima knows nothing about subtlety. Storytelling is... very messy.

The character models and visuals are insane. The most photorealistic game made to date.

Last edited:
Personally I loved the game and found the story surprisingly easy to follow, the sense of community and bond between other players while not even actually interacting with them was the highlight for me, helping rebuild roads, making a delivery for someone, just the whole idea of connecting and bringing people together trough gameplay I thought was well executed.
I also didn't mind the slog of walking as some would say, probably because I always liked a good puzzle and trying to find the best routes around the natural elements and BTs was always interesting, the chalenge of trying to battle against the natural and unatural had me hooked the entire journey.
As far as other things, I feel like the bosses were way too easy, it would've been nice if they were harder to beat, especially the last one which I beat by jumping from buiding to building and blasting it with a rocket, the characters altough interesting felt a bit wooden at timesk don't know if it was intentional or not, Mads Mikkelsen as Clifford and Tommi Earl Jenkins as Diehardman really stole the show for me compared to everyone else, but I still liked Norman as Sam even if it was hard to believe this is someone who doesn't like to get touched since he's played by a guy who constantly kisses and licks his friends lol.

I just finished and can't share the love. Would be a 5/10 for me.

Too bloated and repetitive, and the ending... my lord, I've never seen anything go on and on like this thing does; treading the same ground over and over again. And, they telegraphed everything so overtly, that nothing was a surprise. Most of the characters were as one dimensional as they come, and the writing was average at best.

Saying that, there were some great gameplay elements to it - hence my 50/50 stance. But it definitely feels like a over-hyped, blind reverence without justification, scenario like Red Dead 2.

God of War... now that's a modern masterpiece.

Has anybody seen this new Dam Toys CAG operator? Would be great base for a Cliff custom.
I love the fact they did the shhh pose!
2cea5a28ee44edab95797ef6864bd467.jpg
0d5a2e41910370d34bd4437e78c547a9.jpg
359670108edfe4fd14d3d7a1e9db7dda.jpg

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Is anyone here still playing Death Stranding? I picked it up on a Steam sale last week, and I'm honestly pleasantly surprised by it. In terms of story, Kojima has definitely taken some cues from Netflix's "The Rain" (which I'd highly recommend watching). In fact, the atmosphere of the entire game feels more like a Western European series, rather than something that takes place in the United States. The gameplay is slow, and repetitive, but I guess that's the style that Kojima is going for these days. I still have a lot to play through, but the delivery quests are actually pretty fun!

Is anyone here still playing Death Stranding? I picked it up on a Steam sale last week, and I'm honestly pleasantly surprised by it. In terms of story, Kojima has definitely taken some cues from Netflix's "The Rain" (which I'd highly recommend watching). In fact, the atmosphere of the entire game feels more like a Western European series, rather than something that takes place in the United States. The gameplay is slow, and repetitive, but I guess that's the style that Kojima is going for these days. I still have a lot to play through, but the delivery quests are actually pretty fun!

I still play it from time to time, it's a beautiful game and I love the enviroment, really enjoyed the story but wish boss fights were harder, the game gets a lot of crap from people who were expecting another Metal Gear game but it's pretty unique, can't say there's many, if any games like it out there.

Never bothered with it unless I find it dirt cheap. Good to know you're back on Steam, will catch you there!

Finally the reveal!

The face paint doesn?t look the best... I was hoping for a hair down sculpt or baseball cap/glasses look myself.

Otherwise it?s well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems figma have trouble getting the face spot on a few of their figs. My MGS Solid Snake always looks a bit derpy. Nevertheless, picked this one up as the rest of it looks great.

Yoji Shinkawa is hosting a community-based photo event for this game. I don't think there are any prizes involved, but it'll be cool to see the photo submissions. PC only :lol.

STEAM PHOTO MODE COMMUNITY EVENT: FEATURING YOJI SHINKAWA

Ever since we launched DEATH STRANDING on PC, we've been incredibly impressed with our Porter's creativity here on Steam. Your photo mode shots have continued to brighten up our community hub and we now feel like it's time to step it up a level!

Today, we're excited to announce another photo mode showcase, but with a difference! Art Director, Yoji Shinkawa will be selecting his 10 favourite captures from you, our community! With each photo Yoji Shinkawa selects, he will also give a short explanation as to why it made his Top 10!

The Top 10 photo mode shots will be announced here on Steam on February 26th. And what's more, we're taking submissions the moment this post goes live.

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE
Jump into DEATH STRANDING, explore your surroundings and start snapping with the in-game photo mode tools!
Upload your best photo mode captures here on Steam.
Link us up to your photo mode captures in response to this news announcement before February 22nd (23:59 UTC)
Yoji Shinkawa will take a look at your submissions and pick out his Top 10, which will be unveiled here on Steam, over on our DEATH STRANDING website and across our social channels (505 Games and KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS) on February 26th, 2021.

IMPORTANT STUFF
You're welcome to submit as many screenshots as you like!
Photos must be uploaded to Steam and linked in response to this announcement.
Think outside the box! We want to see our community put the photo mode tools to the test.

NEW TO PHOTO MODE?
Don't worry! There's a lot of information out there to help you get started, including this handy community blog and the below video from award-winning landscape photographer, Pete Rowbottom.

I took this photo a while back, I think it was first boss battle. The game has some really nice filters, but I found that Photoshop was a lot more effective with highlighting weather effects.

50958203868_1fbdceb5ca_b.jpg

Back