Sideshow Newsletter access?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya!

I've passed along the description of your issue to one of our webmasters to look into for you. Hopefully this issue can be resolved very soon. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM here.

Sorry to hear about this ongoing issue you've had.

-SideshowAlex

I am wondering why Sideshow changed the product previews on Wednesday instead of Tuesday for the next week upcoming products? :dance

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=37251&ref=home_upcoming

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=35979

I am wondering why Sideshow changed the product previews on Wednesday instead of Tuesday for the next week upcoming products? :dance

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=37251&ref=home_upcoming

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=35979

Due to some server upgrades happening next Tuesday, next week's previews had to be moved to Wednesday. This change should only be happening with the reveals next week. We'll be back to normal Tuesday reveals the first week of March.

FYI

-SideshowAlex

Alex, please convey that Mesa thinks the SS newsletter changes were for the worse.

I used to look forward to Thursday nights, waiting for the newsletter to go live. Now, not so much. I don't even know if and when it goes live anymore.

Is there even a newsletter now? It's almost like SS is trying to cater to individual likes and personalize the newsletter to each customer... lame. I want to see EVERYTHING, regardless if I like it or not. Now, it seems like I mostly get errors when trying to view it, once I can actually find the link to click on to view it.

I don't even know where to find the newsletter anymore.

I know SS is trying to stay modern and compete in this crappy economy, but there is such a thing as over-complicating things, which is what I think happened here.

Due to some server upgrades happening next Tuesday, next week's previews had to be moved to Wednesday. This change should only be happening with the reveals next week. We'll be back to normal Tuesday reveals the first week of March.

FYI

-SideshowAlex

Thanks Alexandra :1-1:

Alex, please convey that Mesa thinks the SS newsletter changes were for the worse.

I used to look forward to Thursday nights, waiting for the newsletter to go live. Now, not so much. I don't even know if and when it goes live anymore.

Is there even a newsletter now? It's almost like SS is trying to cater to individual likes and personalize the newsletter to each customer... lame. I want to see EVERYTHING, regardless if I like it or not. Now, it seems like I mostly get errors when trying to view it, once I can actually find the link to click on to view it.

I don't even know where to find the newsletter anymore.

I know SS is trying to stay modern and compete in this crappy economy, but there is such a thing as over-complicating things, which is what I think happened here.

The newsletter is still published around the same time as it always has been for over a year now (2PM - 3PM pacific time). There have been two time periods in which the newsletter was not showing in people's accounts but it has been successfully posting into accounts for a few weeks now. The newsletter is (and only is) accessible through your Sideshow Collectibles online account. It's found on the right hand side of your account screen in the section titled 'Your Newsletter Account'. After you've signed into your account, click on the little arrow icon and the most recent 5 to 6 emails (this would include the newsletter as well) sent to you by Sideshow will display there.

Note: It does take about 20 to 30 seconds for those online emails to show up. That's is something that will hopefully be fixed in the near future (we know that such a wait time for things to display can be frustrating).

If you find that emails are not displaying in your online account at all (or are getting errors) please feel free to PM your email address and I will forward that along (with the description of the issues you are having) to have your account looked into and fixed.

And yes, of course, I will pass along your concerns and frustrations. :)

-SideshowAlex

Alright, I'm officially done trying to see a newsletter at all. Sideshow has completely lost my business. I've been shut out for the past, what, four months? Open in my account a day later and just sits at analyzing forever and ever. Haven't received an email with the newsletter in just as long. I know I'm supposed to PM my information to Alex, but to be honest, I did once and nothing changed. Why should I continually have to search for information for the right to buy from a company I have supported for the past five years. Bad move in my opinion to make these impossible changes and just make it so much harder for a regular customer to even access information.

Oh well. Even though there hasn't been a new order in my account since October 28th... Well, come to think of it, maybe that is because I don't get newsletters. Hmmm, maybe.

Oh well. No more frustration for me.

Alright, I'm officially done trying to see a newsletter at all. Sideshow has completely lost my business. I've been shut out for the past, what, four months? Open in my account a day later and just sits at analyzing forever and ever. Haven't received an email with the newsletter in just as long. I know I'm supposed to PM my information to Alex, but to be honest, I did once and nothing changed. Why should I continually have to search for information for the right to buy from a company I have supported for the past five years. Bad move in my opinion to make these impossible changes and just make it so much harder for a regular customer to even access information.

Oh well. Even though there hasn't been a new order in my account since October 28th... Well, come to think of it, maybe that is because I don't get newsletters. Hmmm, maybe.

Oh well. No more frustration for me.

Sorry for your frustrations, Fury. I would still love to work with you to get your account issues resolved if you wanted to send me a PM with your email address (I know you state you did once before but you must have sent it prior to 12/02/2011 and unfortunately that's as far as my PM box goes at the moment).

Again, many apologies for your frustration.

-SideshowAlex

Well, I got my newsletter for the first time yesterday, after not having received it in my inbox for a long while now, so SOMETHING got fixed.

:wink1:

How many different numbers are there on the back packs for the 1:6 scale battle droids? So far, I have identified 9. 3 in the exclusive sets and 6 in the regular sets.

no more 2nd chace offers?? i m waiting prize for conan the prize diorama

Last edited:
Shoot flosi! Was CA hobbit already helping you with this? Do you have an alternative email address we can register for you in the meantime? PM me your address and info and I will check up on your newsletter!

No, I've never really tried to get it fixed. Pm sent! Thank you. :hi5:

Mine has been getting worked on for a while and is still not right. I still can not access the newsleter directly from Sideshow's website. I can get it through the emails, now, (Thanks Alex!), but the emails don't get to me for hours after the newsletter posts. So anyone who would post a link to the newsletter when it comes out, it would be appreciated.

Back