Sideshow Making 20"+ Movie Optimus Prime Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a slight modification to my Optimus Maquette. Hope you guys like it.

Optimus Prime as he looks right out of the box:
49847ac14d3b4d595a8fe682b3340b26.jpg

Optimus with slight modification:
f2f6cdbee9b26c1966441bbb255b01b4.jpg

I like it even more now!!!! I always felt the left arm position was a little awkward looking.

Last edited:
I made a slight modification to my Optimus Maquette. Hope you guys like it.

Optimus Prime as he looks right out of the box:
49847ac14d3b4d595a8fe682b3340b26.jpg

Optimus with slight modification:
f2f6cdbee9b26c1966441bbb255b01b4.jpg

I like it even more now!!!! I always felt the left arm position was a little awkward looking.

I have always posed him like you did. Will post pics later on. I agree there's something seemed off with the original pose of left hand. :)

Is SS still making more tf statues? It sold well so where's megaton? So many others missing waiting to be made. What happen to the tf line?

Great pics and statue. What happened to his head though as it looks like the paint is damaged on his left front side, mine doesn't look like that and any battle damage is painted on.

Great pics and statue. What happened to his head though as it looks like the paint is damaged on his left front side, mine doesn't look like that and any battle damage is painted on.

Most probably is a small chip that's been covered up, it does look a bit different compared to the other battle damage marks. Looking at the statue itself, it's barely noticeable.

Anyone think $2500 for Optimus regular with slightly broken gun is good deal? But also considering I live in Australia and this dude is like an hour drive away...

Anyone think $2500 for Optimus regular with slightly broken gun is good deal? But also considering I live in Australia and this dude is like an hour drive away...

In the US, that would not be a good deal. In Australia, your options are more limited and shipping/customs can quickly add to the cost. I would try to negotiate down to $1800-2000 and see how they respond. Just depends on how patient you want to be, how much that is going to bother you, and what you think the number of accessible pieces (in Australia/NZ or reasonable shipping) will look like over the next 6 months. Personally, I have the Exclusive and display him with a sword and a fist for space reasons (don't want a front overhang beyond the base where I have him displayed), so you can always display one fist and the good gun. Your call, best of luck!

So what did you have to do to get the left arm to hang down?

I wish you could get rid of the silver paint that is meant to be battle damage without harming the red and blue paint. It's not very good battle damage and lets it down imo.

So what did you have to do to get the left arm to hang down?

I wish you could get rid of the silver paint that is meant to be battle damage without harming the red and blue paint. It's not very good battle damage and lets it down imo.

You have to file down one or two sides of the left arm peg. I used sandpaper so I wouldn't cause any damage. It took a while, but I wanted t be careful. It looks so much better that way.

Back