Sideshow Making 20"+ Movie Optimus Prime Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
apehe8yd.jpg

So bad ass but damn the base is big

I'll contribute a pic as well. This piece has been getting dogged lately, but I like it. :)
I know the pic is a little dark, but I like the angle of the shot.

288b098b50d163d7d35caa34b731f89c.jpg

I really hope Sideshow makes a statue of Optimus riding Grimlock (similar to the Amazon DVD Statue), but of course with much more detail

Prime1 will probably get to that first. Specializes in Transformers

Is it worth getting the maquette price-wise? Or get the Prime One version stead?

Did the price go down when Prime One came out?

Prime 1 version is in another league, but then you gotta weigh it up against the price diff.

Is it worth getting the maquette price-wise? Or get the Prime One version stead?

Did the price go down when Prime One came out?

I really like the sideshow version, it is one of my favorite statues. everyone is going after the prime 1 I just don't see the point, it has light up and a shield but nowhere close to $1000 extra nicer. I actually like the SS pose more. You can get the SS version almost close to retail now due to the ones who got the prime 1 selling SS version, but the price won't last and will creep back up.

I really like the sideshow version, it is one of my favorite statues. everyone is going after the prime 1 I just don't see the point, it has light up and a shield but nowhere close to $1000 extra nicer. I actually like the SS pose more. You can get the SS version almost close to retail now due to the ones who got the prime 1 selling SS version, but the price won't last and will creep back up.

Have you seen Megatron. Prime1? It kinda demolish SS. Prime if you display him next to him. I own both :)

Have you seen Megatron. Prime1? It kinda demolish SS. Prime if you display him next to him. I own both :)

:exactly: I haven't got my Megatron yet but from the pics and videos i've seen, he does indeed kill the SS Prime. I love my SS Prime and will be keeping him, but Prime 1 have taken these statues to the next level.

:exactly: I haven't got my Megatron yet but from the pics and videos i've seen, he does indeed kill the SS Prime. I love my SS Prime and will be keeping him, but Prime 1 have taken these statues to the next level.

You will be amazed when see him. :). Be sure you warm up your arms before inbox ing him hehe, heavy fella

I just want to ask, is the sideshow collectables optimus prime 24 inches tall by himself, or is he 24 inches including the base?

I don't really think it's worth even that tbh, the Prime1 release almost makes it worthless IMO, it just looks like a toy stuck on an oversized base now.

I don't really think it's worth even that tbh, the Prime1 release almost makes it worthless IMO, it just looks like a toy stuck on an oversized base now.

:lol

The Prime 1 is far better but this is still a nice looking statue to own. I'm keeping my EX. Nice to own both and it's from a different film.

Back