Sideshow Making 20"+ Movie Optimus Prime Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to file down one or two sides of the left arm peg. I used sandpaper so I wouldn't cause any damage. It took a while, but I wanted t be careful. It looks so much better that way.

Thanks! Does it still sit the proper way if you wanted?

I had my EX up for sale but i've ended the listing. He's just too darn cool :lol

I can't do it, if the ss Prime pays for 3/4 of both Megatron and Prime from prime studios it's a done deal. Sideshow should never have abandoned the line, but there are Baby Dolls and Slatterns that need making eh?

I can't do it, if the ss Prime pays for 3/4 of both Megatron and Prime from prime studios it's a done deal. Sideshow should never have abandoned the line, but there are Baby Dolls and Slatterns that need making eh?

Well Megatron is $2000 so EX Prime might just about cover him. Their Prime will be $2000+ :(

Ex prime is pushing 3k still? I haven't been looking... but I can get this for about 2k shipped here in Australia even despite our currend $ woes. You gonna get this jay?

Ex prime is pushing 3k still? I haven't been looking... but I can get this for about 2k shipped here in Australia even despite our currend $ woes. You gonna get this jay?

Nah not selling for that much anymore. Am i getting what? I own the EX Sideshow Prime and i'm ordering the Megatron and new Prime if it looks good. :)

I meant the Megatron, I will prob order it. But may wait for xmas sales for a bigger discount and in hand pics.

Thanks! Does it still sit the proper way if you wanted?

I had my EX up for sale but i've ended the listing. He's just too darn cool :lol

The way I did it, I can still put the arm the original way (even though the arm was aimed down in the prototype, so that would "technically" be the original way) so he can hold two guns. I don't like two gun pose because it makes his proportions look even skinnier. No gun in the left hand works best for me.

Guys, I wouldn't sell your SS EX. It's the first Prime statue to be released and I would keep it and get the Prime1 version as well. Limited to 150 worldwide and to me it is special.

It's going to be ages for Prime1 Prime to be released so plenty of time to sort your finances out.

This is an awesome statue and it is probably my most precious collectible to own, regardless when Prime1 release their versions.

You will regret it when you sell it!

Last edited:
Hello,

Newbie here! There are so many pages in this thread so I may ask something already discussed.

I am on the edge to complete a deal for this statue, but I am like 70% yes and rest no.

Some reviews say that the level of details are amazing, other say good level of details, but far from stunning or amazing having the price tag in mind.

The ones of you who own this staue, what do you think of the details and paint job? Also, a statue almost 20" tall and only 3.6 kg ... the statue is most probably hollow (just as the base) or?

I am also worrying if the parts will survive in the shipping process. Are the sideshow box strong enough? I have been collecting IM Hot Toys so very, very little experience of Sideshow statues.

Thank in advance for any inputs and comments! Thanks!

Guys, I wouldn't sell your SS EX. It's the first Prime statue to be released and I would keep it and get the Prime1 version as well. Limited to 150 worldwide and to me it is special.

It's going to be ages for Prime1 Prime to be released so plenty of time to sort your finances out.

This is an awesome statue and it is probably my most precious collectible to own, regardless when Prime1 release their versions.

You will regret it when you sell it!

True:exactly:

Mine is still cooped-up in its box mint. Still waiting to get the custom display cabinet done at home. As for selling it, certainly out of the question!

Already sold mine, need fund for the Prime1 version

After seeing all the stunning pics of Prime1 I decided to keep my SS and get Prime1 as well. At the time it was my grail and given me great memories. It is kind of special to me. I ended up selling my terminator endo heads and 1:2 endoskeleton for Optimus and Megatron. I personally think it's a great statue, but like anything something better will always come out. Bring on Samurai Prime as well!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still see the SS Prime when I go over my friend house. The action pose still bedazzle me :)..... You right Sunny, they will keep pumping newer, better statues, iPhones, cars, cameras etc... We just need to enjoy it while at it :hi5:...

I still see the SS Prime when I go over my friend house. The action pose still bedazzle me :)..... You right Sunny, they will keep pumping newer, better statues, iPhones, cars, cameras etc... We just need to enjoy it while at it :hi5:...

But you can't repeat Meghan Fox from the first two :love:love They tried that with Rosie chick and she was the worst choice ever Mr Bay!! :slap :banghead

It wasn't supposed to be an action pose. Originally, the left arm was pointing downward, but they must have added the guns on later. I think they changed the position of the left arm to make the gun look good while being held. It looks weird with the gun pointing down while in the left hand. If you use the fist, the left arm looks good while pointed down.

f2f6cdbee9b26c1966441bbb255b01b4.jpg

Back