Show your Alien love! Post your pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's incredible! But now you've announced that to the universe and they don't have a whole lot left and it's quite possible all will be bought before I get one....

The bait has now been dropped into shark infested waters and I seem to be a very small shark...

I guess I'm no help:D

Hey has anyone broken their hot toys Alien jaw muscles yet? I have a hot toys grid alien and I wanted to pose it with a piece of plastic inside the mouth(as I dont want the inner mouth to come out) but I was worried the silicone jaw muscles can't take the stress of constant stretch. Any thoughts?

Hey has anyone broken their hot toys Alien jaw muscles yet? I have a hot toys grid alien and I wanted to pose it with a piece of plastic inside the mouth(as I dont want the inner mouth to come out) but I was worried the silicone jaw muscles can't take the stress of constant stretch. Any thoughts?

from my knowledge the ligament parts of the mouth can tear and have in the past,but thats only on the Aliens version not too sure about the grid alien :D

They'll end-up tearing on any of HT's aliens. It's not realistic to expect the material to withstand that kind of stress.

Depends... looks or durability?
The one with the most breakage issues reported is the Aliens one, mostly the blue version.
IMHO, it's got the best articulation though. Looks-wise it's one of my least favorites.
Overall, I really like the AvP one. Very sturdy, very close to the source material and good pose-ability.

Depends... looks or durability?
The one with the most breakage issues reported is the Aliens one, mostly the blue version.
IMHO, it's got the best articulation though. Looks-wise it's one of my least favorites.
Overall, I really like the AvP one. Very sturdy, very close to the source material and good pose-ability.

So is the brown repaint not as bad as the blue one?

Flaky paint is the problem with all the statues.

Mine are all starting to flake and fall apart over time.

I guess we just all have to live with these expensive things dying and fading away with time.

Oh well...........

That dude's own sculpted 1/6 resin Alien Queen is back on eBay.

I guess we just all have to live with these expensive things dying and fading away with time.

Oh well...........

:confused: Are you serious? ALL of your statues have flaking paint?
I think, I've had 1 or 2 pieces that had a spot of paint missing. But I probably nicked when dusting or moving.

Oh well...........

dude , if every statue you own is flaking your doing something to them you shouldn't be. :lol

Picture105.jpg

Gun010.jpg

Gun015.jpg

Yey! Aoshima love!

Here's a few pics of the "small" aliens.

McF's Alien and Predator boxed set:
DSCN4304.jpg

Hasbro's A:R Newborn and warrior:
DSCN4307.jpg

McF's Hicks, Aliens alien and Queen boxed set:
DSCN4300.jpg

Aoshima's repainted Nostromo austronauts:
DSCN4309.jpg

Yes!

Time for some Aoshima love.

Including my resculpted/repainted "egg morphing" Brett.
The absolute coolest accessory ever included with an Alien fig.

Plus...a resculpted/repainted Hasbro Newborn Alien figure.
Yeah...I'm one of the few that actually LIKE the Newborn.

100_4491.jpg

R.jpg

r1.jpg

rr.jpg

rrr.jpg

j.jpg

Last edited:
Yes!

Time for some Aoshima love.

Including my resculpted/repainted "egg morphing" Brett.
The absolute coolest accessory ever included with an Alien fig.

Plus...a resculpted/repainted Hasbro Newborn Alien figure.
Yeah...I'm one of the few that actually LIKE the Newborn.

j.jpg

personally, I think the nose is not sticky-out enuf and it's vag is too pink compared to the rest of it...

Back