- Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater -

Okay, after admiring this for a bit I have some questions I hope you don't mind answering... :)

1. What did you use for the glove?
2. How did you make the torn away sections on the hilt? Dremel and metal snips maybe?
3. What did you use for the greeblies on the severed part and how are they mounted?

Okay, after admiring this for a bit I have some questions I hope you don't mind answering... :)

1. What did you use for the glove?
2. How did you make the torn away sections on the hilt? Dremel and metal snips maybe?
3. What did you use for the greeblies on the severed part and how are they mounted?

No problem at all. I always get a lot of questions about this one.

1. The glove is a budget friendly Vader glove. Nothing fancy. A high end Vader glove would add a lot tho!
2. Exactly, good guess
3. What didn't I use, haha. I went through a pile of salvage electronics. There's a metal plate which the big pieces are mounted to. Most with steel reinforced epoxy (JB weld)

Awesome, thanks so much for the response!

Hey thanks!

No tutorials right now, but I've been strongly considering doing doing a series of cheap ebooks on painting and finishing. Time will tell.

that would be awesome. Hope you do one. Skin and paper is my canvas but want to try other mediums as well and your work is really amazing

Just finished this Diamond Select bust repaint and base. It was a cheap piece, but I really like it. Not my most detailed xeno paint job, but it's still a major upgrade.

Hey man, do you take commissions or anything? I'd love to see what you could do with a Kylo Ren helm or hilt.

I've always liked the diamond select bust. Man you really improved it. Looks like it should be in a museum like the rest of your stuff. :clap

I started buying glow in the dark stuff for a while and got this in the glow version.

Which shelves do you use? They look great... Any tutorials on your shelving + lighting setup?

Kane's Spacesuit - Alien, 1979
Lifesize, wearable costume with full electronics.

And yes, before someone asks, the "d" is missing on purpose. It was spelled Weylan in the original film.

Which shelves do you use? They look great... Any tutorials on your shelving + lighting setup?

I'm using ikea bestas, but both the lights and doors are now discontinued!

Back