Should Hot Toys release Batman figures from the Schumacher films?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which character(s) would you buy?

• Total voters
The only one I'd be somewhat tempted by would be a Batman Forever suit Robin. Really though don't like either film enough to buy a figure from.

Nothing else from those films should be released. They're all terrible by design.

Honestly, I really dig the Panther suit from Batman Forever, sans the obvious gay overtones like the nipples and molded ***. It's a little over the top and glorifying of the male anatomy, but it's essentially a more exaggerated version of the B89 suit.

Hate the Sonar Suit, and shame for anyone comparing it to the Nomex Suit from Batman Begins. There is similarities in the abdomen, but that's all. Not to mention the garish silver they made it. Not grey ... SILVER.

Hated all the other designs. Not a single one of them was I a fan of outside of the Forever Panther Suit.

The Sonar suit is very similar to the Begins suit. No doubt about it. The big bat on the chest, the armor, the cape clasps, hell the sonar eyes would come in later with TDK and they originated in Forever. If it wasn't silver and was a dark grey or even black, it'd be fine.

And you don't like the sculpted butt cheeks (I don't either) yet, the Begins one has the same exact problem! He's got the same *** the Schumacher ones have. Lindy Hemming even said she wanted to make it "sexy" or something.

The Sonar suit is very similar to the Begins suit.
Similar I can buy, but I wouldn't call them exactly alike. All Batman suits have some form of similarity. It would be like saying the Forever Panther suit is the exact same as the B89 suit. To the trained eye, they aren't exactly alike.

The Sonar Suit is overly mechanical looking. The Nomex Suit employs a look that says para military body armor, but it also has more organic animalistic qualities. The feral thick neck (actually more panther like) it doesn't have over designed side of the cowl like the Sonar Suit. It has the very bat like, flocked cape. It balances the armor aspect with the idea Bruce is trying to look like a giant bat creature. The Sonar Suit doesn't do that at all.

And you don't like the sculpted butt cheeks (I don't either) yet, the Begins one has the same exact problem! He's got the same *** the Schumacher ones have. Lindy Hemming even said she wanted to make it "sexy" or something.
Batman Begins suit doesn't have molded butt cheeks. Hemming said she wanted the suit to hug the body, to make it feel neat and sexy.

But she didn't literally sculpt cheeks and a crack the way the designers did on the Shumacher films. That is a HUGE difference on the over glamorizing scale of the male anatomy meter.

Shame on you for even insinuating the BEGINS suit was making that kind of homoerotic subtext.

:rotfl

Never noticed but Freeze had nipples as well

That really was his thing, wasn't it?

And I'd easily pass on any Schumacher Batman stuff from Hot Toys.

And really, forget new announcements, I just want Hot Toys to release their already announced figures on time.:wink1:

Hot Toys is seemingly too preoccupied with cashing in on Iron Man to do anything else for the foreseeable future. Maybe the license should go to Enterbay or Blitzway. At this point Hot Toys just seems to be sitting on licenses like Batman (other than the Nolanverse), Matrix, Tron, Avatar, Back to the Future, Terminator, Robocop, etc. etc. You would think the license holders would be getting pretty POed with them unless HT pays the royalties up front as opposed to as a percentage of sales.

Will I get banned if I say I liked (and still like) Batman Forever waaaaaaay more than Batman Returns?

And Batman and Robin is in the Bad Movie Hall of Fame. It goes past the "it's so bad it's good" genre.

So anyway, yes please. Robin (either uni), Kimer Bats (first uni), Riddler and Two Face would be my top wants.

Back