Hot Toys Comic Book Batman/DC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bat1975

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Was just watching a review of the HT comic book Spiderman that just came out, and was wondering/hoping HT might do the same for DC characters, esp. Batman, of course. A Bronze Age/Neal Adams Batman by HT would most definitely be a grail figure for me.

Wondering if others would be similarly interested, or if anyone has heard any rumors along those lines?

I haven’t, but I bet they could do something with that new value studio they’re releasing their comic book Wolverine through.

I wish they would’ve done more of the alternate suits from Arkham Knight - similar to what they did/are doing for PS4 Spider-Man.

Hot toys? DC?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well, that has been my standard reaction for about 5 years now. But they are doing a new BVS Batman, so maybe there is a tiny sliver of hope that hot toys does comic book DC stuff out of nowhere. Granted, world peace is more probable than hot toys caring about us dc collectors.

Would absolutely love this. Neal Adams styled Batman would be great. Though I think the most iconic DC characters were by Jose Garcia-Lopez, and would like to see a whole line mimicking his style.

jlgl-jl_1.jpg

Would absolutely love this. Neal Adams styled Batman would be great. Though I think the most iconic DC characters were by Jose Garcia-Lopez, and would like to see a whole line mimicking his style.

jlgl-jl_1.jpg
I’d kill for that whole style guide in 1/12th, even, from MAFEX, but at $160 a pop for 1/6th? Hell yes.

They're doing classic comic based figures under their HONO team so I'm guessing they will at least do a classic Batman and Superman down the road. They already did Wolverine and they're doing a Classic Thor and Magneto next. Who knows what they're doing beyond that. With how much love BTAS and TJLU is getting from third party companies, I can see Hot Toys chasing that.

It would be a dream come true. I'd like to see HONŌ go relatively deep (IE the JLA and the Legion of Doom), though I think the Trinity and some Batman villains are a good bet.

Mazzuchelli is another dream figure for me. It's crazy that as popular as that storyline is, there's never been a Year One figure, in any scale. Closest we got was the B&W statue from DC Direct years back.

Would love to see comic versions of at least the trinity if not the core Justice League team.

At the same price point as Wolverine, that would be way more exciting than $1k+ silicone versions of Ledger, Bale, Phoenix etc.

The comics have a timeless quality live action versions will never quite match. At the moment our only options are Sideshow's 'interpretations', iffy third party offerings or expensive customs.

Back