Hot Toys The Batman modifications & OT Customs collars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InTheDetolf

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
IMG_5452.jpeg
Further mods completed on the Batman. Still not sure any of it’s necessary to be honest but I’m more happy with how he looks now. The collar is a great upgrade, the hot toys one is so small I struggled to put the unmasked sculpt on due to the hair and collar colliding.

All padding is just black foam, the suit is fairly easy to take apart, about as difficult as taking padding out of the mandalorian for example.

Attachments

• IMG_5456.jpeg
    IMG_5456.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5454.jpeg
    IMG_5454.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5455.jpeg
    IMG_5455.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 83809203-1640-4D83-B306-1FCE749C6FA8.jpeg
    83809203-1640-4D83-B306-1FCE749C6FA8.jpeg
    817.3 KB · Views: 0
Cool thread it helps having one so not to always post in the main HT thread. I got the collar myself with his free sticky bomb gun. If only SS would ship the figure out already. Lol

Cool thread it helps having one so not to always post in the main HT thread. I got the collar myself with his free sticky bomb gun. If only SS would ship the figure out already. Lol
Oh is making a thread not the right thing to do? This is my first post on the forum haha
Hell yeah dude! At least you’ll be ready when sideshow finally gets it out lol

The figure is so good!

Attachments

• DSC06754.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
Oh is making a thread not the right thing to do? This is my first post on the forum haha
Hell yeah dude! At least you’ll be ready when sideshow finally gets it out lol

The figure is so good!
No it's fine, it's at least one devoted to the mods this figure is getting besides the ones OT has done. I heard Jaxon is making a cape for the figure so we'll see how it turns out.

Went ahead and bought another of Oatys collars as there was a third drop today. He mentioned this one has some differences that makes it more screen accurate but only noticeable if you have both the last batch and this one side by side. I'll check it out and sell one off later if I need to.

I want this for my hot toys, but I also have the inart coming as well. I feel like improving the hot toys one would be kinda useless.

I want this for my hot toys, but I also have the inart coming as well. I feel like improving the hot toys one would be kinda useless.
Nothing wrong with doing that. Especially since the InArt one will already be accurate enough not to require it. The HT needs it for sure unless your willing to reshape the stock collar.

Not trying to be argumentative Luisenigma1, but how do you know the InArt one will already be accurate enough not to require modification to suit some peoples tastes or expectations? Not trying to single you out, but there have been many posts lately about how HT products NEED all this customization but we can EXPECT InArt to produce a perfect representation of a movie character. I order from both companies and find some things “right” and some things “wrong” with both companies products.

Not trying to be argumentative Luisenigma1, but how do you know the InArt one will already be accurate enough not to require modification to suit some peoples tastes or expectations? Not trying to single you out, but there have been many posts lately about how HT products NEED all this customization but we can EXPECT InArt to produce a perfect representation of a movie character. I order from both companies and find some things “right” and some things “wrong” with both companies products.
Not necessarily talking about the figure as a whole but from what I've seen they got the collar right, but of course it can be changed for better or worse after release so we won't know for sure. That's what I meant and that the collar upgrade for the HT figure is indeed necessary if you want to avoid modification to the stock version.

makes sense. I appreciate you pointing out the collar vs whole figure. I admit that I read it originally as the whole figure. Again, I enjoy your contributions here and I wasn’t trying to stir the pot at all. Thanks for clarifying.

I did what exactly what Unreal done in his video lifting the neck collar, adjusting the shoulders and added the strong magnet to neck.
This look will do for now until I get the Unreal Collar/Neck.
IMG_6268.jpeg

IMG_6269.jpeg

He looks great though a lot taller now. Did you mod the body?
makes sense. I appreciate you pointing out the collar vs whole figure. I admit that I read it originally as the whole figure. Again, I enjoy your contributions here and I wasn’t trying to stir the pot at all. Thanks for clarifying.
No worries it never hurts to have productive arguments sometimes as long as we don't become disrespectful to each other in the process.

He looks great though a lot taller now. Did you mod the body?

No worries it never hurts to have productive arguments sometimes as long as we don't become disrespectful to each other in the process.

Thanks.

No bud it’s just lens distortion. Although I did lengthen the neck slightly.

Anyone want a OT collar for their Batman pm me I have an extra available fully painted and ready to install.

If anyone was curious: my least favorite designs to this suit (on Matt Reeves & team, not Hot Toys) are the policeman belt and the boots.

I couldn't find a suitable boot that worked well but here's how a more traditional Batman belt looks. Obviously an Affleck belt but I can't remember from which version. It is the one that has a couple velcro spots on the back plus a push-in buckle which helps it fit decently. Unfortunately, it leaves the bomb gun hanging but I would remove that anyways.
1000000094.jpg

If anyone was curious: my least favorite designs to this suit (on Matt Reeves & team, not Hot Toys) are the policeman belt and the boots.

I couldn't find a suitable boot that worked well but here's how a more traditional Batman belt looks. Obviously an Affleck belt but I can't remember from which version. It is the one that has a couple velcro spots on the back plus a push-in buckle which helps it fit decently. Unfortunately, it leaves the bomb gun hanging but I would remove that anyways. View attachment 686683
Boots aren't police type. They are Austrian army boots with custom boot sleeves. I think the whole look is pretty cool the belt is more practical but obviously we'll get a newer batsuit in the sequel plus hopefully accurate belt and chest symbol.

Back