Hot Toys The Batman modifications & OT Customs collars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I think if the collar is left at stock height, there’s not much need to mod the neck. I only did so because i raised the height of the collar and shoulders, so it was necessary to maintain proportions.
Yeah I'm using OT collar also but he did design it without needing to change the neck as he mentioned. Though the added height works if the figure is modified completely then just adding the collar.

Also just got in Art15 customs collar finally. It looks amazing and I prefer it though it isn't as flexible as you'd think you do have to use hot water or a hair dryer to get it malleable enough to move, Though it just hardens right after. Still I like it a bit more then OTs not to say that isn't good either. I'll probably get one from Kit next to compare.

Who makes the X Custom that is available on Kit's site? I'm wondering if they are all pretty much the same or if one of them is a standout as the best. Price-wise the one on OSK seems amazing since shipping is included.

Also just got in Art15 customs collar finally. It looks amazing and I prefer it though it isn't as flexible as you'd think you do have to use hot water or a hair dryer to get it malleable enough to move, Though it just hardens right after. Still I like it a bit more then OTs not to say that isn't good either. I'll probably get one from Kit next to compare.
Could you share a pic of OT and Art15 next to each other? I’d love to see the differences.

Could you share a pic of OT and Art15 next to each other? I’d love to see the differences.
Yeah sure thing. Here it is next to OTs collar (second batch before updated ver) the shape is definitely different but I feel looks good.View attachment 1000003459.jpg
1000003460.jpg

Last edited:
After buying the Unreal and OT collars, I think I’m going to pause on more add ons until after the InArt drops. Would still love a better cape though.

After buying the Unreal and OT collars, I think I’m going to pause on more add ons until after the InArt drops. Would still love a better cape though.
Yeah after looking at kits on the website it looks to be the same as Art15 it could be him under JX but who knows. I'm satisfied with the collar for now. I do wish we got a better cape. Best thing once InArt Batman finally ships that might be the one for me.

That looks awesome. This figure really shines - as someone who decided to go the “bargain” route with Hot Toys I don’t feel any regrets at all.

…I just wish PopCultcha would ship him out. My local comic shop has him, and I can’t even cancel the order and pick him up there instead. :gah:

But thankfully my Unreal neck + collar shipped!

That looks awesome. This figure really shines - as someone who decided to go the “bargain” route with Hot Toys I don’t feel any regrets at all.

…I just wish PopCultcha would ship him out. My local comic shop has him, and I can’t even cancel the order and pick him up there instead. :gah:

But thankfully my Unreal neck + collar shipped!

Thanks!

It’s a really great figure in hand. Sure you’ll love it.

What’s the best recommended collar and where to get it? Seems to be a lot of options.
Depends on price. If you want something at a decent price (not over $60) go with JX one that Kit has up for preorder. Otherwise I say Art15 is best, or even OT customs (around $90-$100)

I did your height mod to my masked sculpt, @rory , and between that and the scrapyard OT collar this is just how I want it to look now. I’ll be modding one of those neck adapters for the unmasked sculpt too once I have the time.

I did your height mod to my masked sculpt, @rory , and between that and the scrapyard OT collar this is just how I want it to look now. I’ll be modding one of those neck adapters for the unmasked sculpt too once I have the time.
Yeah the collar and neck mod really help this figure shine.

Back