Sequel to The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncanny Web-Slinger

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/11/05/the-wolverine-sequel-james-mangold/

The Wolverine director James Mangold is in talks with the studio to write a treatment and longtime X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner will collaborate again, as Deadline reported. The storyline is being kept under wraps for now, and Hugh Jackman is waiting to see a script before he commits to another go as the shredded mutant.

the-wolverine-3-new-promo-photos-preview.jpg

Bring it.

Hope Yukio returns. Would love too Wolvy face off against Omega Red

Quite interesting in that they have a host of options on where to set the movie.

It could be a quasi-sequel to DOFP or be set in the two years between the end of The Wolverine and when he re-meets Xavier and Magneto or even after that as some time lapses between the end credits scene and the events of DOFP

I don't know the exact numbers, but I got the sense that The Wolverine kinda came and went at the box office, and I remember hearing it was the lowest grossing so far of all the X-Men movies. What exactly is the motivation to keep making these?

Too early for me to care, didn't find The Wolverine that good, and DOFP seems alright so far but i'm not hyped to see it at all unlike ASM2, CAP2, GOTG etc. However if they had used that Wolverine costume in the film i would have been all over a HT figure, that mask looked sick! :panic:

NEf8gSeCamCFij_1_3.jpg

Second Highest grossing worldwide.

Same motivation Sony, Warner Brothers and Marvel studios has

Not to mention it did that 400+ mil while overcoming Origins bad taste. :lecture

Loved the new Wolverine movie and I can't wait to see where they take it from here.

I think the mask shape looks pretty slick. Maybe in X-Force grey it would be a little better. It's kinda funny as I think all the Marvel characters so far have looked good but for some reason none of the X-Men designs seem to translate well to film.

I think the mask shape looks pretty slick. Maybe in X-Force grey it would be a little better. It's kinda funny as I think all the Marvel characters so far have looked good but for some reason none of the X-Men designs seem to translate well to film.

Its because people aren't used to seeing them like that. If Spidey hadn't been in live format for decades, people would think the same of him. If they just started by putting the X-Men in their costumes it wouldn't seem so weird to people by now.

Tell me you couldn't see that stuff in a cardboard window display box at Toys R Us or Walmart.

Its because people aren't used to seeing them like that. If Spidey hadn't been in live format for decades, people would think the same of him. If they just started by putting the X-Men in their costumes it wouldn't seem so weird to people by now.
Yeah, that's a good point. I'm not sure how the X-Men budgets have been relative to Marvel's other franchises, but they look cheaper (er, aside from Fantastic Four :monkey4). Wonder if that's part of it, too. Especially characters like Juggernaut. He should've been CGI (like Hulk) or nothing.

Back