The Wolverine 2 (2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApeManRyan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread for this yet but it's confirmed that a Prequel/Sequel to Marvel's The Wolverine 2013 will be happening. Looks like Director James Mangold is attached to the film for The Wolverine which seems to be slated for 2017. Jackman will reprise his role as Logan/Wolverine One last time ending his 14 year run. Jackman posted on Instagram with a statement attached to the picture. Image below. "WOLVERINE...ONE LAST TIME.HJ" This confirms Hugh Jackman is playing Wolverine one last time as a solo movie but as a cameo. No news on that. Director Mangold confirms and responds to Jackman's post saying "Can't wait to make this, HJ! Been toiling quietly a while now!" Hopefully we will hear more news for the Sequel to The Wolverine. I love Hugh Jackman and sad to hear this may be his last time playing Logan/Wolverine. Updates will be posted here once more news comes out.

Ryan

sn29z8.jpg

Re: Marvel's The Wolverine 2 (2017).

Yeah I saw that post yesterday. Pretty saddened to hear that. I wouldn't want him doing this until he's an old man (unless it's Old Man Logan) but I think he could do at least one or two beyond Wolverine 3.

It just seems like he finally got the look and age Logan should have, and now he's done after two more films.

At least Hot Toys will probably do his appearances in Apocalypse and this.

Yeah I'm sad too. Hugh's come quite a way and it'll be sad to see him go, I'd love if he continued. He really did it get prefect recently after the stumble in Origins.

Origins could of been a good film, but it was way too congested and hokey.

At least Reynolds is rectifying Deadpoop.

zjbkcLP.jpg

I thought he said he was inspired by Birdman to want to keep playing Wolverine....

I thought he said he was inspired by Birdman to want to keep playing Wolverine....

Yeah, and that came out like a couple weeks ago. Which is why I'm stunned to hear this 180 on what he said. :dunno

Yeah, and that came out like a couple weeks ago. Which is why I'm stunned to hear this 180 on what he said. :dunno

I know some will be happy about it if indeed he's bowing out, as they want a more comic-accurate Wolverine but to others he has become as beloved in the role as Christopher Reeve was to Superman. I fall into the latter category.

I know some will be happy about it if indeed he's bowing out, as they want a more comic-accurate Wolverine but to others he has become as beloved in the role as Christopher Reeve was to Superman. I fall into the latter category.

Yeah he's definitely on the level of Reeve, where he's become so married to the character. Plus, he's the first to portray the character on screen so people will always feel sentimental towards him as the character, myself included.

I just hope he's given a proper conclusion, before he gets replaced. But I can't see Fox casting a 5 foot tall Wolverine after Jackman.

*Jackman* might want to play Wolverine until he's an old man but if Fox decides that his contract is up after one more movie and they don't want to renew it because they want to go younger for the role then there will be nothing he can do about it.

It may just be a statement meant to up the ante and renegotiate hia contract!

...or the reverse! The studio may have told him they'd like to go for a younger actor! Tobey McGuire is the next Wolvie!:lol

But... but... Logan is supposed to look like a guy in his 40s.

Ummm... what does "Marvel's The Wolverine" in the title mean?
Rhetorical question, of course. And "jack ****" is the most appropriate answer.

I personally would love to see someone else play the character. I'm hoping FOX can follow Sony's heels and give Marvel the rights to portray him and other x-men characters in their universe. I've always felt Marvel has been fantastic at casting, so I think they would pick a great wolverine.

A lot of back-and-forth going on between Jackman and FOX. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes...my guess is that this is basically the end of Jackman's contract and like it was said, he's kind of upping the ante. Sort of like how RDJ is basically done with Iron Man except they negotiated his appearance in Cap 3: Civil War.

Should go well, Jackman has done an awesome job as Wolverine. I wonder what FOX's long-term plans are...

If I remember correctly, he played that tune already at the time of XMen first class, saying the the next one would be his last, and Lo and Behold! He's back for at least two more!

No, not too worried, ihe'll be back for more...

Sorry that I put marvel in the title I'll change it when I get home. Honestly. Jackman is the only guy to play Wolverine to me. He's created the role perfectly.

A lot of back-and-forth going on between Jackman and FOX. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes...my guess is that this is basically the end of Jackman's contract and like it was said, he's kind of upping the ante. Sort of like how RDJ is basically done with Iron Man except they negotiated his appearance in Cap 3: Civil War.

Should go well, Jackman has done an awesome job as Wolverine. I wonder what FOX's long-term plans are...

They have no plans :lol

Back