New Mutants (X-Men spinoff)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is a direct response to the success of Deadpool--take super heroes, and go full bore into other genres. I do hope that the final product isn't a generic, Annabelle-style nu-horror movie. Though the trailer makes it out to be something like that, there are good actors here, and the tone has potential.

Looks like they're taking "Split" one step further by adding more traditional jump scares and using established heroes from Marvel instead of all new characters. Casting Anya Taylor-Joy might be a tad generic after she just appeared in a movie like this but she's great so I'll remain cautiously optimistic for the time being.

I didn't see any powers in that trailer. If it wasn't called "new mutants", I wouldn't know that they're mutants or X Men.
Someone has flaming hands in the washing machine. But I'm not sure if that is supposed to be Magma or not. The faces on the wall could have been someone using powers (Mirage?). But it's true that we didn't see Magik creating a portal, Cannonball flying around, or Rahne transforming into a wolf or anything.

New Mutants always had a bit of a horror streak in the early days so I don't mind the genre, it's just that... the trailer was woefully generic. We'll see though. Cast Pic:

22424586_1441816022521816_7762182797675574112_o.jpg

Back