New Mutants (X-Men spinoff)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's appropriate for Singerverse related news.

_

uiRMmoP.gif

Re: X-Men: Apocalypse - May 27, 2016

NEW MUTANTS Reportedly Casts Maisie Williams As ‘Wolfsbane' And Anya Taylor-Joy As 'Magik'

Drew over at Hitfix has done some digging, and may have turned up some very interesting new details on Josh Boone's planned New Mutants movie - including the first two actors that have been cast.

According to him, Maisie Williams will be joining her Game of Thrones castmate Sophie Turner in the X-Universe as Rahne Sinclair, AKA shape-shifting werewolf girl Wolfsbane; and The Witch breakout star Anya Taylor-Joy will be portraying Illyna Rasputin, AKA demon sorceress Magik. Plus, it sounds like Alexandra Shipp will be making the jump from the main X-Men roster as Storm.

Other characters said to be included, but not yet cast, are Cannonball, Sunspot, and Mirage - who actually make up the original Marvel Comics roster along with Karma. James McAvoy’s Professor X will also play significant part in the story apparently.

This has yet to be confirmed so take it as a rumor for now, but let's hope this pans out because they are some spot-on casting choices.

Couldn’t find the New Mutants thread so I figured I’d post this here, but its nice to see Mcavoy possibly returning and playing a major role.

Wolfsbane and Magik has me thinking that this movie might lead into an X-Force film.

EXCLUSIVE: Are these Josh Boones first three New Mutants?

Apparently Wolfsbane and Magik have been cast and Storm and Professor X are going to be in this. (From X-Men Apocalypse)

It looks like they’ll also be casting Cannonball, Sunspot, and Mirage, so they really are going for the most traditional version of the team.

Maybe this movie is taking place in the 80s/90s?

Few thoughts.

1) This movie is clearly taking the October 6, 2017 spot GAMBIT just vacated due to Liman's commitment with the Amazon film. DEADPOOL 2 is def the January, 2018 film.

2) My guess is NEW MUTANTS will jump 10 years like the other films in this series so it'll be a 90s film that can interact with both the next X-MEN film & the GAMBIT solo.

3) Looks like Mystique, Beast, Cyclops, Jean, Nightcrawler, Angel, Psylocke, Moira and Havok will next be seen in the untitled July 2018 X-Men film FOX announced last year. McAvoy & Shipp will def be in that one too.

4) I'm thinking Liman's GAMBIT will see the light of day in the fall of 2018.

5) X-FORCE should be FOX's summer 2019 film.

Damn if you're right, that's sounds heavenly :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Few thoughts.

1) This movie is clearly taking the October 6, 2017 spot GAMBIT just vacated due to Liman's commitment with the Amazon film. DEADPOOL 2 is def the January, 2018 film.

2) My guess is NEW MUTANTS will jump 10 years like the other films in this series so it'll be a 90s film that can interact with both the next X-MEN film & the GAMBIT solo.

3) Looks like Mystique, Beast, Cyclops, Jean, Nightcrawler, Angel, Psylocke, Moira and Havok will next be seen in the untitled July 2018 X-Men film FOX announced last year. McAvoy & Shipp will def be in that one too.

4) I'm thinking Liman's GAMBIT will see the light of day in the fall of 2018.

5) X-FORCE should be FOX's summer 2019 film.

Sounds awesome as long as Bryan Singer is really far away doing something else...anything else.

Sounds awesome as long as Bryan Singer is really far away doing something else...anything else.

Pretty sure he'll be directing the untitled 2018 X-MEN film.

He starts shooting 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea in August and should be done by December. They'll probably begin production on X-MEN in April 2017.

So they're going with a pretty classic lineup of New Mutants. Nice. Curious to see how they approach Warlock. Good actresses here, though that doesn't mean too much (Exhibit A: Fant4Stic)

Lots of news today and the movie is sounding pretty interesting.

Synopsis: "Held in a secret facility against their will, five new mutants have to battle the dangers of their powers, as well as the sins of their past. They aren’t out to save the world — they’re just trying to save themselves."

Couple of quotes from the director:
"We are making a full-fledged horror movie set within the X-Men universe. There are no costumes. There are no supervillains. We’re trying to do something very, very different."

"a darker and more surreal and impressionistic X-Men series than we’d ever seen before. It felt like Stephen King meets John Hughes. We made a comic book with what our vision of the series would be. We love that Fox wants to make all these different X-Men spinoffs as drastically different as they can."

https://ew.com/movies/2017/05/25/the-new-mutants-details-x-men-horror/?

Also, Rosario Dawson is in negotiations for the role of Dr. Cecilia Reyes, a medical doctor who has the ability to generate a protective bio-field around herself. The character assumes a mentor role for the group of fledgling heroes.

MV5BYWNhY2M5YTctOTkyZC00ZTU4LTk1ZmEtMTUyOTVmNTMyNWY3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcxNzE3MDE@._V1_UY317_CR9,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Henry Zaga is apparently playing Sunspot.

Last edited:
Yes.... all comic book fans have been clamoring for a Horror X-Men mutant movie..... :dunno

And no costumes? :rotfl That's such a cop out on Fox's part seeing as how they haven't made good costumes yet...

I just caught an article of this. Sounds really interesting to me. I'm always up for a new approach. And a lot of those New Mutant comics were really freaking dark.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Yes.... all comic book fans have been clamoring for a Horror X-Men mutant movie..... :dunno
I just hope they do it right this time, I no longer care if they're faithful or not to source material.

Fox ****ed Trank's vision because they heeded the complaints of the fans about a Cronenberg-ian horror Fantastic Four and instead we got what we got, an under-cooked garbage plate.

Plus, they got alienbae :love:

980x.jpg

Back