SDCC Cobra Commander?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think SS might be messing with us on this one. I'm still feeling the Scarface variant trooper figure for Comic-Con. Unless that is a woman's hair?

pgt2.jpg

Nobody thinks the far right one could be Duke? How about Baroness second to the right?

From left to right:

Dead Butcher, either Scarface or a Gimli LSB (but I'm leaning toward Scarface as we've already seen him), Stormy Han, Stormy Luke, Cobra Commander (PF? Announcing a better version before the other ships doesn't make any sense), and Mort VCD/polystone figurine (who any participant in Spook instantly recognizes - no way it could be Duke).

There will be no PF's or LSB I'm telling ya at SDCC. Those boxes are a pain to carry around and SS has stated they won't do that again.

From left to right:

Dead Butcher, either Scarface or a Gimli LSB (but I'm leaning toward Scarface as we've already seen him), Stormy Han, Stormy Luke, Cobra Commander (PF? Announcing a better version before the other ships doesn't make any sense), and Mort VCD/polystone figurine (who any participant in Spook instantly recognizes - no way it could be Duke).

That might not be Mort. On the newsletter they say the 7 different exclusives are from Star Wars, Gi Joe, The Dead, Lord of the Rings, Marvel, and Disney. 2 star Wars, 1 Joe, 1 Dead that leaves 3 figures for 3 remaining licenses. Unless ofcourse they made a mistake, and one of the licenses is not represented or that is not Luke next to Han. But it does alot like Mort.

Last edited:
From left to right:

I am really thinking the second from the right is a Disney item, either SS own product or distributed from them.

I hope its a classic CC, just so that can I feel better about cancelling the ex. CC. :monkey2

Better do it now, before it's too late. I did. But I'll rebuy him with points.

...and no, CC is not a SDCC EX. I'd put a SDCC EX on it.

There will be no PF's or LSB I'm telling ya at SDCC. Those boxes are a pain to carry around and SS has stated they won't do that again.

Don't bother Josh, I have dropped this comment in numerous threads but the PF and LSB predictions still keep coming.

I have a feeling that the Disney item will be a MediCom or other company import, maybe a Vinylmation piece which is selling hot at the theme parks right now...that shadow is definitely part of Cobra Commander but the other "lump" could be Scarface....

I have a feeling that the Disney item will be a MediCom or other company import, maybe a Vinylmation piece which is selling hot at the theme parks right now...that shadow is definitely part of Cobra Commander but the other "lump" could be Scarface....

Would you care to wager a SDCC EX on it? You seeming so confident and all :D ;)

Don't bother Josh, I have dropped this comment in numerous threads but the PF and LSB predictions still keep coming.

Yeah, good idea. I don't think its quite getting through. I'm telling ya that was one EX I think SS kicked themselves for doing because of the pain it caused everyone.

I know you guys keep saying that, but rather than spout the same thing repeatedly, offer other ideas? :huh

2nd from right... Can you make sense of them offering another 1:6 CC this soon, with the original not yet released and potential cancellations in order?

Or if the lump 2nd from left is Gimli, we already know they canned the 1:6 line. So what else would it be than an LSB?

I have everytime its been mentioned.

CC would be a variant of some kind or a Solider Variant.

The LOTR piece I'm now laying my money on a small Dio of some kind.

It'd only be a cancelation if it were superior to the original release. I could see them doing the Crimson version:

TRU-sro2-figs.jpg

Which wouldn't get people to cancel out the original

or something like the last Hasbro SDCC Exclusive:

SDCC_cc1.jpg

or even this one :

greatest-battles-dvd-set-cobra-commander.jpg

Which would all use the body styling and tooling but be different enough and away from CC enough to warrant the originals staying.

As for the LOTR piece if it ain't 1:6 I'm thinking it'll be a small dio like the Frodo/Gollum piece.

I don't know if I want to spend another $100 on a second version of hooded Cobra Commander. This will have to be either really cool looking or less expensive for me to be interested. Maybe if it's CC on a Buck in a suit and cape with maybe a single handgun and priced around $60-$70 I'd buy.

The only other Commander I'll spend $100 for would be Chrome-Domed CC.

Back