SDCC Cobra Commander?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it could be a different outfit, i only saw the head. keep that in mind.
i dont think sideshow would do that to us, just wait and see i guess.

Lets see a pic. You know the rule, "pic or it didn't happen" ;)

If true, with the way Blue is selling, how do they even expect to sell off a "red" version?

All of SS convention exclusives are available to non attendees though, which for the first time in six years is me!

I'm sure I will get whatever G.I. Joe offering they have.

Isn't that what Con items are supposed to be though? A variant or something that can be skipped? If it was something else many of you would moan and groan about how unfair it is they're doing this. If folks say otherwise thats a big of bowl of BS.

Sideshow's con exclusives don't really fall under that, though, because they make them available online for Non-Attendees. I can't recall that last time someone wanted a SSC Con Exclusive but wasn't able to order one.

The SSDC cobra commander is a Red repaint,

sisko_facepalm.gif

Sideshow's con exclusives don't really fall under that, though, because they make them available online for Non-Attendees. I can't recall that last time someone wanted a SSC Con Exclusive but wasn't able to order one.

They're not the standard Con item in that NA are getting the shaft but they're still Con Ex and I think SS follows the you don't make something thats going to hack folks off. So thats why they do or will do items like this that everyone can get but if you feel its a pass its ok to pass. 2005 was the last time I think there where issues with getting stuff.

The SSDC cobra commander is a Red repaint,
we got these cards in from sideshow and in the corner it has a picture of him, ill try and get one for you guys.

The Crimson version was being predicted way earlier so that doesn't surprise....

TRU-sro2-figs.jpg

I'll have to see it but the Bradstreet version in red might be cool enough to get.

Isn't that what Con items are supposed to be though? A variant or something that can be skipped? If it was something else many of you would moan and groan about how unfair it is they're doing this. If folks say otherwise thats a big of bowl of BS.

This is supposed to be the case, usually its how it follows suit and giving them to NAs is just a way to offer it to a broader base, they don't have to do that. Look at other companies who at SDCC offer up stuff that you can only get there, talk about annoying for those of us who are stuck home.

If it is a Crimson CC then I'm okay with it, one less thing to stress about in terms of ordering because it'll be one of those "if I like it I'll get it, if it sells out oh well" not a banging my head against the wall because my collection will be incomplete without it.

You see, that kind of skittle-colored variant is a Hasbro type of gimmick. Sideshow doesn't need to get embroiled in such silliness.

Then again, we do have their DEAD Babysitter as a precedent...

:(

The Crimson version was being predicted way earlier so that doesn't surprise....

TRU-sro2-figs.jpg

I'll have to see it but the Bradstreet version in red might be cool enough to get.

With a big ass silver cobra emblem on his mask and a big ass red cape. I still don't think it's him. I'll wait till we see a actual pic for confirmation.

I was just about to reference the Babysitter until I finished your post. All the companies seems to be heading that way....look at the HT Iron Man "Silly Things Version"....that is just a coloring variant to the last. Makes good business sense but drives collectors crazy. I'm actually really interested to see how the red execution would come out and whether they'd provide the "pimp cane" which was the prior exclusve with it as standard.

Re-colored variants don't drive me crazy as a collector because I kicked the silly Completist Disease years ago... I simply won't buy them. But it does irritate the hell out of me because they can usually just use the time/resources to produce an item that people actually WANT, even a variant. Take Cobra Commander... they could just as easily done a light blue version with a cape (the classic CC look) and we'd be all over it. Red? Go pound sand. I hope it's not true.

Is it a letdown cause its a repaint? Would folks have prefered them to do him with helm? A brand new character limited 2 where not everyone gets one? People hate when companies do brand new imporant stuff for Con items (Think GG) but also complain when they do variants that people can get or not easy (think SS). Its a no win.

Let's be honest though if they made Duke or even the 1984 Snake Eyes or hooded Storm Shadow or even Silver Masked Cobra Commander people would go ape^^^^ that it was a Con Exclusive. A simple color variant is probably one of the easiest ways to go to apease the majority.

I'm sorry, but I just don't buy that excuse anymore. Sideshow's "exclusives" aren't really all that exclusive anymore because anyone can order a NA version.

In fact, I'm thinking about just ordering NA from now on because then I won't have to lug the stuff around... and NA's have been seeing their's shipped out BEFORE the con the last couple of years anyway.

I'm actually surprised if SSC is sending stuff with pics of it to folks we haven't seen an early reveal of the SDCC Exclusives.

I'm actually surprised if SSC is sending stuff with pics of it to folks we haven't seen an early reveal of the SDCC Exclusives.

That's why I'm holding out hope that it's not true.

A red repaint of Cobra Commander and NO INDY exclusive at all would really kick off Sideshow's SDCC on a sour note for me.

If it was a variant that actually MAKES SENSE like a VINTAGE hooded commander then yeah, it would have been WORTH getting. This is just ^^^^e.

Back