SDCC '09/Freaks Party!! Who's gonna be there?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there :) :duff

And I have a request - I'm working on putting together a slideshow/DVD to play on the televisions at the bar during the party, and would like you guys to send me links to your favorite Con photos, from ANY year... those of you who have been going for many many years, you may have some gems that would be great for this type of thing ;)

And even if you're not going, I'd welcome your photos to peruse and pick from, if you'd like to send them along. That way the Freaks who are in attendance can reminisce and you can be there in spirit!

I've cleaned out my PM box, so please send the links there. Would love some funny and/or embarrassing ones too ;) Not just from the past Freaks parties, but also from the Con floor, Sideshow booth, etc. Can't guarantee I'd use them all - but at least I'll get a laugh while picking photos :lol

Thanks guys (and girls)!!
These are the only two pictures you need:
wthsld.jpg

tomawesome.jpg

You're welcome.

I emailed Dark Lord Dave about a reservation and no response. I'm guessing it's because I'm "new" to these boards. That sucks big time! How many old members won't be able to go because they simply won't be in San Diego for Comic Con. Can't I take the place of one of them so I can meet other members in person and make new friends? In the little time I've been here, I think I've made "online friends" with several of you and had a bunch of transactions as well. The only thing I dislike about these forums are some of the strict and elitist rules like this one about the party.
Can I be someone's guest and can someone buy me a ticket? (But only if I'll be able to participate in the prizes, because I don't want to be left out and feel like an outcast!):confused::(

Last edited:
I emailed Dark Lord Dave about a reservation and no response. I'm guessing it's because I'm "new" to these boards. That sucks big time! How many old members won't be able to go because they simply won't be in San Diego for Comic Con. Can't I take the place of one of them so I can meet other members in person and make new friends? In the little time I've been here, I think I've made "online friends" with several of you and had a bunch of transactions as well. The only thing I dislike about these forums are some strict and stupid rules like this one about the party.
Can I be someone's guest and can someone buy me a ticket? (But only if I'll be able to participate in the prizes, because I don't want to be left out and feel like an outcast!):confused::(
Dave hasn't responded to anyone yet. He's still trying to determine whether or not to open it up to new members. He said he would be sending invitations by this weekend, so I'm assuming they'll start showing up via email by tomorrow.

I emailed Dark Lord Dave about a reservation and no response. I'm guessing it's because I'm "new" to these boards. That sucks big time! How many old members won't be able to go because they simply won't be in San Diego for Comic Con. Can't I take the place of one of them so I can meet other members in person and make new friends? In the little time I've been here, I think I've made "online friends" with several of you and had a bunch of transactions as well. The only thing I dislike about these forums are some of the strict and elitist rules like this one about the party. (But only if I'll be able to participate in the prizes, because I don't want to be left out and feel like an outcast!):confused::(

My friend who also joined this forum in June is going to the Freaks Party. One of the older freaks invited him so he's going as her guest.

I wont be at the party because I'm new myself but I'll be at the Tilted Kilt that's for sure. See some of you there if you can't make it to the party. :rock

My friend who also joined this forum in June is going to the Freaks Party. One of the older freaks invited him so he's going as her guest.

I wont be at the party because I'm new myself but I'll be at the Tilted Kilt that's for sure. See some of you there if you can't make it to the party. :rock

Thank you for the invitation. That is very cool of you.

I emailed Dark Lord Dave about a reservation and no response. I'm guessing it's because I'm "new" to these boards. That sucks big time! How many old members won't be able to go because they simply won't be in San Diego for Comic Con. Can't I take the place of one of them so I can meet other members in person and make new friends? In the little time I've been here, I think I've made "online friends" with several of you and had a bunch of transactions as well. The only thing I dislike about these forums are some of the strict and elitist rules like this one about the party.

I'd hardly call these strict and elitist rules....last year there was also a cut off date for new members. I'm sure the party costs a great deal of money...of which I'm assuming Dave and Sideshow pays for. Maybe I'm wrong...but someone's paying for it and it wasn't the freaks. Word gets out that this is a fun party to go to and as Dave posted, there tends to be quite a few people joining before SDCC in hopes to get an invite. I think it's only fair that invites be given to those who've been around the board a bit and if there are extra spaces available, they be given out to the newer members.
Nothing elitist about that. :peace

And let me get this right....you don't want to go to meet the online friends you've made...you'll only go if you are eligible for the prizes??? I would have a cut off date for this reason alone....but that's just me.

I wanna go just to meet some peeps in person in hopes I can have better conversations on this board with people. :dunno

I'll be posting in the official thread after the ticket payment requests go out.

In the past we've had people sign up on the forum the week before the party, show up, win prizes and then be heard from no more. It's not really fair to members who have been here a while for this to happen.

That's why I imposed the cut-off date.

At least from that list,theres a lot of known freaks...Last year all I saw was a bunch of nobodies winning big prices offered by Sideshow at the Freak party..:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

In the past we've had people sign up on the forum the week before the party, show up, win prizes and then be heard from no more. It's not really fair to members who have been here a while for this to happen.

Stop repeating what I'm sayin...:monkey1

Yeah, last year at the party there were very few winners' whose board names I knew. Lonnie of course won big (Doom PF AP if I recall correctly). Big surprise there.

I'd hardly call these strict and elitist rules....last year there was also a cut off date for new members. I'm sure the party costs a great deal of money...of which I'm assuming Dave and Sideshow pays for. Maybe I'm wrong...but someone's paying for it and it wasn't the freaks. Word gets out that this is a fun party to go to and as Dave posted, there tends to be quite a few people joining before SDCC in hopes to get an invite. I think it's only fair that invites be given to those who've been around the board a bit and if there are extra spaces available, they be given out to the newer members.
Nothing elitist about that. :peace

And let me get this right....you don't want to go to meet the online friends you've made...you'll only go if you are eligible for the prizes??? I would have a cut off date for this reason alone....but that's just me.

Ok, I accept I sounded like a whinny b!4ch in what I posted and I am sorry. I was just very frustrated about not being able to go to the party.
Jen, I feel the need to tell you this in the nicest way possible since you gave me a peace icon:peace but then ended with a ironic remark: No, you didn't get it right. I want to meet my online friends AND I want to participate in the prizes (even if I don't win anything). Why? Very simple. I don't want to feel left out and I don't want to be a half-assed guest at the party. What's wrong with that? I've been collecting and spending a lot of money with Sideshow for a long time, even before joining this boards. And this is a Sideshow Collector's party, right? Now, I didn't know that other people took advantage of this last year and just joined to be able to go to the party and win stuff, but not everyone in this world acts the same way.
Sorry, I just want to feel I'm part of the whole thing. :peace :)

One more thing: After joining this boards and becoming one more of Chris Howe's victims, I feel I have the right to go to this party! LOL!

J/K

Ok, I accept I sounded like a whinny b!4ch in what I posted and I am sorry. I was just very frustrated about not being able to go to the party.
Jen, I feel the need to tell you this in the nicest way possible since you gave me a peace icon:peace but then ended with a ironic remark: No, you didn't get it right. I want to meet my online friends AND I want to participate in the prizes (even if I don't win anything). Why? Very simple. I don't want to feel left out and I don't want to be a half-assed guest at the party. What's wrong with that? I've been collecting and spending a lot of money with Sideshow for a long time, even before joining this boards. And this is a Sideshow Collector's party, right? Now, I didn't know that other people took advantage of this last year and just joined to be able to go to the party and win stuff, but not everyone in this world acts the same way.

But then again, if you were a big Sideshow fan you would know this board exist for at least 4 years.. (even longer if you count EZ board) Why didnt you join before...???

Dave did the right thing.

well lucky for you Dave just said some noobs can go, so quit typing and start rsvp'ing

Back