Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got all 8 movies on my phone and I'm constantly showing people at work snippets from the film. They had to go out and buy it after I showed them the Star destroyer slamming into the force field.

I saw your visitor message lol

but you missed it in this thread. :lol

1n5xli_zpsjovoxay9.gif

I am not saying Leia looks terrible.....I just couldn't figure our why she looked only "85%" to me until now...

Tarkin suffers from the same problem as Young Flynn and Clue in Tron ...the lip sync is too stiff. The mouth movement just feels wrong. It is amazing the level of detail they got on the skin and the loose strands of hair coming off his head......

Blu Ray....amazing.

Funny how you guys will tear apart the SLIGHTEST stitch off on a dollyclothing, but this CGI get a pass from any criticism.....
giphy.gif

Funny how you guys will tear apart the SLIGHTEST stitch off on a dollyclothing...

"Us guys?" I don't think jye even posts in figure threads and I sure haven't complained about any tailoring issues on any figure in...well, I honestly can't remember the last time I complained about any figure, let alone "tore one apart." For me Tarkin's quality goes up and down in the movie. Sometimes he looks fantastic and even passes as a real human and then other times it's all too obvious that he isn't real. Like you said it's probably all the talking that occasionally throws him off. Some of those scenes where he's just standing quietly with his lips pursed, damn, very impressive.

The stand in for Leia actually does have a very round face as well (which xipotec's post ironically proves.) She just has a higher forehead which was covered on set with a wig.

leia-rogue-one-bts-3.jpg

In other news I popped the disc in at 12:30 am last night thinking I'd catch a few minutes of the movie before bed since it's been a week or so since my last viewing. At 2:30 I was lighting a cigarette. When will this movie stop being awesome?

That you Uma Thurman?!? :rotfl

M2UzMTY0NTc0MiMveUcyUVBvZk4tY20xVlpzSDhiZ21RMWhqTUZ3PS8weDMwOjkwMHg1NjAvOTAweDUzMC9maWx0ZXJzOnF1YWxpdHkoNzApL2h0dHA6Ly9zMy5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL3BvbGljeW1pYy1pbWFnZXMvbmd0NG5qb2s2Z2VuaXFza2Mzbmd6Y2g0N2Fqd2J2Z3F5Y2lwdDJyZmFtZ2xmN2JibmhvdWo0Zm11d2ZwaHNrOC5qcGc=.jpg

His last scene...where he screws over Krennic is almost perfect.....uncanny really......

Yeah, I'd say that Tarkin's two best scenes are his first and last. That smug look he gives when Krennic is walking away in the beginning and then right at the very end as you mentioned.

Watching ANH it really is amazing how good a job they did at linking the two movies together. When 3PO says "We're doomed, there'll be no escape for the Princess this time," it really does play as if he was remembering their harrowing escape on Scarif and laments the fact that she can't pull the same trick again.

The Rebel troops on Leia's ship feel like they're braced for Vader to come through the airlock again but he surprises them by sending Stormtroopers instead.

Vader's anger as he storms through the ship, snapping necks of prisoners that he really should be keeping alive for further interrogation, etc., plays like he's furious that he got pulled into Krennic and Tarkin's mess and has to clean it up. The fact that RO depicts Leia as barely slipping through his fingers only compliments his demeanor further. He's so pissed he won't even listen to what he knows to be lies and cuts her off midsentence.

Really hoping that Tarkin gets his due with HT.....now that we are seeing an Emporer....perhaps Tarkin will materialize....

Who would you like to see next from RO

1. Cassian
2. Saw
3. Another Jyn (sigh)
4. Krennic
5 . Tarkin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cassian, Tarkin and Krennic in that order

Not from your list - I'd like to see Bodhi Rook but he probably won't happen.

One of my favorite moments in the movie is on Scarif when the one Stormtrooper witnesses Chirrut Imwe beating on one of his buddies and he goes "WHAT THE...?" His bewilderment is freaking hilarious because they're literally on an uninhabited world with a full and utterly impenetrable planetary shield and suddenly this little Asian dude comes out of the forest with twirling robes and starts beating one of his fellow troopers with a stick. I mean he must have been all "What the actual ****???? How long has HE lived here?!?" :lol

Back