Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

Don't get me wrong, I love a well-choreographed action sequence as much as the next guy. I just need to be invested in the characters and why they're fighting!

Yeah, I'm with you there. I actually think that TFA suffered this as much as Rogue One. None of the pilots were developed in Rogue One at all and in TFA there was really just Poe, and he was not developed to the level of Luke in ANH--that is still to me the most effective space battle as the stakes feel really high every time I watch.

You're not old, the space battles in TPM and ROTS proved that years ago. ;)

Oh man that is just awesome and so very true. :lol

Yeah, I'm with you there. I actually think that TFA suffered this as much as Rogue One. None of the pilots were developed in Rogue One at all and in TFA there was really just Poe, and he was not developed to the level of Luke in ANH--that is still to me the most effective space battle as the stakes feel really high every time I watch.

I agree, TFA failed miserably on that front but not RO for me.

That being said ANH still has the best space assault because of how the stakes were layed out which was just perfect.

The stakes in RO were much better than TFA, not even close really.

Yeah I was pretty surprised that other than the one alien guy TFA literally showed not a single cockpit shot of any pilot being taken out. The one girl pilot kept saying "So and so is down!" but I had no idea who she was talking about and whether it was even a character we'd seen before.

I actually was really rooting for the RO pilots and Raddus though. Loved seeing Red and Gold Leader, was bummed when Blue Leader crashed, found myself cringing for the one guy who couldn't pull up in time as the shield closed, liked the black pilot who took out the Star Destroyer shield tower, I even liked poor original Red Five. :lol

Naboo gungans and humans working together on land, in the city, and in space to stop the evil Trade Federation > m-muh Battle of Scariff

I cried when Jar Jar's friends died in their sacrifice for a better Naboo, just like the poor Ewoks. :( Didn't feel a damn thing when the Bryan Cranston rebel pilot blew up or when the other lame rebels flew into the shield generator thingie.

Also Ric Olie is love, Ric Olie is life.

ric.jpg

Last edited:
Please tell me you're being crowstastic because no way in hell is that mess of a finale from TPM better than the rip roaring finale of RO.

Jye, pls.

Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Darth Maul fighting in the power generator complex > Jinn, Captain Cholo and principle Kenneric climbing up a data tower

Jye, pls.

Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Darth Maul fighting in the power generator complex > Jinn, Captain Cholo and principle Kenneric climbing up a data tower

Honestly their lightsaber battle gets sillier every year that it goes by.

I just watched it today with my son.

If that lightsaber battle loses its shine then that movie is truly finished.

Honestly their lightsaber battle gets sillier every year that it goes by.

I just watched it today with my son.

If that lightsaber battle loses its shine then that movie is truly finished.

Everything I have ever experienced isn't as good as the first time I experienced it. That's life.

I always thought that little lunge thing Obi-Wan did before they jump onto the opposing catwalk was strange. What happened there? A force fart?

Just viewed again and I am bumping up RO to 8/10....

Being comfortable with a snack and my sound system and Plasma made it much better.....My theater screen at the Grand 18 was WAY over contrasted and the sound was terrible....(Who calibrates those things?)

I missed a bunch of stuff they first time around....second time was at a party and honestly it got a little crazy and I was only half paying attention.

Still feel the Vader parts "felt" tacked on.....no doubt that was a late in the game change....

So how many here would still be raving about RO without the Vader finale? Did studio interference actually save the film...?

Oh, I think it was a good move.

It was VERY interesting and disconcerting watching ANH right after RO and realizing they events in RO had just finished happening...really makes ANH feel right in place.....which is something I never thought I would say about this film when it was first announced.

As a side note, I finally realized what bothers me about CGI Leia. Its her overall face shape. Her face is WAY to long compared with Fishers round face. Her chin is totally wrong also ...way too long. The jawline is wrong...the cheeks are too long also. It's weird because the digitally painted her face on another actor.....why not find someone with the same general face shape?

carrie-fisher-e1482486226562.jpg

MAIN-Princess-Leia-changed-name-in-new-Star-Wars (1).jpg

main-qimg-014a5e93a73c137874f11a69dfe18b6b-c.jpg

Back