Robocop (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Atleast you have the Hot Toys figures.

Want to see that movie go down? Play it out with your Keaton and Reeve figures. Hell, you can make it elseworlds and throw Robocop and Terminator in there too.

Yeah, kind of.
Said to see one of our childhood heroes dead and the other as the villainous Version of the Old Man in Robocop.
Although I´d love to see Keaton in an Anniversary Meeting, with Nicholson and Basinger for Batman, same as Fox, Thompson and Lloyd for BTTF, which totally
rocked, by the way.
:rock

But, like you guys said: He still looks great and the interview was funny as ****.
:lol

I got a kick out of this interview,

I guess Keaton told the actor playing Robocop to STFU and stop complaning about his air conditioned Robosuit. :lol

Lot's of great insight in there.

That's hilarious! :lol

And is it me, or does Keaton looks waay better than he did just a few years ago? He seems in great shape!

My wife is not an action movie nut but when they showed the trailer for RoboCop 2014 before Catching Fire she said it "looked really cool and the main guy seems like a really nice guy with a nice family and it'll be sad if he has to lose them." So basically she was more or less on board with what they were presenting.

I finally had her sit down and watch the original (4K of course) last night (which she had never seen) and she was utterly horrified (in a good way, we both watch The Walking Dead regularly) and completely invested in Murphy's character. At the gas station with Emil for instance she was practically shouting, "no, don't freeze up, get him, get him! YES!!" and later she let out an "oh ****!" when the ED-209 appeared in **** Jones' office. :lol

When it was done she couldn't figure out what could possibly benefit from an update (she marveled at Murphy's facial "skin mask") and stated that she couldn't imagine the new one having any impact without the violence. If she is any indication MGM better hope that most people either haven't seen or at most have but a hazy recollection of the original.

Last edited:
Atleast you have the Hot Toys figures.

Want to see that movie go down? Play it out with your Keaton and Reeve figures. Hell, you can make it elseworlds and throw Robocop and Terminator in there too.

someone should make a stop motion movie with the toys :lol

I think i'm going to go play with my Bane, Talia, Codex, Bombur and Tornado figures.
funny-gif-man-jump-out-the-window.gif

:lol

My wife is not an action movie nut but when they showed the trailer for RoboCop 2014 before Catching Fire she said it "looked really cool and the main guy seems like a really nice guy with a nice family and it'll be sad if he has to lose them." So basically she was more or less on board with what they were presenting.

I finally had her sit down and watch the original (4K of course) last night (which she had never seen) and she was utterly horrified (in a good way, we both watch The Walking Dead regularly) and completely invested in Murphy's character. At the gas station with Emil for instance she was practically shouting, "no, don't freeze up, get him, get him! YES!!" and later she let out an "oh ****!" when the ED-209 appeared in **** Jones' office. :lol

When it was done she couldn't figure out what could possibly benefit from an update (she marveled at Murphy's facial "skin mask") and stated that she couldn't imagine the new one having any impact without the violence. If she is any indication MGM better hope that most people either haven't seen or at most have but a hazy recollection of the original.
Any difference with the 4k compared to a normal blu ray version?

Any difference with the 4k compared to a normal blu ray version?

The recent remastered version of Robocop on Blu-ray has a slightly improved picture but also has some contrast issues that have removed some detail, most noticeably the sky/clouds in this shot:

2007 Blu-ray:

https://postimg.org/image/au09jliyz/

2014 Blu-ray:

https://postimg.org/image/7ofnte0cr/

It's also worth mentioning that the new remastered version isn't actually 4K on the Blu-ray disc. It was remastered in 4K and then down-scaled to 1080p. So, you're not actually watching a 4K Blu-ray.

PsychoCenobite :horror

It's also worth mentioning that the new remastered version isn't actually 4K on the Blu-ray disc. It was remastered in 4K and then down-scaled to 1080p. So, you're not actually watching a 4K Blu-ray.

Right. I wasn't suggesting that I had a 4K TV and player and an actual 4K blu-ray. Just that the new blu-ray was transferred from a remastered 4K source.

I'm going to see it just so that I can fantasize about moar Keaton Bruce Wayne, maybe he'll be in jeans and a sweater and i'll have a big grin on my face.

If I happen to get a decent action movie out of it then that's just an added plus. :lol

I seriously do not know what kind of problem you guys have with this.
Ok, they wanna milk a franchise with a new one, so what?
We have seen this so many times before and I was skeptical about this too at first, but...dunno...you guys act like the original's gonna be deleted when this is released so just ease up, be cool about what Padilha said and also what we know 'til now:
We've only seen minutes of the black suit and yeah...I don't like it either, but we also do NOT know how much of it, or the 2 silver versions are going to be in the movie and what the other will look like, but Kinnaman doesn't look too bad and Keaton seems to be great in it.
Oh and for your supposed ED-209 scene which is to fast:
I did see everything good and I liked the idea that he is just faster then the ED's, but those pack more fire power and he loses the fight nevertheless.
So...it all comes to personal opinion either way, but your bashing won't help it, same as with Affleck as Batman.
This movie is coming, deal with it and who knows:
At the end of the day it might be a really good fresh perspective and you guys like it and comparison showings on one's own TV can be entertaining too, right?

:wink1:

Notice how they ended that ED clip with the same scene from Starship Troopers with Johnny Rico riding the top of the big bug and shooting it with his gun.

Back