Original Robocop getting a redone Sequel... wat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need. Redo the dodgy stop motion ed 209 and chimp arms puppet at the end, it's literally perfect.

See, you say that now, but seeing changes made to a movie we've all known and loved for 30 years will just feel wrong. Like in theory, the special editions of Star Wars sounded awesome. But then we got Jedi Rocks and Luke screaming and crap like that.

I love the original and I think it's perfect the way it is.

Also, not sure how "official" or canon this illustration is, but it comes from a Japanese book from 1987 released to tie in with the movie. It shows a cross section of what's supposed to be inside Robo. Not really a lot.

DTDfBmQXkAAnV0q.jpg

I forget if his human brain was supposed to be intact. RoboCain had the human brain. And a toy I had from the 90s had a removable brain, so I don't know if they ever showed it on the Robocop TV series, cause I was so disappointed with the pilot I never watched it again.

I had fun taking all the armor off the figure and taking his brain out. I sold it years ago and kinda regret it now.

ROBOCOP-DOLL-01.jpg

Wasnt the reason using murphy was the previous versions went insane because they just used the brain and couldn't see a face or something?

previous versions
There was no previous versions.
You're talkin' about R2 where they were tryin' to make a new RoboCop.
Deceased police officers they used weren't psychically strong enough to survive the process.
Murphy was a success because of his dedication and strong ethics, which is a rare occasion.

That's bad tho. One MUST watch that scene!
The screaming skull and Old-man's facepalm is one of the most hilarious things ever made. :D

Back