Robocop (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The recent remastered version of Robocop on Blu-ray has a slightly improved picture but also has some contrast issues that have removed some detail, most noticeably the sky/clouds in this shot:

2007 Blu-ray:

https://postimg.org/image/au09jliyz/

2014 Blu-ray:

https://postimg.org/image/7ofnte0cr/

It's also worth mentioning that the new remastered version isn't actually 4K on the Blu-ray disc. It was remastered in 4K and then down-scaled to 1080p. So, you're not actually watching a 4K Blu-ray.

PsychoCenobite :horror
Thanks, I ended up buying it and I think they improved
It's def brighter than the last version

The recent remastered version of Robocop on Blu-ray has a slightly improved picture but also has some contrast issues that have removed some detail, most noticeably the sky/clouds in this shot:

2007 Blu-ray:

https://postimg.org/image/au09jliyz/

2014 Blu-ray:

https://postimg.org/image/7ofnte0cr/

It's also worth mentioning that the new remastered version isn't actually 4K on the Blu-ray disc. It was remastered in 4K and then down-scaled to 1080p. So, you're not actually watching a 4K Blu-ray.

PsychoCenobite :horror

Judging by those two examples, I'm not sure I like the 2014 remastered version. Not only did the increased contrast result in a loss of detail, but it also introduced more noise. That would drive me crazy, especially in the darker scenes. :panic:

Worse than drugs.

axgwgk.jpg

When I watch the trailer for this movie, all I see is a man in a suit. With the original, and Peter Weller's performance, I see something inhuman, that ultimately turns into a man (and his humanity) trying to break through his mechanical exterior.

When I watch the trailer for this movie, all I see is a man in a suit. With the original, and Peter Weller's performance, I see something inhuman, that ultimately turns into a man (and his humanity) trying to break through his mechanical exterior.

And you could see all this in the trailer back then? Or you had to see the movie to relate to the character? ... Just trying to understand if you are comparing a trailer to a full movie where a character evolves...

Pretty much.

And you could see all this in the trailer back then? Or you had to see the movie to relate to the character? ... Just trying to understand if you are comparing a trailer to a full movie where a character evolves...

Well, back then they didn't release 5 different trailers and 10 clips, did they? (Honest question, I was still a baby back then :lol) but in later years, I certainly don't remember that.

Today, we get a good glimpse of what a movie is going to be, give or take, and it looks like besides skipping chest day, Robocop doesn't look like an actual robot imho.

This new Robocop doesn't move like it's robotic either, but I'm not too sure that would work for today's audience anyway.

I am a big fan of old robo and already bought the figure. However, Anyone who seriously thinks that a robo that moved like what it did back then would be accepted today, i think is a bit misplaced. I am not saying that this movie will be better than robocop original, all we have to ask ourselves is, if, we somehow keep the classic in a different bucket and let's say look at the new one in complete isolation... It doesn't seem that bad. They had to make it appeal to the 18-24 of today and they would have probably not seen the old robocop, and many or rather most wont ever.

There are fans of 89 batman,and i am one of them, but let me be honest many youngsters will switch off to it and some will even laugh when compared to the Nolan trilogy. It pains me to accept some of that, but such is life. Now if the new one turns out bad, script, direction and acting wise, i will curse it to death ... however for now, i will watch and then decide.

I just finished watching (in glorious 3D) this generation STM and 89 Batman.

It starts with an A and ends with an S.

I never tire of revisiting this masterpiece.

From the desk of fruitcake videogame designer Hideo Kojima:

Be96559CUAAwB7q.jpg:large

Y'know- I think it's a GREAT idea! Here's a suggestion:

Robopred: "Come quietly or s%^@ will happen!"

I am a big fan of old robo and already bought the figure. However, Anyone who seriously thinks that a robo that moved like what it did back then would be accepted today, i think is a bit misplaced. I am not saying that this movie will be better than robocop original, all we have to ask ourselves is, if, we somehow keep the classic in a different bucket and let's say look at the new one in complete isolation... It doesn't seem that bad. They had to make it appeal to the 18-24 of today and they would have probably not seen the old robocop, and many or rather most wont ever.

There are fans of 89 batman,and i am one of them, but let me be honest many youngsters will switch off to it and some will even laugh when compared to the Nolan trilogy. It pains me to accept some of that, but such is life. Now if the new one turns out bad, script, direction and acting wise, i will curse it to death ... however for now, i will watch and then decide.

Exactly what I mean. :hi5:

That is the dumbest thing I've seen in a very long time. :lol

I'd expect no less from that crazy Japanese man child. :lol

Still though, I'd be down with a Robopred fan film or something. Think about it, a dead pred is revived as a cyborg, working for OCP. Drama starts when the pred starts having visions of his former life of hunting. OCP tries to get rid of Robopred by sending an ED-209, this time being an ED-209/Alien Queen hybrid. Boom! Instant classic!

All they needed to do is keep the characters, suits, and the story exactly the same as the 87 version. Make the same friggen movie but with todays technology and it would be the greatest movie ever. But they basically said "F--- the original movie, comics, and everything else that IS Robocop. We'll just take the name and make our own crap." Well F--- them. I have no interest in seeing that cheesy BS. I was so excited when I first heard they were making a new movie. And now... this crap disappoints me so bad it pisses me off. :mad:

Ill be a Robocop fan for life. But this new stuff is not Robocop to me.

Back