46 Movie Remakes in the Works list

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read that the new Star Trek film as well as Pixar's UP! and Terminator Salvation will all getting much needed reboots , since they are still in the theatres! :monkey3

The Shadow

This writer quite liked Alec Baldwin and Russell Mulchaly’s 1990s take on The Shadow. It was no masterpiece, but it was, nonetheless, a bit of a hoot. Producer Michael Uslan, however, is bringing the franchise back to the silver screen, and he’s apparently working closer to the comic book and radio series roots of the character. No cast or director has yet been announced.

The Phantom

Brought to the screen in 1996 with Billy Zane hiding behind the purple mask, the attempt to make a major blockbuster franchise out of The Phantom wasn’t, it’s fair to say, a successful one. However, writer Tim Boyle is hard at work on penning a remake/reboot that will take a fresh look at the character. No word on Zane’s involvement, but this might be one of those cases where a fresh cast really wouldn’t hurt…

While I liked the 90's films, new ones might get us some good 1/6 figures.

“Don't Look Now”, 1973, considered one of the scariest and sexiest films is getting the remake treatment... :banghead :banghead :banghead

if you were to to go by what you read on this board you would think that Hollywood just started doing remakes in the last couple of years. Hollywood has always done remakes and they've done a lot of them - they may not always have the same name as the original but there are a number of old remakes.

I know it's easy to get caught up in the "all Hollywood does now is recycle" hyperbole but honestly this has been going on for longer than we would care to remember.

while most of these movies will likely suck every once in awhile we will get a good remake, lets all remember that the Thing was a remake and it was awesome.

Back