Robocop (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goddamn it is Rising. There is no "Cop" in this at all. They should of just called it "Cybernetic Ninja with Fleshy Hand."

What I liked about the original was that Robocop and ED 209 were on pretty equal footing... that is until ED encountered a staircase :rotfl

Rubbercrap seems to be on a whole new level over these EDs. They just should of given him a sword, I know they wanted to :lol

Okay I broke down and watched this clip as my daughter was getting ready for school and halfway through she annoyingly asked, "Are you playing a video game!?"

:lol :rotfl

I was definitely expecting worse though. You guys made it sound like he was just jumping around like a CG frog the whole time. Yeah there was the one running and jumping maneuver but I've seen a CG Legolas do that so many times now I didn't even blink. Him standing in the blind spot of one ED while the other shot it up was actually pretty cool IMO. Guess I'm on track to be the apologist for this movie. :lol

No you're not. There's nothing wrong with seeing actually good ideas or positive sides of those in overall terrible piece.
*me liking Avatar, others liking PR and DaHobbit, etc*

Of course it's all about your personal measurement and experience, but that'd be purely subjective.

For me those recent clips made me willing to give it a chance again. I thought they were better than that training clip.

Same.

The only one that I thought sucked was the training clip, mostly because of the choice in music. Everything else seems to be fine. Even though I don't like that type of "action" in the clip above, it's pretty much the norm now with big action set pieces so that's mostly my problem. I prefer slower, nitty gritty brawls or shootouts, not this hyper action where everyone seems like they're on a strong high. I think it looks like a video game, but then again we're in a time where games are looking more and more realistic with this fast paced, kinetic action.

Focusing on Clarence Broddicker getting thrown through plate glass and being strangled slowly does more for me than *whooooosh, flip, flip, BLAM, BLAM, BAM, WHOOOOM*. I don't know, it just feels more real. I'd almost relate it to the sword fighting in the Original Trilogy vs. Prequel. I prefer the slower fighting style in the originals compared to the super fast **** that went on in the prequels. I just couldn't handle that ****, especially with Yoda. With this fast paced stuff I can't help but over think the impossible reaction time and reflexes these things would take, from this Robocop, to Anakin, to a Transformer to Legloas. It's like seeing a fighter pilot fly at break neck speed in an impossible labrynith of canyon, being shot at, WHILE on crack. :lol

Very true. In this day and age people aren't allowed to like or dislike things based on their own personal preferences. You're either an apologist or hater and nothing in between.

Stupid thing is, nobody has bloody seen the movie yet. Any opinion on this movie is shallow at present.

Of course, there are some who will stick to their preconceived opinions of the movie, even after seeing it and realising it's actually better/worse than they decided it would be.

I got a kick out of this interview,

I guess Keaton told the actor playing Robocop to STFU and stop complaning about his air conditioned Robosuit. :lol

Lot's of great insight in there.

Last edited:
Same.

The only one that I thought sucked was the training clip, mostly because of the choice in music. Everything else seems to be fine. Even though I don't like that type of "action" in the clip above, it's pretty much the norm now with big action set pieces so that's mostly my problem. I prefer slower, nitty gritty brawls or shootouts, not this hyper action where everyone seems like they're on a strong high. I think it looks like a video game, but then again we're in a time where games are looking more and more realistic with this fast paced, kinetic action.

Focusing on Clarence Broddicker getting thrown through plate glass and being strangled slowly does more for me than *whooooosh, flip, flip, BLAM, BLAM, BAM, WHOOOOM*. I don't know, it just feels more real. I'd almost relate it to the sword fighting in the Original Trilogy vs. Prequel. I prefer the slower fighting style in the originals compared to the super fast **** that went on in the prequels. I just couldn't handle that ****, especially with Yoda. With this fast paced stuff I can't help but over think the impossible reaction time and reflexes these things would take, from this Robocop, to Anakin, to a Transformer to Legloas. It's like seeing a fighter pilot fly at break neck speed in an impossible labrynith of canyon, being shot at, WHILE on crack. :lol

This is a classic even amongst your classics. :lol

I guess Keaton told the actor playing Robocop to STFU and stop complaning about his air conditioned Robosuit. :lol

What I got out of this is that SS should sculpt a big gap between the cowl and his face with the head turn they gave him on their PF. :lol

That looked straight out of Metal Gear Rising! Dayumm..

Which isn't a good thing at all. :lol

What I liked about the original was that Robocop and ED 209 were on pretty equal footing... that is until ED encountered a staircase :rotfl

Rubbercrap seems to be on a whole new level over these EDs. They just should of given him a sword, I know they wanted to :lol

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:rotfl

Keaton vid

He has not aged horribly. Only he wouldn't he could totally play Batman again in a revisit to the Burton-verse continuity.

He has not aged horribly. Only he wouldn't he could totally play Batman again in a revisit to the Burton-verse continuity.

Especially if they did a Dark Knight Returns storyline. But with no Reeve Superman, and Burton a pale imitation of himself nowadays, it wouldn't work.

Especially if they did a Dark Knight Returns storyline. But with no Reeve Superman, and Burton a pale imitation of himself nowadays, it wouldn't work.

:(

Oh the things that can never be. I wonder what Reeve would have looked like now if not for both the paralysis and dying (obviously).

:(

Oh the things that can never be. I wonder what Reeve would have looked like now if not for both the paralysis and dying (obviously).

I'd imagine a lot like his counterpart looked in The Dark Knight Returns. He didn't seem the type to yodify in the face so I'd imagine a few "wisdom" lines and grey hair. It would've been perfect! :(

Back