Robocop (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All they needed to do is keep the characters, suits, and the story exactly the same as the 87 version. Make the same friggen movie but with todays technology and it would be the greatest movie ever. But they basically said "F--- the original movie, comics, and everything else that IS Robocop. We'll just take the name and make our own crap." Well F--- them. I have no interest in seeing that cheesy BS. I was so excited when I first heard they were making a new movie. And now... this crap disappoints me so bad it pisses me off. :mad:

Ill be a Robocop fan for life. But this new stuff is not Robocop to me.

****ing A! Exactly how i feel about it, next we'll see the Escape from NY reeboot :slap

This new Robocop doesn't move like it's robotic either, but I'm not too sure that would work for today's audience anyway.

To be fair I think the only reason the original Robocop moved slowly was due to technological restraints, he had to wear that actual suit which would limit his movement, and without the aid of current CGI, having him move like Iron Man would have been a no-go

It works well for the movie though

All they needed to do is keep the characters, suits, and the story exactly the same as the 87 version. Make the same friggen movie but with todays technology and it would be the greatest movie ever. But they basically said "F--- the original movie, comics, and everything else that IS Robocop. We'll just take the name and make our own crap." Well F--- them. I have no interest in seeing that cheesy BS. I was so excited when I first heard they were making a new movie. And now... this crap disappoints me so bad it pisses me off. :mad:

Oh please, I actually laughed when I read this, such an emotinal rant over a film

You have no idea what 'they' said about the original film to even factor that into this kind of statement.

I love Robocop, more than you? Less than you? Who knows, who cares? But either way I'm still ready to see this and decide if I like it or not

The idea of Robocop and corporate greed, capitilism etc is probably more relevant now than it was in teh 80's, so hopefully they inject that theme into this film

Sure, we can watch the original, but I know about 10 people off the bat who haven't seen it and won't see it because it's 'old'

That's a small number but there are most likely a lot of people like that. Yes, they're idiots, I know, but what are ya gonna do?

I'm going to see it just so that I can fantasize about moar Keaton Bruce Wayne, maybe he'll be in jeans and a sweater and i'll have a big grin on my face.

If I happen to get a decent action movie out of it then that's just an added plus. :lol
So.. basically, you'll be envisioning an old Bruce Wayne - back in the saddle, dealing with another over the top contrasting character; this time it being RubberCopy & the Tin Can Menace. :yess:

To be fair I think the only reason the original Robocop moved slowly was due to technological restraints, he had to wear that actual suit which would limit his movement, and without the aid of current CGI, having him move like Iron Man would have been a no-go

It works well for the movie though

Works extremely well indeed!

The new dude moves like Michael Jackson in Beat It.

So.. basically, you'll be pretending he's an old Bruce Wayne - back in the saddle, dealing with another over the top contrasting character; this time it being RubberCopy & the Tin Menace. :yess:

I'll make believe OCP is really Wayne Enterprises working under cover to get Superman's attention with his Rubber Warrior.

So don't ****ing watch it. I doesn't change the original movie, jeez.

Oh please, I actually laughed when I read this, such an emotinal rant over a film

You have no idea what 'they' said about the original film to even factor that into this kind of statement.

I love Robocop, more than you? Less than you? Who knows, who cares? But either way I'm still ready to see this and decide if I like it or not

The idea of Robocop and corporate greed, capitilism etc is probably more relevant now than it was in teh 80's, so hopefully they inject that theme into this film

Sure, we can watch the original, but I know about 10 people off the bat who haven't seen it and won't see it because it's 'old'

That's a small number but there are most likely a lot of people like that. Yes, they're idiots, I know, but what are ya gonna do?

We're a dying breed, those who watch a movie before deciding to hate it.

Sometimes you dont have to see a movie to know you wont enjoy it, experience with having seen many ****ty movies has given me a good
sense of judgement. I know a crappy movie when i see one, the trailers alone show very little promise. I'm not saying someone else
can't like it but there's no point in pretending anymore that this movie is going to be anything but sub-par. I do like the 1.0 suit design though.

The problem with reboots, remakes and franchise movies is people are going to see them, even if they hate everything about it.

Going to see a movie you hate the look of not because you want to but because you have a loyalty urge to is silly, imo.

90% of those who hate what they've seen are going in waiting for the credits to role so they can report back on how bad it was.

Going in ready and prepared to hate what you see makes the movie itself almost irrelevant, negative opinion was made and cemented prior to seeing it.

The movie could be crap or could be good, it's wide open. What's sad is most won't judge the movie on its own merit but as a comparison to a classic that could never be outdone. It seems it either has to be better than the original or it's a complete and utter disaster, no middle ground. That's giving it zero chance.

Last edited:
Be_M5fMCIAAEqZH.jpg:large

The movie could be crap or could be good, it's wide open. What's sad is most won't judge the movie on its own merit but as a comparison to a classic that could never be outdone. It seems it either has to be better than the original or it's a complete and utter disaster, no middle ground. That's giving it zero chance.

The problem with kids today. They have absolutely zero respect for anything. :tap

The problem with reboots, remakes and franchise movies is people are going to see them, even if they hate everything about it.

Going to see a movie you hate the look of not because you want to but because you have a loyalty urge to is silly, imo.

90% of those who hate what they've seen are going in waiting for the credits to role so they can report back on how bad it was.

Going in ready and prepared to hate what you see makes the movie itself almost irrelevant, negative opinion was made and cemented prior to seeing it.

It's hard looking away from a trainwreak :lol

Back