Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the new predators movie!

wow. i'm glad you people will never be in charge of casting movies.
no imagination at all and no ability to think outside the Arnold box.

100% agreed surely the ability to act outweighs the width of your arm...

I'm going to completely agree with this as well.

I'm really looking forward to a WELL ACTED new PREDATOR movie with some new Pred designs.

i guess they will learn from their previous mistakes.im really waiting for the designs too

I don't have a problem with Adrien Brody
I think he's a great actor, The Pianist was excellent

i think he will be a pleasant surprise..i like his acting and he can do a great job.did he win an oscar? i cant remember right now

Yes, he won an Oscar for Best Actor for The Pianist. I like him. I am just concerned about how well he'll fit into a Predator action/sci-fi movie. But maybe he will suprise us all. We'll see...

He was running from the Germans now he will run from the new preds LOL

Even do he had an oscar for the pianist..
They just shouldn't make some sort of remake.
Let us just hope for another Predator movie, not some sort of weird remake kind of movie.. right?
I will be cool if Arnold has an Cameo... but How??
In Pred 2 they said ''their were 2 survivors etc etc''
So if Arnold is making a cameo and he is most likely on that predator planet and the new preds movie should play between the pred 1 and pred 2 movies then the special team in Pred 2 didn't know about it? kinda weird..

Even do he had an oscar for the pianist..
They just shouldn't make some sort of remake.
Let us just hope for another Predator movie, not some sort of weird remake kind of movie.. right?
I will be cool if Arnold has an Cameo... but How??
In Pred 2 they said ''their were 2 survivors etc etc''
So if Arnold is making a cameo and he is most likely on that predator planet and the new preds movie should play between the pred 1 and pred 2 movies then the special team in Pred 2 didn't know about it? kinda weird..

I think there will be some scenes on Earth. Maybe in the beginning when Predators are kidnapping the humans. Perhaps even the end will be on Earth, because they find some way to get back :dunno

And nobody knows what the cameo is going to be... Maybe it's just a glimpse on a TV for that matter.

As for Pred 2, I heard this was going to take place after Predator, and pretty much ignores P2 and those AVP movies.

The story is so weird,Predator Planet,kidnaping people for hunt,Predog and birds..but still very exsited to see this movie,its going to be interesting.

Yes, he won an Oscar for Best Actor for The Pianist. I like him. I am just concerned about how well he'll fit into a Predator action/sci-fi movie. But maybe he will suprise us all. We'll see...
as has been pointed out several times before - Brody has already done action movies. he can do them with his eyes closed.
he's won several awards for his acting talent. Arnold is just a celebrity with muscles and always plays himself.
i really doubt Brody will have any trouble playing a believable character in a Predator sequel.
this is the kind of thing he does for fun/money in between winning more oscars.

personally, i'll be glad to watch an action/scifi movie without being distracted by laughing at Arnold again.

Unfortunately this movie sounds like its going to be ............ TRASH!!!:mad:

I'm glad there seems to be some effort being put into this movie but still.... its going to take alot to get this to work.

Its sad but Aliens, Predators, Terminators, Freddy, Cenobites etc etc they were all amazing creations with tremendous wow factor. After all being flogged to death in countless sequels, they've lost that wow factor and no amount of re imagings, remakes or direct sequels will ever bring the magic back...:monkey1

Its sad but Aliens, Predators, Terminators, Freddy, Cenobites etc etc they were all amazing creations with tremendous wow factor. After all being flogged to death in countless sequels, they've lost that wow factor and no amount of re imagings, remakes or direct sequels will ever bring the magic back...:monkey1

Bolded, VERY TRUE..

Tho I believe that proper sequel, quality movie, could bring the magic of any of these creatures....Problem is, it seems like making a good movie is much harder these days then it was 20 years ago..
I think that people have too much money, budget it too big, and they don't know what to do with it, so they spen all to make visual impressive, but don't pay attention to story..

Bolded, VERY TRUE..

Tho I believe that proper sequel, quality movie, could bring the magic of any of these creatures....Problem is, it seems like making a good movie is much harder these days then it was 20 years ago..
I think that people have too much money, budget it too big, and they don't know what to do with it, so they spen all to make visual impressive, but don't pay attention to story..

It's likely that people today have also seen a lot more than those in the past.

Having seen so much, it takes something special to wow them again. :eek:

I can see Brody pulling this off.

Gopher Trace does suck though. I hope he gets roundhouse decapitated by a Pred.

I can't believe it, this has to be a bad joke.:(

Actually on reading that maybe its not as bad had i feared. When I saw the word 'Predog' I thought of a stupid dreadlocked mandible-having poodle :D But the idea of Preds using hunting dogs/animals isnt that bad as long as the design is kept far away from the Predator look. Aside from some trophies or marking that can be attributed to Preds applying things to them.

Grace is weird on paper, but making him the unassuming serial killer type is reasonably believable. And Trejo...he's been known to blind people with sheer awesomeness! Which can be a tough cross to bear, believe me, I know. :cool:

I won't lie, I'm a Rodriguez fanboy at the best of times, and I probably don't need to point out I have a soft spot for predators as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back