Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe there are 6 in total now, one is good but i kinda have my doubts about that one. The rest are all bad, even the 3/5 called the movie lame.

Yeah I have seen them now.

Oh well, I guess I will be going to see this with lowered expectations. I never thought it was going to be a classic anyway

Before you drop judgement on me, I meant I'll wait until there's a review I can actually read before I worry about the film. it's so nice how you seem to set upon high and pass your wisdom down on those you see below you. I'm here to talk about the film and that's it so maybe you should reserve comments like that!

If you were talking about the language fine but questioning the validity of a review because it's not american is ignorant. Again, if it is purely the reading aspect i apologize.

They dodge some nasty traps in the jungle, similar to what Dutch was setting up for the predator in the original and when they get past them they find this guy. They assume that he built the traps, and was killed by something that didnt trip any of them. (Yes, he was probably prey on the earlier hunts.)

Cool - thanks for the info fawk3s!

If you were talking about the language fine but questioning the validity of a review because it's not american is ignorant. Again, if it is purely the reading aspect i apologize.

My bad, i definately didn't mean any offense to the French, I just meant I'll wait until I see a review in English (would have been a better choice of words in this situation).

I dont go online for a day and miss loads! Have there even been pre shows for critics?

Granted I'm not sure how the whole movie premiere process works but I just read that the premiere will be July 7th in Texas. So if the premiere is the 7th then how are people in France seeing the film and reviewing it so soon? Wouldn't there be US reviews going up before or at least aound the same time the French reviews are being posted? Something doesn't seem right, even for the lone US review.

Granted I'm not sure how the whole movie premiere process works but I just read that the premiere will be July 7th in Texas. So if the premiere is the 7th then how are people in France seeing the film and reviewing it so soon? Wouldn't there be US reviews going up before or at least aound the same time the French reviews are being posted? Something doesn't seem right, even for the lone US review.

It was a press screening. And the reviews are legit.

I was hoping the Epinion review was legit (since it makes Predators out to be good - 4/5 stars) but for it to get that kind of review and the French reviews to be 1/2 - 1 star seems like a huge difference of opinion. I've saw that the Epinions review was from a private screening but even then wouldn't there be more than one critic there?

Something just seems off to me on these reviews. I guess I just want to hold on to the hope that all of us have about this film being a great redemption movie for the Predator line.

Since when does anybody care what the French think? :dunno

As opposed to whom, americans....pfffffft? Who the hell cares about national identity, i care about the opinions of thinking people wether they are; french, dutch, american or just consider themselves HUMAN BEINGS like myself.

tn2_jean_reno_2.jpg

mmm french fries

Which are now just "fries." :lol

As opposed to whom, americans....pfffffft? Who the hell cares about national identity, i care about the opinions of thinking people wether they are; french, dutch, american or just consider themselves HUMAN BEINGS like myself.

I understand. But the French have strong anti-American sentiments. I've experienced it personally. And basing it off that, I really could give two ____s or a ____ what some Frenchman thinks about an American picture. It's sad that I feel that way but some would just hate it purely for the sake that it's an American film.

Ah, good ol' Jean Reno. Frenchman w/American, antihero attitude. ;)

I was hoping the Epinion review was legit (since it makes Predators out to be good - 4/5 stars) but for it to get that kind of review and the French reviews to be 1/2 - 1 star seems like a huge difference of opinion.

Probably because that Epinion review is 100% fake. Look at when that "review" came out: June 22, 2010. NO ONE else had any type of review at that time. So to believe it, you'd have to believe (like you said) that wlswarts (the reviewer) magically got a private pre-screening all to himself. It's BS.

That Fubar basically reviewed the trailers. :lol

No, I'm really not down on this movie and I still have a good feeling about it. We'll find out real soon!

Probably because that Epinion review is 100% fake. Look at when that "review" came out: June 22, 2010. NO ONE else had any type of review at that time. So to believe it, you'd have to believe (like you said) that wlswarts (the reviewer) magically got a private pre-screening all to himself. It's BS.

That Fubar basically reviewed the trailers. :lol

The weird part is, he's a professional reviewer, and one of the guys discussed weather or not the review was real.

I still didnt buy it. As much as i'm looking forward to this movie, the only people that have seen it are the cast and crew. I dont think the "Whore of a film" dude saw it either.

But then again.....the critic screening should start soon, if not now. :dunno

Could be real.

The weird part is, he's a professional reviewer

No he's not.

As a writer, I'm using ePinions as a way to express myself while I await my inevitable rise to commercial success. Or commercial adequacy. Or even just selling more than my two novels. Sigh.

He's a novelist. And even on Epinions he's rated as a top reviewer of music. Not films. He does reviews on there for self-promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back