Return of the Jedi Missing Lightsaber Scene

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't get over what a hack piece that Cinema Blend article is. Either do your homework & research and know what you're talking about... or keep your damned yap shut. FOUR updates the first day that article was posted. Yeah... that chucklehead sure knows what he's talking about. What is more likely? That Hamill simply didn't remember the scene... or that Lucas has conjured a cosmic conspiracy to pass off new footage as old (complete with apparently shooting it on old Kodak film stock) that would make Oliver Stone chuckle? :lol At worst, it's a Hamill stand-in that was filmed in 1982. I know for sure that background (where 3P0 is standing) is Death Valley... and it was filmed in the same canyon where the shot of the droids walking towards Jabba's Palace was filmed.

Also laughable: all of the people dissecting footage they've seen only through a cam-vid bootleg on YouTube and making final judgments based on that. Stuff like this is good to remind you how retarded the internet can be at times.

Internet wouldn't be so retarded if it weren't for all the people. :lol

I recall reading in the original novel for "Return Of The Jedi" that Luke built his green lightsaber inside Obi-Wan's house on Tattooine. Not some indescript cave on the way to Jabba's palace.

He isn't building it in the cave. He's just tinkering with it before he hides it in R2.

I thought that one shot was really cool for the way it paralleled Leia and R2 in the Tantive corridor.

I didn't say that Luke "built it in a cave". I said when I read the novel as a teenager in the early 1980s, that I recall there was a scene in the book where Luke built his green lightsaber inside Obi-Wan's house. I even remember him having trouble getting the crystal set just right inside the handle. I think it is a "stand-in" for Mark Hamill. I trust his memory that he could recall filming that scene, and he has said that he didn't. I think at Celebration V he had to "play nice" with George and go along so that the presentation of the scene worked well with the crowd there. Hey we're all entitled to our opinions. Either way, even if Hamill didn't do the scene, it'll still be cool to have it in a deleted scenes section of the Blu-Ray for ROTJ next fall. Yes, I will buy it, and all of the other 5 Star Wars movies on Blu-Ray. :wave

I didn't say that Luke "built it in a cave". I said when I read the novel as a teenager in the early 1980s, that I recall there was a scene in the book where Luke built his green lightsaber inside Obi-Wan's house. I even remember him having trouble getting the crystal set just right inside the handle. I think it is a "stand-in" for Mark Hamill. I trust his memory that he could recall filming that scene, and he has said that he didn't. I think at Celebration V he had to "play nice" with George and go along so that the presentation of the scene worked well with the crowd there. Hey we're all entitled to our opinions. Either way, even if Hamill didn't do the scene, it'll still be cool to have it in a deleted scenes section of the Blu-Ray for ROTJ next fall. Yes, I will buy it, and all of the other 5 Star Wars movies on Blu-Ray. :wave

I'm thinking there was a bit in shadows of the empire - the comics?

Once again

Actor Mark Hamill came out to describe the scene, remarking that once again his original introduction in a Star Wars film was cut out (his Anchorhead introduction was, of course, cut from A New Hope). Luke's intro is purposely played as ominous, with his face cowled in shadows and his intentions unclear."I had the black cloak, the glove, and I thought, wow, this time around I get to be the antagonist. Little did I know I was predicting the path of the prequels," said Hamill, noting the similarities to Luke in this scene and Anakin Skywalker's appearance.
Also..

"In the book The Making of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi by John Phillip Peecher there's a small passage that reads: Mark Hamill is coming back for one day of shooting later this month [November] to do the scene where he builds his new lasersword..."
This is also they guy's response to the interview/vid you posted.

"It is important to note that my questions pertained to events that took place more than 25 years ago, the atmosphere of the convention was a very distracting one, and Mr. Hamill spoke with many, many fans at that point in the day, so his statements are merely a first blush reaction to events that took place (or did not take place) quite some time ago."

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/jKdWtBOM0J0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

Last edited:
Alls ya do is click on embed and copy and paste here
:goodpost::clap:panic::yess:
<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/W5Xg0vvKeXo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

Looks great, but the idiot filming it sounds more like he's having sex than watching a deleted scene (which he won't let us hear with his moaning), which is more than a little disturbing.

Looks great, but the idiot filming it sounds more like he's having sex than watching a deleted scene (which he won't let us hear with his moaning), which is more than a little disturbing.

Here you go....Enjoy!

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/OQSNhk5ICTI?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/OQSNhk5ICTI?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Freaking hilarious!:rotfl

"What does it mean?"

It means there's TWO pots of gold over the hill there dumbass. Stop yer weapin' and bring your backpack...before the little green men with the shamrocks get you.

Not only was the "Luke" in that scene a stand-in, but the Mark Hamill at CV was a look-a-like actor hired by Lucas to help sell us on this so called "deleted scene"! :panic: :fart

Not only was the "Luke" in that scene a stand-in, but the Mark Hamill at CV was a look-a-like actor hired by Lucas to help sell us on this so called "deleted scene"! :panic: :fart

yes... and after CV, the same dude was able to convince Hot Toys to include a falcon with the Falconer Predator.

Last edited:
Back