Return of the Jedi Missing Lightsaber Scene

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hamill (or whoever else says that none of it was ever filmed) is wrong. At least some of that scene WAS filmed. I've seen stills.

And there are 1 or 2 other cut scenes that will appear on the Blu-ray release that will make jaws drop even more than this.

Irish, are there going to be new deleted/extended scenes from the prequels as well?

Restoring the OT would be too expensive for a franchise that brings in billions of dollars? ____ you, Lucas.

What I like most about the lightsaber scene is that it serves as a nice bridge between the ending of TESB and the rest of ROTJ.

Hopefully other scenes included on the Blu-ray set will be:

1. The ANH Tatooine scenes featured in the "Behind the Magic" CD-ROM (Camie, Fixer, Biggs, and Han's girlfriend "Jenny".)

2. Luke force leaping and grabbing the grating above the Rancor pit

3. The ROTJ sandstorm scene

4. Luke kicking his lightsaber to Vader while hiding on the DSII.

And most of all:

5. The Hoth subplot with the captured Wampas in Echo Base

:horror

I'd forgotten about that! I definitely want to see it. Don't they break into Echo Base and kill some of the Tauntauns or something?

They seal off the room that they capture them in and when Han, Leia, and 3P0 are on the run from the snowtroopers Han almost runs into it-- There's a sign on the door warning about the wampas and after they continue down another corridor 3P0 removes the sign in the hopes that the snowtroopers go in (which they do)--- keystone cops at its fullest (with wampas being gorillas).

460-deleted-scene-135_1274480968.jpg

A lookalike maybe? Digital effect? Maybe it even is Mark himself from stock footage of Luke in Jabba's palace edited into the shot with a stand in acting as his hands.
Im just doubtful that the scene as it is was shot this way and we are just seeing it now.

I read somewhere today that Mark says he never shot that scene.

I found this short video of someone asking him about it at SDCC 09. Here's what he had to say in this YouTube video about it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XczClAxhCEM&playnext=1&videos=ebzkveSdj_U

I trust him that he can recall after all this time all of the scenes that he had filmed for the original trilogy. He even says that the shot at the end of The Empire Strikes Back where he gets his robotic right hand...wasn't his hand...but a "stand-in" hand shot in "pick-up" scenes later on. I recall reading in the original novel for "Return Of The Jedi" that Luke built his green lightsaber inside Obi-Wan's house on Tattooine. Not some indescript cave on the way to Jabba's palace.

They seal off the room that they capture them in and when Han, Leia, and 3P0 are on the run from the snowtroopers Han almost runs into it-- There's a sign on the door warning about the wampas and after they continue down another corridor 3P0 removes the sign in the hopes that the snowtroopers go in (which they do)--- keystone cops at its fullest (with wampas being gorillas).

460-deleted-scene-135_1274480968.jpg

Whoa! This photo I took at CV of a fan made diorama makes so much more sense now! :D

44544_418065782022_502627022_5217901_458663_n.jpg

Yeah, I knew about that scene for many years! Anthony Daniels said in one interview he'd hoped that it would remain in the movie. Giving one little mischevious scene for him that made him chuckle. But then I guess Treepio "would never" do anything like ripping off the warning sticker...now would he? :wink1: I think it would have been good to see it in the movie. It'll still be cool to finally see it in a deleted scenes section on the TESB Blu-Ray next fall! :yess:

I just think having a large number of wampas running around would kind of ruin the impact of Luke's scene with the wampa. But it would be a fun scene to see.

Wampas running amok sounds pretty good to me. All I'm for it. And I like the idea of 3PO being a little michievious.

I ran across another interesting article online about this new "discovered" lightsaber scene from ROTJ. Check out this link at the Cinema Blend website:

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Los...Be-Fake-George-Lucas-Is-An-_______-20198.html

:horror Shocking to say the least! If Mark Hamill doesn't remember doing it, yet Anthony Daniels does....I think there was a Luke Skywalker "stand-in" that day. Hmmmm....makes me wonder. :wink1:

Back