Silent Hill 2 film official.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasmid303

Super Freak
Reaction score
I liked the first one. The sequel was rumored to be under development for a while now, but it is now official. Oh, btw, the director of the first film is likely not returning for the sequel.

Kotaku said:
Writer Roger Avary and producer Samuel Hadida are returning to Silent Hill for Silent Hill 2. The two worked together on the 2006 prequel, which grossed nearly $100 million worldwide.

The Hollywood Reporter reports that filming will begin next year after Hadida and his studio Davis Films finishes Resident Evil: Afterlife with Milla Jovovich.

Earlier this Spring, actor Radha Mitchell — who starred in the first film — stated that the first film's director Christophe Gans most likely wasn't attached to the sequel. "A shame because he's a nutter but he's so passionate about the game," says Mitchell. "I think he should do it if they do it again."

Samuel Hadida has produced the Resident Evil films as well as True Romance. Avary, who won an Oscar with Quentin Tarantino for the Pulp Fiction screenplay, is also working on the film version of Return to Castle Wolfenstein for Hadida's production company.

In January 2008, Avary was involved in a car accident which saw his wife hospitalized and his friend, 34-year-old Andreas Zini, killed. The director entered his plea in a Ventura, California court in late August. He will be sentenced on September 29 and is currently free on bail. And next year, Silent Hill 2 will begin filming.

https://kotaku.com/5360270/silent-hill-2-movie-official

500x_silent_hill.jpg

Last edited:
i didnt really like the first one, i hate it when they take movies based off of games but the movies end up being nothing like the games. if they want to call it Silent Hill, then they should at least have something similar to the game, if they want to do something completely different from the games, then why name it so? the title of the game brings people in to expect something similar to the game.

The ending of the first one was just so random, maybe going into this sequel with low expectations will make it better :confused: im curious to see what will happen though.

The first one was VERY creepy and kept with the tone of the games. I would see a sequel if it is anywhere near as good as the first

they could very easily use the plot from the second game for this movie. a few changes obviously but they could set it up so Sean Beans character takes the place of James in that he receives a mysterious letter from his "dead" wife, telling him to come to silent hill.

they could very easily use the plot from the second game for this movie. a few changes obviously but they could set it up so Sean Beans character takes the place of James in that he receives a mysterious letter from his "dead" wife, telling him to come to silent hill.

Yeah I was just thinking that. In fact, reading this makes me want to bust out the original game and play through.

never cared much for the first one, but i did like the skin ripping and split in two by barbed wire scenes :D

btw, isn't roger avary on trial or something for manslaughter? :confused:

I really liked the first one. I thought it was better than the Resident Evil movies. I would be down for a second.

i didnt really like the first one, i hate it when they take movies based off of games but the movies end up being nothing like the games. if they want to call it Silent Hill, then they should at least have something similar to the game, if they want to do something completely different from the games, then why name it so? the title of the game brings people in to expect something similar to the game.

I disagree. I was actually surprised to see how much the first movie stayed true to the plot of the original game. They took a few liberties, sure, but overall it was about as close to the game's story as any other videogame-based movie has been to date.

We had normal, snowy and dark Silent Hill, the whole Alessa/Cheryl storyline, the hospital and nurses, etc... The only difference that upset me was when Cybil Bennet was killed in the movie (quite gruesomely, I might add), whereas she survived in the good ending of the game.

I, for one, look forward to the sequel and also hope that they base the story off of Silent Hill 2 as well.

I really liked the first one. I've never played the games so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. If the 2nd is as good as the first, I'll be happy.

liked the first one.
look forward to seeing what comes from a sequel.
Wish they could attach the same director..... I think he had a lot to do with it.

Back