Silent Hill 2 film official.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone who has played the games fill me in on Pyramid Head's role or purpose in the games?

Long story short: Phead was the physical manifestion of a character named James In SH2 who had serious guilt ridden feelings regarding his wife. In one point in the game, he sees an image of an old Silent Hill executoner and takes that image and it ends up representing the characters feelings toward himself. (phead is seen going after James primarily)

Silent hill originally had no underground coal mines and all that. Its deserted because the characters enter a type of altered reality...this is loosely tied to Alessa...only explanation fans' have been sorta given to explain why there is an altered reality to start.....caused by the pain Alessa endured...they have gotten away from that now.

Interesting tidbit on the movie: Gans wanted to have the final battle be a bunch of Pheads attacking the Cult, but cut it due to time/budget issues. And the movie studio wanted the husband character in the movie as they didnt feel a woman could carry it alone...sad, but true!

Long story short: Phead was the physical manifestion of a character named James In SH2 who had serious guilt ridden feelings regarding his wife. In one point in the game, he sees an image of an old Silent Hill executoner and takes that image and it ends up representing the characters feelings toward himself. (phead is seen going after James primarily)

Silent hill originally had no underground coal mines and all that. Its deserted because the characters enter a type of altered reality...this is loosely tied to Alessa...only explanation fans' have been sorta given to explain why there is an altered reality to start.....caused by the pain Alessa endured...they have gotten away from that now.

Interesting tidbit on the movie: Gans wanted to have the final battle be a bunch of Pheads attacking the Cult, but cut it due to time/budget issues. And the movie studio wanted the husband character in the movie as they didnt feel a woman could carry it alone...sad, but true!

That would have been awesome :rock:rock:rock:rock

ok, yeah, the monsters were pretty good and creepy,and the atmosphere for the most part was good, but the 2nd half of that movie,as well as all that town cult stuff is what killed it for me.

Well, the cult DID exist in the games as well, but mostly featured in backstories explaining what happened to Alessa and such. I believe the only two remaining (i.e. living) cult members in the first game are Dhalia and the Doctor.

Now that I think about it, I also was a little disappointed that the cult turned out to be alive and kicking in the movie. Particularly when they beat down Cybil with those metal pipes. Laurie Holden is an uber-hottie.

"They look like monsters to you?"

Wasn't there also a bit in Silent Hill 2 when James encounters the redneck drunk guy who's throwing up? It's been a while, but I seem to recall something along the lines of James discovering that the redneck had also fought off attackers, and asked him if he'd been attacked by monsters. And then the redneck says something along the lines of "Monsters? What are you talking about?"

The implication, I believe, was was that the "evils" appear differently depending on the beholder. James encountered monsters that were reminiscent of the trauma he was hiding from himself (the nurses, doctors, Maria, etc...), whereas the redneck saw them as normal humans (and also a dog, I think). Very creepy.

the redneck had also fought off attackers, and asked him if he'd been attacked by monsters. And then the redneck says something along the lines of "Monsters? What are you talking about?"

The implication, I believe, was was that the "evils" appear differently depending on the beholder.

Exactly, yeah, that was Eddie.....and one of the reasons why the monsters are different each time (Nurses in game 1, 2, and 3) all were different

love the first one!!!
Look forward to the 2nd......but with a director at the helm, I'm not that optimistic.

After all, not every director is a die hard fan like Gans!
Silent Hill was the best video game movie ever, although I did kind of enjoy Resident Evil, they suck ass compared to silent hill.

Are you speaking of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories? That's the closest to a remake that I've seen. More of a re-imagining than a straight remake, actually.

I'm not sure. Someone at Gamestop mentioned that there is supposed to be a remake like the Resident Evil game on the Gamecube.

Are you speaking of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories? That's the closest to a remake that I've seen. More of a re-imagining than a straight remake, actually.

Yeah, definitely a reimaging: Dahlia is a 20 something in the new one.....it looks good, but will be way different than the original silent Hill. For one, there is NO direct combat....

Looks real good though...I cannot wait. Bought a Wii just to play it

And for $5, getting the original on the PSN is a great price!

Noooo. No. :( Silent Hill 2 (the game - and my favorite game of all time) is not a continuation of the story in the first Silent Hill.

The movie Silent Hill really disappointed me, as a huge fan of the games. I was hoping for a SH2 movie but one about the actual game, and one that was more like the game than the first movie.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1242679/

I actually met this guy that was in the first Silent Hill movie at a small party at some random girls place after the bar one night, years ago..he has a distinct voice. I remember getting into a fist fight that night too with this scrawny druggie guy covered in tattoos,his girlfriend(which i have no idea was his girlfriend) dragged me into a closet and started making out with me and tried to take my pants down..I think she was very high and drunk..so, he finds out and next thing i know we are scrapping, the cops showed up later on,would love to have round two with that POS and finnish him off..Some women are evil.

Back