Refund by HANOUMAN interest thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any updates on this con artist?

If anybody speaks French, let me know how to post something everybody can read on there, lol.

I speak Le French and I will gladly translate any insults you have for Le scumbag. :mad:

It just shows you how ""stupid"" these dirt bags are, like soverign studios, same thing, the amount of money they lost by scamming the few thousand they did is mind boggling!!!! These jerks would be raking in thousands each new custom,,, just goes to show you talent doesnt cross over to brains,,,

Gangeek style posted on their FB page:

"Hi Jay, "we" are not Seb or Hanouman as he is called on your board.
Today a member of your board posted a comment on an article of our website, The hellboy sculpture Seb has made, with a link to the Arkham Asylum thread on your board.

I read the thread and I was schoked, I really had no clue and couldn't imagine he could do such a thing.

As a matter of fact we asked him explanations, he was a member of our website, the only thing he told us is "I quit, I'm no more a member of gangeek" with no more explanations.

I'm very sorry for what he did to your community, we feel betrayed too because he planed to do the same kind of group command for a sculpture with us, and we don't know how things would have turned if we hadn't been alerted."

So, while we have stopped him from doing it to anyone else it's back to square one.

:)

To be fair to them, they have removed him from their website completely. He's still on the forum though, at the moment.

He will surface again. And when he does, we put him down again.
This can stop when he decides to refund. And only then.

It was his birthday last week. I hope he appreciated this belated gift.

It doesn't help get your money back, but at least you can warn others and keep more money from going into that jerk's pockets.

I try to do the same for PinkertonFX, he's got $95 of my money I'll never see. But if I can prevent him from getting sales or get some one to kick him in the nuts at a show I'll be a happy clam :lecture

Im the one who posted the question on the hellboy sculpture.
Its was not an attack or anything, just asking him " hey what happened mate".
I met hanouman 2/3 years ago on a french forum and even bought 3 figure from him as à pack all went smoothly.
Wonder why he went on the darkside...

Im the one who posted the question on the hellboy sculpture.
Its was not an attack or anything, just asking him " hey what happened mate".
I met hanouman 2/3 years ago on a french forum and even bought 3 figure from him as à pack all went smoothly.
Wonder why he went on the darkside...

Greed turned him on that path.

Greed turned him on that path.

I've seen this happen time and again on this forum over the years, and I think it's actually laziness that creates this problem more than greed. These guys take on a bunch work, they go into it with the best of intentions and then get bored with the projects and just don't want to finish them.

I would agree to a point if this was not a finished product. He had finished the regular head and said that he wasn't going through with the sick head. It was ready to go to get cast.
He just didn't take it to the caster. He came up with excuse after excuse.

Roughly this time last year we got this from Elvis who was in contact with Hanouman.

Ok guys, I just had some happy news.

All the casting will be ready really shortly.
All the cast we will send to me and I will take care of all the shipment.

To be short it will be his last sculpt offered here, he's tired and fed up of sculpting in general.
He's having some though moments.

I can accept laziness and being bored with making a sculpt. I can't say that excuses what he did. In my opinion, he had all the deposit money come in and he got greedy. He decided to keep it and run.

Then he starts on a new forum and he's showing off his sculpts. He interested in scultping again. There's a possibility of doing the same thing again and when he is confronted with what happened here, he runs again.

He'll go to another forum, show off everything he's done and some new stuff. See if anyone wants it. And this will happen again.

I do think he went into it initally with the best of intentions. But if this was finished, all he had to do was send it out. Then he could finally be done with it, but he didn't.

Did he actually get it cast? Personally, I don't think so.

Last edited:
i think wanderer read the quote from elvis as being current.....sorry buddy....that was a respnse from early last year when all this crap started happening...:-/

It doesn't help get your money back, but at least you can warn others and keep more money from going into that jerk's pockets.

I try to do the same for PinkertonFX, he's got $95 of my money I'll never see. But if I can prevent him from getting sales or get some one to kick him in the nuts at a show I'll be a happy clam :lecture

:exactly:

I'm glad to hear the alert paid off, like I said before about this situation, I don't care if I only lost 20 cents on this deal, the fact that he thinks he can get away with it will motivate me enough.

He may get some exposure on a message board or youtube from people who don't know his motives yet, but if he finds any success with it, I bet he won't be going to any shows to promote his work.

Because I'll make sure that galactiboy is a happy clam.

I just had a thought that I just thought of. It seems we may let our enthusiasm to acquire cool collectibles get the better of us. I'm pretty sure here, and certainly at OSW, a person has to be around for a certain length of time and post a certain number of posts before he is allowed to sell anything in the general commerce section. I know I got stung by a guy who offered to sell me something outside of that section and was warned against buying from someone who didn't have enough of a board presence to use that section.

But. And this is a big but, An artist can come along and show something cool in this section, throw up an interest thread and start raking in the big bucks without the same kind of restrictions in place.

And I am not casting aspersions on any current member's honesty because the mods are doing a good job at policing things and the newer guys all seem very stand up to me but I can think of a couple of instances recently where someone new popped up, said, "Look what I just made." And people were lining up to give him money to get it, or something else he could make.

Just my 2 pennies. (Since we aren't using them in Canada anymore I have to get rid of them somewhere.)

I see what you're saying thainer, but to be honest most people here & over at OSW aren't quick to throw down money just to anybody that pops up these days. If anything, I think we've learned to be cautious even with the most established members because most of these guys already had a solid reputation established before their epic treachery.

Figuremaster Les, DarkArtist, Chris Howes and Hanouman had all been well established and had many deals completed before they did what they did. They've essentially ruined this type of business, I won't be putting any money down on "future projects" or funding any group orders thanks to these type of business tactics. It should be a rule that everybody goes by, don't pay for anything until it is in hand, completed and ready to ship.

Hanouman thought he could just go to another board and start over but he found out that ain't so easy.

The information in this thread needs to be made more public.

I see what you're saying thainer, but to be honest most people here & over at OSW aren't quick to throw down money just to anybody that pops up these days. If anything, I think we've learned to be cautious even with the most established members because most of these guys already had a solid reputation established before their epic treachery.

Figuremaster Les, DarkArtist, Chris Howes and Hanouman had all been well established and had many deals completed before they did what they did. They've essentially ruined this type of business, I won't be putting any money down on "future projects" or funding any group orders thanks to these type of business tactics. It should be a rule that everybody goes by, don't pay for anything until it is in hand, completed and ready to ship.

Hanouman thought he could just go to another board and start over but he found out that ain't so easy.

The information in this thread needs to be made more public.

Years ago, when the custom section was almost shut down after the Chris Howes fiasco, it was restructured and a rule was put in place that artists weren't allowed to take payments on projects unless they were finished and ready to ship, and for whatever reason it's just never been enforced. I think the mods got as bored with enforcing their own rules as the artists did with completing their already paid for projects.

Never knew that was a rule. It doesn't help when mods are enforcing payments to happen when such a rule exists.

I brought that exact rule up when WGP asked for a deposit in their Timothy Olypahant thread. No one even acknowledged my question so I thought I was imagining things and I haven't seen the deposit issue brought up again so maybe someone quietly reminded them of the rule. I don't buy a ton of stuff and haven't bought anything from WGP yet but my own personal rule is Don't buy a pig in a poke. If you don't have it to show then I'm not giving any money for it.

On a funny side note on the Chris Howes front. I am one of the few people who actually got his House head. I put together the figure and decided I didn't want it. I was talking to a guy at work about my stuff and mentioned House. He said his son was a huge fan and offered to buy the figure. I brought it in and he only had $20 so I gave him the figure on the promise he would pay me next week. He went off sick and I took a buyout package before he came back. Numerous emails went unanswered. So I eventually got screwed over the Chris Howes heads too.

Back