PS4 OR Xbox One?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I remember when D3 came out and the ****tiness of the always online. I don't think I was able to log into a server until 5am that day, because they were all ****. Now granted MMO's I see nothing wrong with always online, because well who wants to play an MMO offline? :dunno but the other games that require online checks is stupid. I know they do it to try and keep it from being pirated, people still find ways around it.

I have no issue with MMO's being online, but when they launch or their servers need maintenance the game becomes unplayable. With MMO's being what they are that's fine you accept there will be hiccups in the system. But it's just an example of when internet is required servers get jammed and you can't play, now were talking every game is going to be like that.

And yes on PC especially DRM is to stop pirates, it doesn't work all that well and in the case of some of the Assassins Creed games Ubisoft got flak because the servers were down and people who paid for the game couldn't play yet the pirates who stole the game were playing just fine. So it had the opposite effect.

A lot of people are going back and fourth on the controller and not about the actual consoles.

The controller is important though. However I do think it's funny that people keep comparing the 360/PS3 controllers as if it has much bearing on the next-gen controllers, which are both fairly different than last gen's. :lol

Xbox One first, then later on a PS4. All this DRM stuff for the Xbox doesn't bother me at all.

I own a PS3 and Xbox 360. I pretty much use PS3 for watching Blu-ray and playing PS3 exclusives. I use my 360 for all other games.

I'm only going to get one console this time around and it will be PS4. I prefer Sony's exclusive franchises and I have no interest in paying extra for Kinect.

It'll be well over a year before I buy the PS4 though. I still own a ton of games I need to play and more still to come.

the required Kinect really bothers me, so leaning toward a PS4...of course, the state-of-things should be made more clear this next week, so subject to change my mind

Oh, it will. Mark my words, it will.

I'm already always online, I buy games new, don't care if the Kinect spies on me(I'm not going to be playing in the nude), and if for some reason I lose internet access I'll just go do something else.

I'm most interested to see if the online downloadable version of a game will be cheaper.....thats whats going to annoy me more than any of these other Xbox issues.

The game manufacturer saves on production and delivery cost and that should at least in part be passed on to the customer.

I love my kindle, and the instant delivery + cheaper prices + not having to worry about physical storage space after I'm done with a product is awesome.

Oh, it will. Mark my words, it will.

:lecture

If Sony doesn't have this needed 24 hour internet connection, I think it's safe to assume on that alone that the console war of this decade is closed before it's already begun.

I just hope Sony's presentation doesn't suck THAT badly. Leaving the used game market up to the publisher is better than a across the board lockout.

That's my point exactly, Microsoft makes deathtrap consoles. Sure Sony has it's problems, but I think a 5 year lifespan before problems emerge is a great investment.

Xbox One will have the same problems, I know it.

I've had my original Xbox for 5years now and haven't even had a close call. No problems what's so ever with my Xbox360. When I finally got my PS3 it only lasted 6months until I clocked out on me and had to buy a new one since Sony said I'd be getting a refurbished one if I sent mine in.

With that said, I honestly have no preference though. At one point or another, I will have both so it's really a question of which one will I get first which at this point I don't even know. I know I won't be getting one upon release though. I'll wait a year after for the cheaper price and the christmas bundles

Last edited:
Well you're in a better boat than most if you get both. I personally can only afford the one.

I have had my PS3 since launch, fat 60GB and I only had to send it in recently after getting the YLOD. And with the whole used game, backwards compatible market going away, I'm very much glad I did that.

I've had my 80 GB PS3 since December 2007, and I've had no problems whatsoever. It still works as good as new.

Generally, the PS3 consoles have better quality control than the 360.

I'm more than likely going to pass on this lineup of consoles. The only thing that will tease me to get back in is another God of War game that looks better than the latest one.

Well you're in a better boat than most if you get both. I personally can only afford the one.

I have had my PS3 since launch, fat 60GB and I only had to send it in recently after getting the YLOD. And with the whole used game, backwards compatible market going away, I'm very much glad I did that.

I mean it's not like I'll be getting both one right after the other. It will probably a good gap at least 2 years unless I get a good raise which allows for the second system to come in a years time.

But that's great that your PS3 lasted so long. My old roomate had his fat 60gb since it original came out as well and only had to replace it last year.

I absolutely loved the Xbox and Xbox 360 . They always had better graphics and the games always ran better on the Xbox360 then the ps3. Again Xbox one for me !

Back