PS4 OR Xbox One?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dude, the genre doesn't matter, for that matter every PC exclusive is either a shooter or an RPG.

Amongst TPS you get from MGS (so far) to Uncharted, to Red Dead Redemption to the upcoming Last of us, they're all TPS but they're so different from each other, I'm pretty sure the only similarity is the shooting mechanics.

Granted PC has indie games, they still don't reach AAA quality, and if they roughly do, they're super short and lack substance, they're fun little experiences though.

All of PC rts's say hello :wave Also so does Amnesia. Not all PC games are FPS and RPGs. The point I was trying to make is PC imo has a better selection of genres. That includes indie games, because I would gladly play some of those over some of these 60 dollar run of the mill games.

I'm a troll then.

But seriously I'll stick with Xbox. I don't care about TV stuff and at the end of the day they both play video games.

Not trying to instigate or anything, just curious.

Don't the used games policies and the 24hrs connection issues bother you at least a bit?

Nope. I buy most of my games new & all of my other devices need to be connected online to use properly. I don't really care for the kinect but that's for just the general purpose and not all of the conspiracy recording aspects. If Microsoft really wants to record the comings and going of my back room then I just feel bad for them.

In all fairness I am very laid back in general and don't really let little things like this tuff bother me. I'm just excited for the next gen graphics and play first hand what I've seen from titles so far.

When it comes to the kinect always on thing concerning people, worst case scenerio, with my tin foil hat on, i would put duct tape over the camera and speaker (actually that's what l would do 100% just to be sure). You can then worry when you get a call from microsoft and they ask to remove what ever item is blocking your camera, lol. Then you can worry.

All of PC rts's say hello :wave Also so does Amnesia. Not all PC games are FPS and RPGs. The point I was trying to make is PC imo has a better selection of genres. That includes indie games, because I would gladly play some of those over some of these 60 dollar run of the mill games.

Oh well, Shooters, RPG's and RTSs... it really didn't add much.

And like I said, Indie games are not to be compared with AAA games, cause most times they can't compete against them, that is pretty much the main strength of PC when it comes to exclusives, not to mention that consoles also have indies.

Amnesia is First Person, like it or not, it falls into a genre, just like Silent Hill shattered memories is 3rd Person but without the shooting, and let me tell you, SH SM is 10 times the game Amnesia is, IMO, it doesn't look as good though, obviously.

Just to back up my opinion a little bit, I hope this doesn't start on a PC master race vs Console peasants war because I do like both platforms equally, I'm studying computer sciences.

If you go to metacritic, and go to the top games of all times, Console games occupy most of the list, like 3/4 of it, from ps1 till this gen.

This includes Console ports of multiplat games, which get better scores than the PC versions, you know that myth that multiplat games were better on PC than on consoles? Well I recently discovered that that's false, at least looking at Metacritic's scores.

This also include exclusives, Console exclusives exceed PC exclusives in like 3 to 1 in number, and they also often get better scores.

I firmly believe consoles made gaming as big as it is today, BUT, they also hold a major part of the guilt in the gaming industry becoming the greed monster it is today, thanks to the awful "casual gamers" and other reasons.

I don't argue that PC is the most powerful platform, I've had a gaming PC since I was 6 and been upgrading ever since, the same for consoles, but consoles hold most of my childhood and teenage gaming experiences because I often find their stories and games more compelling than PC's exclusives.

Although I still hold no preference between PC vs Consoles, when a game is good, I will play it even on a freaking iPhone.

Like Dathviper said, I'll wait until Monday to decide. Ultimately I go where the interesting games are.

I will say though that from what we know right now, and assuming all DRM schemes will end up being equal, the PS4 has the edge. Still, I'm not voting till we know everything.

Metacritic means nothing when percentages are marginal % off. PC reviews also tend to be more harsh/expect more.

PC multiplats are always better, no exception really since community always finds ways to quickly fix things (Dark Souls).

Consoles do get more high-profile exclusives though. More exposure, more interesting titles. No arguing that really... PC exclusives are actually kind of niche these days.

But eh, when addictive stuff like Dota 2 is on PC, I don't mind. The International 3 (biggest Dota 2 tourney) has broken the record of most prize money in a video game tournament ever.

It should be noted that generally, there are just a whole lot more reviews for multiplatform games on consoles than there are for PC versions of those same games. There just aren't nearly as many review outlets that review multiplat games on pcs. So, that's mostly why you see higher aggregate scores for console versions than PC on places like metacritic.

I won't disagree though that AAA exclusives on PC are generally first-person, mmos, or tactical rpgs.

Metacritic means nothing when percentages are marginal % off. PC reviews also tend to be more harsh/expect more.

PC multiplats are always better, no exception really since community always finds ways to quickly fix things (Dark Souls).

Consoles do get more high-profile exclusives though. More exposure, more interesting titles. No arguing that really... PC exclusives are actually kind of niche these days.

But eh, when addictive stuff like Dota 2 is on PC, I don't mind. The International 3 (biggest Dota 2 tourney) has broken the record of most prize money in a video game tournament ever.

Well the average is calculated in the same way for both PC and consoles and to be fair PC reviews are only more demanding in terms of performance compared to consoles and they often deliver, still, consoles get better scores most times.

But technically speaking, PC games are always better, no question, that doesn't speak for the creative part of games though, but I guess that's subjective.

It should be noted that generally, there are just a whole lot more reviews for multiplatform games on consoles than there are for PC versions of those same games. There just aren't nearly as many review outlets that review multiplat games on pcs. So, that's mostly why you see higher aggregate scores for console versions than PC on places like metacritic.

I won't disagree though that AAA exclusives on PC are generally first-person, mmos, or tactical rpgs.

Yeah like I said, genre's mean nothing, CS and TF2 are very different as well.

Well I checked and more often than not they have the same amount of reviews, Bioshock infinite i.e. (which got a better rating for PC btw) has 33 reviews for 360, 27 on PS3 which work for 60 reviews on consoles and 68 reviews on PC.

You're both right though, there are many nitpicks and variables when it comes to metacritic but it does IMO put the big picture in perspective, still don't get me wrong, I don't have preferences, I love both my rig and my consoles.

Last edited:
It's too early to say, I'm firmly against the XBox One right now since every bullet point MS released the other day was a restriction and not a feature. But the whole war on Used Games is squarely on the shoulders of EA, Ubisoft and Activision and other publishers who seem to think it's okay to flood the market with 4 hour games that need to sell millions of units to make a profit.

That being said Sony has been very quiet during this whole thing, yes when asked at the reveal back in February Sony gave in a round about way answers that seem to imply they won't be doing these kinds of things, but there is a chance the publishers will do it anyway.

The big decider for me is if with PS4 I still own my games then I'm going with Sony, this whole game licensing thing for XBox one is just infuriating if anything happens to the servers or to your internet for more then 24 hours the system becomes a giant paper weight...sorry it can watch Live TV and DVD Blue Ray.

PS4 for me. I haven't seen everything yet, but it's just a matter of habit, at this point. All of my game consoles have been Playstations and I doubt I'll change any this time around.

I wonder how many of the votes are due to the craptastic XBOX One "feature" reveals, lol. Waiting to see how PS4 is going to handle their software "licensing".

Well the average is calculated in the same way for both PC and consoles and to be fair PC reviews are only more demanding in terms of performance compared to consoles and they often deliver, still, consoles get better scores most times.

But technically speaking, PC games are always better, no question, that doesn't speak for the creative part of games though, but I guess that's subjective.

Yeah like I said, genre's mean nothing, CS and TF2 are very different as well.

Well I checked and more often than not they have the same amount of reviews, Bioshock infinite i.e. (which got a better rating for PC btw) has 33 reviews for 360, 27 on PS3 which work for 60 reviews on consoles and 68 reviews on PC.

You're both right though, there are many nitpicks and variables when it comes to metacritic but it does IMO put the big picture in perspective, still don't get me wrong, I don't have preferences, I love both my rig and my consoles.

All fine and good, but I don't see the point of introducing an arbitrary distinction such as "console multiplats get higher reviews" when the variables involved are so great in number that it makes every single case circumstantial. I.e. Bioshock Infinite as you said does have more pc reviews than console reviews, but the pc score aggregate is higher than the 360 versions and equal to the ps3 version. Tomb Raider on pc has much less reviews on pc than on consoles, but aggregates to the same score. What's the lesson to be taken from this? Nothing, except that you need to read the reviews to figure out if there is a difference between the versions outside of technical prowess. That, and the variance of reviews of each. There are so many games out there that attempting to draw a conclusion as you have would take more time than I think this deserves.

Usually, reviews of pc games don't grant higher score points eventhough pc allows better performance or graphics settings. Most review outlets give one score for all versions of a multiplat game, unless there is something really noteworthy about one version compared to the others.

And the final factor is like domishin said: websites that review pc games only have a different (sometimes) harsher opinion of games originally developed for consoles, so reviews are already weighted against pc versions of obviously console-developed games. This is the only circumstance where subjectivity based on creativity comes into play, since many hardcore pc-only gamers/reviewers may expect different things from games

I'm not really sure why I felt I needed to type all this. I'm bored I guess. Disregard.

any xbox one votes are troll votes

Gif-Exactly.gif

The required 24 hour connection is beyond infuriating.

I think Sony will leave the used game purchase thing up to the publishers. Which means EA will continue to **** everyone.

Xbox seems more trouble than it's worth.

what do you mean you have to have a 24 hour internet connection to play games? what if your power goes out?

It's too early to say, I'm firmly against the XBox One right now since every bullet point MS released the other day was a restriction and not a feature. But the whole war on Used Games is squarely on the shoulders of EA, Ubisoft and Activision and other publishers who seem to think it's okay to flood the market with 4 hour games that need to sell millions of units to make a profit.

That being said Sony has been very quiet during this whole thing, yes when asked at the reveal back in February Sony gave in a round about way answers that seem to imply they won't be doing these kinds of things, but there is a chance the publishers will do it anyway.

The big decider for me is if with PS4 I still own my games then I'm going with Sony, this whole game licensing thing for XBox one is just infuriating if anything happens to the servers or to your internet for more then 24 hours the system becomes a giant paper weight...sorry it can watch Live TV and DVD Blue Ray.

This. On every single point.

Back