Which spoiled Boba Fett the most?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which spoiled Boba Fett the most?

• PT/TCW

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Mando/BOBF

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • ROTJ

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • All of the above

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • None of the above

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
I was happy to have him back. That is, until...

67igRZe.gif

8SPUFMA.gif

It was then that I realized that someone different came out of that pit.

I would say The Book of Boba Fett. Didn’t hate it as much as most but it wasn’t particularly good either.

Honestly though Boba Fett has never been a truly great character in my view. Sure he looked cool but really in the OT he doesn’t do much at all. Shows up at Cloud City to collect the bounty on Han in ESB and then goes out super easily in ROTJ.

It's kinda funny, people have memed the PT into something positive, but I remember all the comments back then, seeing Boba Fett as a kid was the worst. For my money, the downhill slide started from there.

Nobody literally wanted to see Boba Fett as a kid. When we are interested in the backstory, we don't mean their childhood. :slap

I just get a kick out of people hating on the ST. My man, I've been hating on Star Wars movies for 20 years. :)

It's kinda funny, people have memed the PT into something positive, but I remember all the comments back then, seeing Boba Fett as a kid was the worst. For my money, the downhill slide started from there.

Nobody literally wanted to see Boba Fett as a kid. When we are interested in the backstory, we don't mean their childhood. :slap

I just get a kick out of people hating on the ST. My man, I've been hating on Star Wars movies for 20 years. :)
I think I was too annoyed at the time with how they ruined Vader to care about Boba. 😄

‘Book of Boba Fett’ hands down.

I think a big reason is that they basically made Mando the new Boba Fett

Not the first time. PT made Jango the new Fett.

Boba's been cast aside, diluted and made a joke since ROTJ... it's his lot in life. I still find traditional stormtrooper helmets of ANH to be very cool looking and a great design... but that Mando helmet, I roll my eyes every time I see another one now all colored up to "distinguish" itself.

So, which was worse? Or can you never get enough Boba?

databank_dewback_01_169_bc886996.jpeg

s-l1200.jpg

s-l640.jpg

As a collector/hobbyist, I'm happy to see as much "source" material hit the screen as possible. Obviously I'd like it to be excellent storytelling, but barring that, at least give us some good toys

I was NOT a fan of the Star Wars Special Edition in general. Why does Greedo need to shoot first? However, there's a brief snippet with a dewback and sandtrooper, and was just enough to get the then Power Of The Force line to release a dewback and sandtrooper set. Later, it might have been just enough to push the 12 inch dewback into production.

As a collector, I'm glad BOBF was made for the toy potential alone. I really don't get the teenager punk rock rebel fighters that look like they fell out of a N'Sync tour bus. But I actually liked BOBF as a tv series. There's a lot wrong with it on a fundamental level, but I really enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for samurai stories I suppose. I might be one of the few people here on this forum who did like it. I ended up picking up a Black Series comic Krrysanten and a Boba Fett with removable helmet for very good prices. I think they are cool figures. I didn't pay that much for them. I'm glad to have them. Without the TV series, I would probably not have them since they might not have been made.

On BOBF, the "mistake" I see that was made IMHO was that they didn't recast a younger version of Boba Fett. Then used Morrison as either flash forwards, or as present day with the younger version as flashbacks. That way you could DOUBLE the merchandising potential, and give both ends of the story ( i.e. a comprehensive "origin" story in terms of being a bounty hunter while also dealing with his survival post Sarlacc) To potentially fix the recasting, they could have just never let younger Fett take off his helmet. Or made him a burn victim or something else with scarring to hide that he 's not a young Morrison ( to avoid the massive SFX cost of de-ageing, etc, etc)

I'd rather the TV series ENDED with Bib Fortuna getting shot up and then Fett takes the throne. With most of the footage dealing with younger Fett stories about individual hunts that shaped his overall character. I also think that would have been an interesting chance to bring in some Shadows Of The Empire stuff into the fold. Again, more merchandising potential.

I get the desire for "homage" to what Lucas created first, i.e. bringing in Morrison. But the guy was too old, too heavy and not a good enough actor to uplift the material given. Ming Na is also basically a TV show's kiss of death ( though her figure sculpt is amazing ) I think the show realized too late that they needed Cad Bane and Cobb Vanth in there much much sooner.

At least as collectors, we have the potential consolation "prize" of possibly some cool action figures. Just regular Star Wars fans were sort of boned though in that regard. I didn't really like the M.A.S.K. cartoon in some ways as a kid. But damn did those toys rock. Especially Boulder Mountain. Same basic premise, even decades ago. Just some thoughts.

BOBF

I don’t understand how Robert Rodriguez made both the Mando episode when he returned and the BOBF show.

He must have had a lobotomy inbetween.

Rodriguez- "...Do we need to add more pages?' and he goes, 'No, that's what you're here for! You need to fill that out.' I said, 'Oh, okay, I'll try and make that battle longer.' So that's where that extra battle came from." .... I added a lot of action."
Rodriguez's Mando ep barley had a script, it was just film him being a bad-ass and Favreau just let him direct and shoot what action he wanted, which he did.
Rodriguez's Fett episodes all followed Favreau's actual full script. :lol

Last edited:

This year I celebrate my 25th anniversary of hating!

I think I was too annoyed at the time with how they ruined Vader to care about Boba. 😄

When future generations watch the saga in episodic order (if they still care), all the things that annoyed us won't seem so bad.

I sincerely hope future generations are still annoyed when they see Luke tongue kissing his twin sister.

Last edited:
It's such a lame reveal in ROTJ that it makes you wish Lucas hadn't even bothered. But of course everyone has to be connected in one way or another in his universe.

Cool in the OT for a reason - costume, mystery, some type of feud w/ Solo and being singled out by Vader (why?).

Lucas Knew his popularity and exploited it through AOTC in Jango and his “unaltered” son - Boba.

While I’m a Fett fan for life, we didn’t need every last minute detail explained. He didn’t need a sister in Omega.

The mysterious footsteps we got in The Mandalorian with that spur “Ching” sound was perfect.

I could have seen some type of Sarlaac escape with him disappearing into the twin suns and been ecstatic.

some thing that says - he’s alive. He’s out there.

sometimes too much of a good thing is just . . . too much.

There was not a selection for my Choice

SE ESB

I can’t watch Empire in 4k and not be reminded of the way they ruined BFs mystic. His original voice was bad ass and cool. He sounded like he would give Vader a run for his money. I am at the point again that the OT is the only real SW (with RO), but every time he speaks I am reminded of the awful AOTC :(

M2 actually did a good job of making the revision of BF acceptable only to be destroyed by BOBF :(

Jedi could have gave him a better exit but overall he is fine in that one.

So it’s
SE Empire
BOBF
AOTC
With a dash of ROTJ

So it’s
SE Empire
BOBF
AOTC
With a dash of ROTJ

So basically Boba has been ruined in every era of Star Wars ever made and from the very beginning.

Fortunately, the Star Wars Fan Club newsletter that revealed to me, in sketch form, Boba Fett (and his arsenal of built-in weaponry) in 1979 is still the best iteration of Boba Fett ever.

There was not a selection for my Choice

SE ESB

I can’t watch Empire in 4k and not be reminded of the way they ruined BFs mystic. His original voice was bad ass and cool. He sounded like he would give Vader a run for his money. I am at the point again that the OT is the only real SW (with RO), but every time he speaks I am reminded of the awful AOTC :(
Dude why haven't you been watching ESB Despecialized for like the last half decade?

Back