PS4 OR Xbox One?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it has to do with Internet, the whole 24 hour online checkup is DRM basically and if you try to login to your account on a Xbox other than yours, example your at a buddies house it needs a Internet connection every hour. people without Internet all all wont be able to even play or turn on the Xbox one. As no Internet = no turning on.

Then you shouldn't have power to play games to begin with.

Exactly.

People in poorer neighborhoods or who arent as well off who do not have Internet (or at least a good Internet connection) could see an issue with the X1's 24 hour connection, but this is not an issue that will affect me at the moment. If something unfortunate were to happen to me I'd like to think that gaming would be very low on my list of concerns.

Exactly.

People in poorer neighborhoods or who arent as well off who do not have Internet (or at least a good Internet connection) could see an issue with the X1's 24 hour connection, but this is not an issue that will affect me at the moment. If something unfortunate were to happen to me I'd like to think that gaming would be very low on my list of concerns.

So in your small minded world, people that choose not to have internet at home are automatically poor?

I asked the question because I have no idea what it meant when people were saying that you have to have it online 24 hours or it wont work. Darth Vader's reply answered my questions, but you just made youself look like the tool that you are.

Currently I prefer Xbox over PS3. I liked PS2 over Xbox. Looks like I'm going back to Sony. Only this time I'm picking only one of the two (I usually buy them all). I can not rewarding Microsoft for this. They will not receive a dime.

So in your small minded world, people that choose not to have internet at home are automatically poor?

I asked the question because I have no idea what it meant when people were saying that you have to have it online 24 hours or it wont work. Darth Vader's reply answered my questions, but you just made youself look like the tool that you are.

Yes, in my small minded world. I also said "or at least a good Internet connection" but for all intents and purposes please feel free to read what you'd like.

This is a waste of time.

The thing for everyone who is okay with the once a day internet "feature" to remember is that there is something like 76 million Xbox 360's sold and about 46 million Xbox live accounts, so assuming for a moment that each of these roughly 46 million are unique accounts and not duplicate profiles from people who have lost it or just made dummy accounts for some reason. It's still a giant chunk of people who have never connected the 360 to the internet, basically MS is saying screw you to a large number of people.

The other thing to remember is a couple years back PSN went down for almost a month because of hackers. Every time these so called hactivist groups feel something is infringing on their rights they make every attempt to take it down, so I expect multiple attacks on MS servers. If they go down the system is useless.

The idea that the console needs to go online doesn't bother me, the fact that if something happens and I can't get on for days then the XBone is useless.

The thing for everyone who is okay with the once a day internet "feature" to remember is that there is something like 76 million Xbox 360's sold and about 46 million Xbox live accounts, so assuming for a moment that each of these roughly 46 million are unique accounts and not duplicate profiles from people who have lost it or just made dummy accounts for some reason. It's still a giant chunk of people who have never connected the 360 to the internet, basically MS is saying screw you to a large number of people.

The other thing to remember is a couple years back PSN went down for almost a month because of hackers. Every time these so called hactivist groups feel something is infringing on their rights they make every attempt to take it down, so I expect multiple attacks on MS servers. If they go down the system is useless.

The idea that the console needs to go online doesn't bother me, the fact that if something happens and I can't get on for days then the XBone is useless.

I think you're on to something. It will be the same bull**** that happened to Sim City.

I think you're on to something. It will be the same bull**** that happened to Sim City.

Sim City, Diablo 3 any MMO ever, any game with DRM (Ubisofts got so bad they had to disable DRM) there is a history of things that require always online and then blow up. Now granted Sim City was because EA had like I think two servers at launch and thought that was going to be enough. MS is promising thousands of servers. But still Xbox live got very congested at launch, now your saying EVERY system they sell will be online. It feels like a disaster waiting to happen.

And if Sony decides to not go this route but leaves it up to the publishers to make their own authentication servers expect PS4 to be A LOT worse.

Cant vote accurrately cause I will have both. Xbox will be primary due to me owning the 360 and surprisingly never having a problem with the unit.

The online check in on the xbox one every 24 hrs sounds like **** but we'll see.

Ps4 going in the other room to relpace the ps3 thats in their now. Exclusive titles... yknow.

Xbox wins the controller feud, IMO.

All my games with dlc need xboxlive because my memory cache sucks on my Xbox and i have to update games all the time. They already have me checking in!

Sim City, Diablo 3 any MMO ever, any game with DRM (Ubisofts got so bad they had to disable DRM) there is a history of things that require always online and then blow up. Now granted Sim City was because EA had like I think two servers at launch and thought that was going to be enough. MS is promising thousands of servers. But still Xbox live got very congested at launch, now your saying EVERY system they sell will be online. It feels like a disaster waiting to happen.

And if Sony decides to not go this route but leaves it up to the publishers to make their own authentication servers expect PS4 to be A LOT worse.

I remember when D3 came out and the ****tiness of the always online. I don't think I was able to log into a server until 5am that day, because they were all ****. Now granted MMO's I see nothing wrong with always online, because well who wants to play an MMO offline? :dunno but the other games that require online checks is stupid. I know they do it to try and keep it from being pirated, people still find ways around it.

Controller size has always been an issue for me as the Xbox controller
feels better in the hands and my fingers slip of the triggers on the PS3 pad.
But i like the sticks more on the PS3 pad and i like the light weight of the pad too.

Also having no internet has nothing to do with being poor IMO.
As i got rid of my internet a few years ago for the fact i stopped using it
and was a waste of money.
But then i wanted it again.

But to be honest i'm not too bothered about the next gen thing as i have hundreds of games some not even played on.
Will be more of just get is as a Christmas gift to be honest as i get a nice watch every year so will get something different.

A lot of people are going back and fourth on the controller and not about the actual consoles.

Definitely PS4 for me. I transitioned from 360 to PS3 a few years ago, and while I still have like some features of my 360, I've not once regretted my decision.

And the way the next generation consoles are shaping up, I most definitely made a good choice. I'm really intrigued in seeing how the new controller feels/works for the PS4 too.

Back