Powerloader Price Revealed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pjam said:
Btw, I am a collector too, I just don't make a living selling Toys and my Dealer would NEVER chime in on a Collector board to support a high price point, he just lists and sells and leaves it up to the buyer... but that was a general humorous jab aimed at no-one in particular so there is no need for your sophmoric puerile personal attacks, grow TF up, man! Especially attacking VETERAN Freak Board members you know nothing about who are expressing and sharing opinions regarding the value of a collectible with other collectors...

:cool:

Oh man so us noobs cant say squat because we ain't veterans

well a vet here I am not but a real vet I am

granted I just started posting here after a long troll period but trust me I am not a noob

Pjam if I offeneded you well thats life man
It wasnt my intention but like I said I know TM and hes a good guy
like someone said this is getting too personal so I wont go making jabs anymore on this post
All I will say is if you dont like the price of the PL that express it with your wallet and pass on it but *****in about the price whatever it will be because it isnt what you want to pay is juvenile ...the market will dictate the price not matter how little we want to pay for it

You still don't get it...

You said this...

usmcchet9296 said:
....just puleeze stop being a whiney ass little girly man already ...well unless your a girl then whine all you want ;)

Long After I posted this...

"I was probably the first member here to speculate/hope that Hot Toys would make a Power Loader (last April)... and I'm done be-otching about price now and will buy one (but from MY dealer) so I Do wish you all happy PL days ahead..."

Not cool. Maybe try to read previous posts from members before attacking them with crap like that next time.

Which is the point, isn't it? Then you omit it from my quote in your response above after failing to acknowledge this...

MisterToyNYC said:
It's gonna be really funny if when the official price is released and it turns out to be no more than $200, everyone's gonna say "Doh! Forget what I said earlier."

And that's my opinion as a collector and a dealer. :D

Eric

RED PLANET TOYS
www.redplanettoys.com

pjam said:
That would be great and I totally respect your opnion Eric, just having a little fun (with smilies) as did Mookey.:lol Rock on man! :D :cool:

And this...

Darklord Dave said:
Adam (Darkshadowcollectibles) did tell us that NO PRICE HAD BEEN ESTABLISHED. Even though he's a dealer I think we can trust him.

And make nice kids - no bashing or name calling.

Say what you want just please try to respect the opinions of others as almost everyone else on this board does without resorting to hostile juvenile rhetoric.

Yeah, that's life man... on this board anyway.

Can we PLEASE move on now? LOL.

Last edited:
so, do you think
BBTS(bigbadtoystore) will raise the price even if we already placed an order?

Reinhardt said:
agreed! i mean, we're already "outcast" for our hobby anyway... we gotta stick together!

LOL
that's what i'm always thinking man:lol

Last edited:
sunohc said:
so, do you think

BBTS said price will be adjusted daniel, no cancellation penalty... :D

sunohc said:
so, do you think

It's been my experience that they usually change the price to reflect what something will actually cost once they receive new information, whether it rises or falls.

I'm glad I missed all this strife. $250 is about what I expected it to cost, it does look a little more complex then the ED-209 which would explain the $50 increase IMHO.
Who wouldn't want this to be cheaper? I had to pass on the whole Jabba thing because I prioritize what I want the most, if I want the PL more then something that might ship during that month, then the others will get canned, it's the way things are now a days unfortunately.

Re: Powerloader OverPrice Revealed!

Well, even if it is $500 without Ripley, you will pay it.

Considering that the polar lights 1/350th scale Enterprise measures around 24" x 10" x 12" and cost around $60 unbuilt, yes $250 is unreasonable, but there will always be those of you who will pay.

Too bad no one knows how to scratchbuild anymore.:rotfl

I'll say one thing, I don't particular *want* to pay $250. One of my points was that given the prices other Hot Toys items have cost in the past, that $250 doesn't sound unreasonable, solely based on those prices. A 16-18" vehicle with articulation? Yeah, that does sound like something that would cost 2 1/2 times the cost of a regular 12" figure to me.

I don't really think most Hot Toys figures are worth $100... however if there's one I want I will pay that price for them. There's a bunch I'm on the fence about where I can't quite justify it. In the same vein I'd much prefer if the Power Loader cost $140, who wouldn't? I'd prefer if Sideshow Star Wars figures cost $40. They don't, but I want them, so I pay the price.

When it comes to what something is "worth" then that's a highly personal subject. I will pay $250 for a Power Loader, because it's something I really want. So I guess it is worth $250 to me. There's lots of things people buy around here that don't seem worth the money to me... I could never justify dropping $500 on a 1:1 bust of a minor Star Wars character. It doesn't mean Sideshow's ripping off the people who can justify that price. It's just what it costs.

Hi all

Im new round here, please be gentle!

In regards to the high cost of the Powerloader, would any part of it be the cost to the film studio/owner for using its likeness?

I don't really know how it works with collectables, but ive noticed the movie Hot Toys are more expensive than there usual ones (firemen etc) Im guessing when they acquire the license they have free reign to do whatever they like from the property, but is there a cost per unit they have to pay? (like commission to the recording artist for CD's etc)

Just a thought.

Licensing costa are always a part of the retail cost, but you can get the colonial marines on pre-order from just about any online retailor for well under 100.00. The confusion and frustration seems to come from wondering how this cage apparatus can be costing so much more. In all honesty, without seeing the final product it is impossible to say whether it is a good deal or not. However, this is about as expensive as it has gotten for a mainstream 1/6 toy. You could have bought a radio controlled 1/6 Stuart tank at original retail for less than this. This will obviously have a much smaller run, but 250.00 will be very difficult for a lot of collectors to justify unless this thing has a ton of lights or other value added features. Time will tell. Either way, it is a very cool item that collector's have been clammoring for. That alone may assure a sellout.

One other issue with cost could be that they won't be able to release a 2nd version of the PL like they've done with many of the unique sculpt items (3 Robocops, 3 Alien Warriors, 2 ED-209s, etc). I can't really imagine any legitimate variations on the PL, which would probably mean its just a one time sculpt/design which could significantly raise the price.

Ah value. Always a personal topic. People tend to get the concept of paying money in general confused with paying a price for a very specific item. I've spent more on a single item than what's being proposed for the PL, but that has nothing to do with whether this specific item is 'worth' $250. I've paid $500 for items that were well worth it, and I've paid $10 for things that weren't worth even that.

Price is tightly woven with supply and demand. The higher the price, the lower the demand, and vice versa. There is a perfect vortex where supply and demand match exactly, and the price at that point is ideal. At that same supply, a higher price will mean surplus, and at any lower price you'll have shortages. So the trick for Hot Toys is to find that price for the supply they mean to produce. For HT, 'value' means very little, except only in relation to whether or not they can convince as many people to buy one as they make. In other words, at what price will the demand match their supply.

But for the individual buyer, 'value' means everything. And while it's a subjective idea,there will be an overall general feeling that comes out from the majority. And that majority can make or break the overall end result for HT.

For me, $250 is definitely pushing it. I had expected around $200 though, and anything at $150 or lower would have astounded me. The serious Alien collector may go $250, but I'm betting they'll lose most of the less crazed collectors at that price point, unless this thing does some pretty amazing stuff.

Michael Crawford said:
For me, $250 is definitely pushing it. I had expected around $200 though, and anything at $150 or lower would have astounded me. The serious Alien collector may go $250, but I'm betting they'll lose most of the less crazed collectors at that price point, unless this thing does some pretty amazing stuff.

Well said Michael, thanks... and simple cage lights which were NOT on the proto, if done, would complete this piece IMO.

Last edited:
I think everyone has a valid point
Trust me 250 is allot of money to spend but considering I was thinking it would be closer to 3 bills 250 is more tolerable
I know some may think 250 is too much but considering my next PC upgrade will cost well over 2grand, the 350 I dropped for Jabba and Co., and whenever I upgrade my 1/1 gun collection I spend a minimum of 5 bills, 250 seems a deal in the grand scheme of things.

I agree that in the grand scheme of life this is dirt cheap. However, I never permit my collectibles into the grand scheme of life. They aren't that much a priority. This is extra blow dough...and it better blow me away to loosen that much from me!:D

Yawn.. everyone who has money issues please don't buy this toy. Everyone without money issues please load up and enjoy. I'm buying at least 3, perhaps 4.

I'll Ebay my extras for an incredible mark up and really give folks something to cry about.

Back