Shōgun ( FX 2024 Miniseries / James Clavell )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This show inspired me to re-watch "Last Samurai."

Obviously, there's a lot in common. I used to quite like Last Samurai. But after watching Shogun, it's just laughable. Embarrassing, almost. All the sweeping slow mo shots and dramatic music just makes it seem so cheesy now.

It was cool twenty years ago, but it just seems dumb now.

Did you guys actually like the episode?

That was the worst one in the series. Only 10 episodes, 10 hours to tell this epic story with dozens of characters, and they waste the entire penultimate episode with filler.

Next week better deliver. It would be a shame if they fail to stick the landing.

It starts in a rather calm manner but actually pretty deep, gives a closure to certain character.. I don't think it's just a filler. It's like a calm before the storm.. but not the simple meaningless calm, it went out with a bang.

Last edited:
It starts in a rather calm manner but actually pretty deep, gives a closure to certain character.. I don't think it's just a filler. It's like a calm before the storm.. but not the simple meaningless calm, it went out with a bang.
Yeah it clearly sets up what’s to come.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It’s top quality entertainment. With what movies have become and the kinds of TV shows available in today’s world this shines as top tier for me in every way. I could rant and rave about so much with this series, character development, costumes, dialogue, history, their movements, like damn near everything this show has to offer is on a grand scale. Thank you FX for bringing such a wonderful series to television. It’s as good as it gets. (My opinion)

Hm. I didn't really care for the conclusion.

The beginning and middle had me completely hooked, but I feel like it ran out of steam the last few episodes.

Still very, very good and worth watching, but it's not up there with season one of "True Detective" in the annals of perfect television. In my opinion, anyway.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think some will be disappointed by the lack of action in this finale, but the show was never about that to begin with.

They closed out all of the character arcs in the end. Everyone got some closure in their own ways.

I think some will be disappointed by the lack of action in this finale, but the show was never about that to begin with.

They closed out all of the character arcs in the end. Everyone got some closure in their own ways.
Touché.
This from the beginning, is a story of revenge and redemption done behind the curtain.

Hm. I didn't really care for the conclusion.

The beginning and middle had me completely hooked, but I feel like it ran out of steam the last few episodes.

Still very, very good and worth watching, but it's not up there with season one of "True Detective" in the annals of perfect television. In my opinion, anyway.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Collecting figures of superhero’s will help you forget her buddy

Back