Powerloader Price Revealed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm curious if there was this much controversy and discussion over the ED-209 fig. That came at a pretty hefty price, and considering what we are getting with the powerloader, the price makes sense.

Reinhardt said:
i'm curious if there was this much controversy and discussion over the ED-209 fig. That came at a pretty hefty price, and considering what we are getting with the powerloader, the price makes sense.

Just wait until HT releases the Queen and we see the price for that :cool:

I've been thinking that maybe some of the displeasure about the PL price tag and how it compares to Ed-209's cost might be because the PL is incomplete without Ripley or some other figure. That Ed-209 is a complete character and not merely a vehicle might factor into why his price is more acceptable and seen as being more complex then the PL. :dunno

i think the biggest issue people have is that the item was offered or put up as a teaser, than when the fan furvor started, HT saw it and and took advantage of it.

3 Robocop fans... at least of the first one :monkey3

I for one was hoping the import/Sideshow price for ED would be less... but even at $200 he's still a great value. Which is why I'm still trying to get one :monkey2 :monkey2

screamingmetal said:
I've been thinking that maybe some of the displeasure about the PL price tag and how it compares to Ed-209's cost might be because the PL is incomplete without Ripley or some other figure. That Ed-209 is a complete character and not merely a vehicle might factor into why his price is more acceptable and seen as being more complex then the PL. :dunno

good point. yeah, with Ripley, it'll be well over 300.

still getting one though. :)

oh, and make that 4... :D

I'm a fan of the first movie. The others weren't worth the celluloid they were printed on though. My opinion. I guess I'm a fan of the movie, but definitely not "the movies".

I loved the first Robocop and have to say the the subsequent films and shows were better than their Highlander counterparts...

Darklord Dave said:
I loved the first Robocop and have to say the the subsequent films and shows were better than their Highlander counterparts...

Dave really has it in for the Krusade. :lol

Mookeylama said:
i think the biggest issue people have is that the item was offered or put up as a teaser, than when the fan furvor started, HT saw it and and took advantage of it.

At the risk of being verbally attacked, do we know if this is a fact? Was the price that BBTF (or whoever they are) posted an official price? I'm still a bit confused since alot of this sounds like speculation.

Eric

Darklord Dave said:
I agree 110%!!!

customizerwannabe said:
Funny to think the ultimate Kurgan Clancy Brown is the voice of Mr. Krabbs on SpongeBob!:rotfl

And Lex Luthor.

Hot Toys never released a wholesale price to Sideshow or anyone else at Toyfair, therefore a retail price is still unknown...

What upset many of us was that we believed it would go up for Pre-Order at Toyfair on the last day along with the other HT products such as the Aliens Warrior, then it was announced very late that day it would not go up for P.O. on the Sideshow site even though it had been previewed as "Coming to Toyfair 2007" on their site because HT had not released info re pricing and pre-order dates.

And we still don't officially know...

SSC Brant said on the podcast that this "was very well articulated to the best of his knowledge and would be around $250."

Last edited:
pjam said:
Hot Toys never released a wholesale price to Sideshow or anyone else at Toyfair, therefore a retail price is still unknown...

What upset many of us was that we believed it would go up for Pre-Order at Toyfair on the last day along with the other HT products such as the Aliens Warrior, then it was announced very late that day it would not go up for P.O. on the Sideshow site even though it had been previewed as "Coming to Toyfair 2007" on their site because HT had not released info re pricing and pre-order dates.

And we still don't officially know...

SSC Brant on the podcast did say this item "was very well articulated to the best of his knowledge and would be around $250."

So are we upset that the price will probably be $250 or are that we were led to believe that it was going to be alot less?

Eric

Back